Why Is The Dea In Town?

Buzz

Anyone know why the DEA is making rounds? I understand searching for illegal grows, but for us who are registered with the state, why are they going to check all cardholders? They came in with a chopper and armed DEA agents to an individuals home and managed to get the entire neighborhood into an uproar. They haven't been here, but if that's how they are going to come in, is it fair? We're all trying to abide by the laws but we have personal reasons why this could be so destructive...we are business owners with a spotless record (over 45 years in business), Christian and private folks. I'm almost 70 and have never done this before. I'm extremely nervous that we may lose our business (construction). From what I've heard, they are going by a grid system and searching every cardholder's grow. I'm within my limits...just curious about why all the drama? Thanks! :judge:

Anyone know why the DEA is making rounds? I understand searching for illegal grows, but for us who are registered with the state, why are they going to check all cardholders? They came in with a chopper and armed DEA agents to an individuals home and managed to get the entire neighborhood into an uproar. They haven't been here, but if that's how they are going to come in, is it fair? We're all trying to abide by the laws but we have personal reasons why this could be so destructive...we are business owners with a spotless record (over 45 years in business), Christian and private folks. I'm almost 70 and have never done this before. I'm extremely nervous that we may lose our business (construction). From what I've heard, they are going by a grid system and searching every cardholder's grow. I'm within my limits...just curious about why all the drama? Thanks! :judge:

This is troubling. Where is this happening?

Take a breath. Where are you getting your information?

Edited by GregS

This is troubling. Where is this happening?

Take a breath. Where are you getting your information?

I thought it was troubling also. Don't want or need that attention. There were two (that I know of) in Ionia County. I don't think the guy would lie to me, or his wife. They were my old caregivers until I finally finished building my room. Another raid (?) was across from their house. They are all cardholders, but they called to tell me. They don't take this lightly or would like to have 'fun' by seeing me have a nervous breakdown over it. Decent people! He was told by the officers that they are going to every cardholder, especially caregivers to be sure they are within legal limits. I don't know what's going on!!! 

They are here in Redford and what appeared to be a plainclothes Fed drove by my house about 5 miles an hour looking at my property there was an armed robbery at the McDonald's at 5 mile and Telegraph around the time I made a delivery to my patient who came out from Troy the Feds intervened in the robbery that came from a local Lieutenant from Redford PD what I want to know is why Feds are sniffing around my hood ?

I thought it was troubling also. Don't want or need that attention. There were two (that I know of) in Ionia County. I don't think the guy would lie to me, or his wife. They were my old caregivers until I finally finished building my room. Another raid (?) was across from their house. They are all cardholders, but they called to tell me. They don't take this lightly or would like to have 'fun' by seeing me have a nervous breakdown over it. Decent people! He was told by the officers that they are going to every cardholder, especially caregivers to be sure they are within legal limits. I don't know what's going on!!! 

The Marijuana Law prohibits LARA, the state registry agency, from divulging information. If there has been some kind of breach we need to know.

I know they were active with helicopters and ground teams in Clare last week.  One patient had a card left from the task force and was told to cover and screen her outdoor grow.  That is it, no seizure, no charges, just follow the law.  They did stop by a couple of other outdoor grows in the area, they were legal too.  Said nice job and left.  No DEA.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

The Marijuana Law prohibits LARA, the state registry agency, from divulging information. If there has been some kind of breach we need to know.

That is what has me concerned. I thought we were being protected by the state. I'm following this post to see where it leads, but you can see already another member is being 'looked at'....this isn't good at all. I really hope I'm wrong about the DEA being here, but when another says the same, it may be an issue. I've even contacted NORML but haven't gotten a response. No info anywhere, but they're here. 

I know they were active with helicopters and ground teams in Clare last week.  One patient had a card left from the task force and was told to cover and screen her outdoor grow.  That is it, no seizure, no charges, just follow the law.  They did stop by a couple of other outdoor grows in the area, they were legal too.  Said nice job and left.  No DEA.

Dr. Bob

We had a couple of helicopters flying over our cornfield as well. Knew what they were doing so didn't bother me. I'm not doing an outdoor grow. I grow indoors. Not sure if they can just come into my house to check the grow? Will they? It's like Ft. Knox in there, so no key, no entry. Just the way I like it! 

We had a couple of helicopters flying over our cornfield as well. Knew what they were doing so didn't bother me. I'm not doing an outdoor grow. I grow indoors. Not sure if they can just come into my house to check the grow? Will they? It's like Ft. Knox in there, so no key, no entry. Just the way I like it! 

As folks have told you, they don't know your location.  They can see your yard, and they can see heat (generally at night).  If you are following the law, you don't have to worry about it.  They do their thing, you do yours.  Don't lose sleep over it.

Dr. Bob

they would need near 50,000 helicopters to canvasse michigan. no, theres no widespread thing going on, at least that anyone here is aware of.

you may want to think about not being on the other end of all those nice patients calling you up and telling you about the feds.

if they are getting raided, they are having phone records pulled and they are seeing your number over and over again...

wonder what you guys are up to, with all the phone calls to each other hmmmm

As folks have told you, they don't know your location.  They can see your yard, and they can see heat (generally at night).  If you are following the law, you don't have to worry about it.  They do their thing, you do yours.  Don't lose sleep over it.

Dr. Bob

Thanks, Dr. Bob! I guess I'm more settled about it now....thanks for your input!  :blow-a-heart:

The Feds did not just come here, they have been here the whole time, never left. We are right on the border of the US, as it turns out, and the Feds have interests here outside of cannabis.

They can't just come into your house to check your grow, and they do not know about it via the registry. If they come the the door, ask for a warrant, and do not let them in without one.

Thanks for the great advice! I'm sure I would have been too nervous to ask about a warrant...

Point of information, it cost around 5K an hour to run a helicopter.  They fly hundreds of hours looking for grandma's 6 plants in the back yard. That is a lot of money that could be used looking for crack houses and meth labs.  Perhaps we should ask them why they are devoting the money to medical marijuana? They just found 15,000 plants in Covert- why did it take until Aug you ask?  They have been there all summer.  But they were too busy flying over residential areas looking for medical grows to look in the swamps for these major operations.

Dr. Bob

when I first became a cg I asked an old friend of dads to be my first patient. He said he'd look into it. The next week he told me that his "dealer" had told them that the whole program was a sting to catch the people that registered and...here it is folks, "you'd be waay better off just sticking with me" . He liked his dealer, and trusted her too, figured "why would she lie"?. I can think of a few hundred reasons, every time he bought a sack.....

Thanks for the great advice! I'm sure I would have been too nervous to ask about a warrant...

Keep this on hand.

https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/bustcard_eng_20100630.pdf

Learn as much as you can before you have a problem.

https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you

If you bought drugs from a dispensary or sold to a disp that was raided, your on the list, especially CG.

If your buying drugs from a dispensary it will be raided and your info will be exploited.

As Dr. Bob noted legal pts and cg have NO FEAR

Ya, legal patients can buy from a dispensary without fear already.

They fly under "training missions" in NYS in border patrol helicopters which means it's funded training, not looking for pot. When they find a patch(say 6 plants off of a corn field) they then call state police, county sheriff, local police and marshalls and they all flock on the place, park on lawns and create a ruckuss.  Then when the deaf old guy across the street complains that they spoil his afternoon nap by buzzing his house way below the 300ft mark, they reply, we're the marshalls we can do what we want.  Then another neighbor has to step in and send him home before a fight starts(70-80 year old guys who fought in WW2).

I've had them hovering 50ft in the air 100 ft. from my house after such a find and spend 3 days in the area.  They then buzz every house in the area to send a warning since they can't find anyone connected.  It's all intimidation.  I just stand there with my binoculars watching them.   I was thinking of putting mirror globes all over my yard and painting FUX U BORDER PROTECTION: DO YOUR JOB(or something of the sort) on my roof but didn't want to draw attention.  The stories from where I lived about such intimidation are daily talk this time of the year.  Thing is that they don't really find anything that's out there from what I hear.  Always stories of the choppers being around their area for days and made it again this year(I think they just don't want to go into the swamps because of stinging nettle and mosquitos).  Either that or I really don't think they know what they're looking for and mostly find things by accident.  I personally watched them hover over 3 - 8 footers in my backyard for a couple minutes then take off and never come back.  Either they couldn't tell for sure what they were or didn't want to bug a homeowner for that many or who knows.  Never did figure that one out.