Can Someone Please Help Me! I Am Plagued With Nanners

michiganEL

Well...hate to break it to ya, but you're wrong. You seem to want to blame everything on breeding practices. Moonlight is a refleection from the sun. The moon does not "put off or emit light" like a streetlight or car lights do. A strong full moon wont put out more than .1 lux, which by your own admission doesn't have any effects on plant growth or photosynthesis. Not saying a plant wont/cant herm outdoors, but if it did it would be because of genetics not the moon.MGG

...if indeed it was light stress that causes herms right?

here it is folks. there is a memory card of sorts. if the breeder foolishly used light interruption techniques as the stresser to cause male pollen, then future light leaks after that seed sprouts will encourage the plant to show both sexes. hemp in the wild is also a dioecious plant naturally for reproductive sake. I have never feared hermies in my rooms, often snap flash photos at lights off, as well as walk around with a flashlight. My lights on schedule has been fubar'd and 'nary a hermie. I have however seen them form in my room, most every time I use some schmuck unknown seeds that someone pocketed for years. afterall, why would someone have seeds in their medical marijuana in the first place? I assume them to be irresponsible hermie beans, and have been correct so far here.

Blueberry hermies often, but only when you add water I hear. My first 10 seed pack of Tahoe Og from Cali Connect all "hermied". I cloned and hit em with Reverse, then cloned again and have finished hundreds of clones/cultures form that line that will not even hermie with silver thio !

are you asking me to list the 20 or so hermie free strains that I rotate ?

Um,, I get tired of telling people I am right, but I am right.

;-)

I would tell you to look up moon phase illumination  rated over a 28 day lunar cycle at our latitude. 

I don't have time to teach people science class.

Hermies are a natural occurrence  in a species. It's prominence can be determined by selective breeding, such as what was done with the original mexican land race used in developing the skunk strain.  It can bred out and reduced in occurrence. 

Due to closed environment breeding that has DOMINATED the seed market for 30 years and a lack of care for breeding out sensitivity to light, it has caused a whole lot of strains to be overly tempermental to light disturbances.  They are spoiled little brats. :-)

So yea.... check out light cycle and tell me about my lux numbers.

Getting good strains is trial and discovery.  :-)

Starting from seeds is always a crap shoot. I have been sprouting landrace Nepali Rukum seeds for over a year now and have finally found a pheno that I think will be a keeper.

Some were male, some didn't clone well, some just didn't seem to like growing indoors. The ones I have flowering now clone easily and grow like gangbusters.

I still don't know if it's a keeper or not because it takes sooooo long for a pure Sativa to mature. Hopefully it will have good medicinal qualities in addition to it's growth characteristics.

im not going to do seeds so i guess im going to have to trust the craigslist people that what i get is really the genetic lineage they claim it is.  that sucks but its better than my bagseed which i am going to throw away all these seeds and the new ones this generation as they are useless.

i wish buying clones was easier, i remember in ann arbor the stores would sometimes have them and out here in lansing theres nothing.  a few months ago a dispensary said they would sell me clones if i gave them notice but i didnt have my room set up then.

birds love hermie seeds, dispose of them kindly.

I suggest seeking a compassion club, and/or a caregiver currently stocked with what you need, both meds to sample and the cuttings/clones to match. You can sign them for a brief period, and even keep your plant possession. The cg can legally transfer plants and meds to you for as long as he wishes. I get used like this often, and love it, I'm sure others would too in your area...

i dont see signing a caregiver as solving any of my problems, only complicating matters with paperowrk and involving one more person in what i do.  i really just wish the stores here sold plants like the ones ive been to in the past.  what would be the point to sign a caregiver and pay the fee yet i keep plant possession?  that seems completely unnecessary when there are clones being sold to non patients daily.

i dont know if its against the terms of the forum, but if anyone can donate me guaranteed clones of non hermie females, i can donate for your expenses,  i want 6 now and possibly 9 if i kill a few more.  

" I don't have time to teach people science class."

I hate to tell ya but this aint science class. I don't grow in a lab and am not a scientist. I grow top quality herb and have for almost 30 years. I find it hilarious how so many people want to try and take everything they read in a book and equate it to being useful for what we are doing and talking about here. I cant count the number of times I've tried what some of this science has professed in the past only to find it to be complete moo poo.

Are some strains less stable and herm easier than others? Yes. Do having unstable schedules and light leaks increase the chances of herms in those and otherwise stable plants? I believe the answer is yes.

The question about the moon is just funny at this point. You comparing a reflected light, that doesn't even reflect enough light for the plant to pick up and use, to a direct bright light such as a street light or car lights is totally ridiculous IMO.   MGG

Edited by MGG

start with the last 10 years of high times cannabis cup winners, from their original breeders. easy find, widely available, always a pleasure.

The Cannabis Cup is a sham. GHS and Barneys are just a couple of the breeders that I would NEVER grow a darn seed from and they've won many. Getting a HT Cup in A-darn is as easy as forking out a bundle in advertising to HT and buying your way in.

If you're just starting out and don't want to spend a lot, but get some stable, beautiful and potent girls look at Mandala Seeds. I've run many of their strains indoors and out and they are excellent. I know you don't really want seeds but its most likely your best bet IMO. Good luck.

It does reflect enough MGG.

As ya stated there,... some plants hermie more than others, light leaks can turn sensitive plants to hermie etc.

I am just telling you why and influences that have led to this being a more prominent problem than previously.

Please read up about lux, plants, moonlight etc.

I already know these things, so you trying to move around your incorrect assumptions is kinda eye rolling.

It's a shame after 30 years you haven't researched more.

Look Malamute, unlike many people I wasn't weened onto the growing scene by the Internet. When I started doing this there was no internet and not many books to be found on the subject. I was doin this looooong before it was ever legal. Although your "science" BS might cause some newbs ears to perk up and take it as gospel I know better.

I'm so glad you know what you know, and that you believe everything you read on the net and in books. Maybe, after you've been doin this for a while, you'll realize that not everything that's put into books and online is consistent with real life. Hope that's not a big surprise for ya. MGG

The Cannabis Cup is a sham. GHS and Barneys are just a couple of the breeders that I would NEVER grow a darn seed from and they've won many. Getting a HT Cup in A-darn is as easy as forking out a bundle in advertising to HT and buying your way in.

If you're just starting out and don't want to spend a lot, but get some stable, beautiful and potent girls look at Mandala Seeds. I've run many of their strains indoors and out and they are excellent. I know you don't really want seeds but its most likely your best bet IMO. Good luck.

I have not used Mandala seeds. I do look for hearty genetics because it will lead to better tasting but that has zero seeds. 

I would recommend for a beginner to start with clones if they can. It will make the whole first grow process way easier. With seeds you don't always get the phenotype you want. 

Maybe once ya realize I have even kept one special  strain going just because I like it for as long as you have been growing,... maybe you will understand I am looking behind me to see where you are coming from.

;-)

Someday you will wake up and say,.. "Hmm, maybe that Malamutt does know what he is talking about".

:-)

I have not used Mandala seeds. I do look for hearty genetics because it will lead to better tasting but that has zero seeds. 

I would recommend for a beginner to start with clones if they can. It will make the whole first grow process way easier. With seeds you don't always get the phenotype you want. 

Very true. Growing from seed is a crap shoot. So are clones you get from others. So many people with lax grow room practices that lead to all sorts of problems for not only them, but anyone that accepts clones/cuts from them. You can quarantine and treat etc,, but for a newb that could be more risky than the possibility of herms IMO.  

As far as Mandala, great breeder. Grown many of their strains. Very reasonable and just awesome genetics. MGG

Edited by MGG

Maybe once ya realize I have even kept one special  strain going just because I like it for as long as you have been growing,... maybe you will understand I am looking behind me to see where you are coming from.

;-)

Someday you will wake up and say,.. "Hmm, maybe that Malamutt does know what he is talking about".

:-)

So you've kept one strain going for almost 30 years? Just wanted to be sure I understand you lol. MGG

guys, i have a question.  i am in the middle of a grow, two month veg in soil, five gal buckets, and everything was going great.  i have 1200 watts on them, temps at 77 to 81 on the hottest days, everything seemed perfect.

my problem is, i used unknown seeds from good buds, and every single female has sprouted nanners and even full male flowers at the nodes.  they all pollinated each other the middle of week three.  so i have five females with small immature buds that will have seeds.  i already found some immature seed pods.

my question is... how the hell do i secure decent clones that will not throw nanners at lease not this early in flower?  i have absolutely no light leaks and my plants are healthy as hell, so i feel the problem is genetics.

im in lansing, i called nearly all the stores asking and nobody has clones.  i cringe at using craiglist, i have had to use it before and feel like it is so shady, and i want to be certain i am getting proper genetics that wont have hermie traits.

how do i get clones around here?  i cant buy 12 at a time i need to stay in my limits,m i would prefer three or six.

Until you actually have some clones you need to get some seeds from a major source and move forward. It's a long process. Not hard, just time consuming.