Can Someone Please Help Me! I Am Plagued With Nanners

michiganEL

DUDES!!! whats important here is my garden is FUCCCCKKED haha.  i dont care ab robin williams or iraq or gaza or freakin russia and ebola, i want these nanners out.  

what are some indoor strains i should be looking at? i want high yields and i plan on making tons of bho or iso oil.

Whole lotta ways to cause stress

not just light leakage...

Over-nuted. PH jumps, cold water waterings, too much direct air blowing on them....

Strains are important , just as are growing skills 

my environment is perfect, its at 77 degrees average, plants have never been nute burned so i didnt over nute.  the fans are not evenly on all the plants and all plants hermied even the ones away from the direct breeze.   have fours fans in the room plus an AC for 2 600s.  i think my room is fine and the seedy genetically inferior bud is the problem.  what do i know, im a "newb" lol

cannabis cup may be a sham, having little to do with the actual breeders, who knows. Nonetheless Barney's Farm is a stellar breeder, and I sure hope you don't let your prejudice come between you and LSD, a remarkable medicinal specimen by most. Rather than suggest concentrating on just one great breeder like Subcool, GageGreen, Barney's, sampling a cannabis winner from each year remains a solid choice for growers and patients alike. Your rooms sound properly dialed in with good controls, all except your own choices of genetics to grow. I'd listen carefully to those who have grown hundreds of different strains since 2008, for the gems they share, especially after deciding to throw rogue beans into a top room and lose half a years time and electricity.The group here has many years of collective experience to feed on

im going to get clones as a quick fix on friday, but i am now going to place an order on a seed website.  which ones do most people use and is safe/legit? ive been looking at nirvana 30$ for 10 beans.  looks legit.

yah i messed up, wasted electricity, now i need to blast immature buds for some oil and start all over again.  i asked for it though.  im gonna grow them out in the same light as the clones for another few weeks, pollen shouldnt affect them in veg and il spray them down afterward to neutralize.

grassmatch you sound like a smart dude, i bet you got some quality flowers and skills.

My own anecdotal experience refutes much of the push-back against cannabis cup winners. As one example, In 2009 I acquired three 5-packs of feminized Greenhouse Seeds super lemon haze. I had a hard time getting the seeds going - quite probably due to my own laziness. I'm not good at starting seeds because I sometimes go a few days without even peekin in on the grow.

The 13th of 15 seeds I got a solid grower. Still, today, five years later, this strain is still the strongest med any of my patients has had. In addition, I gave some clones to a few others and they still give this strain top priority.

Last year, I was trying out a lot of new strains and let the super lemon haze slide a bit. I generally don't keep mothers and take cuttings from one generation to the next. I ended up trying to keep the strain by taking cuttings two weeks into flower. Those cuttings failed. I ended up re-vegging a plant to save the strain. It took about 8 weeks under 24/0 light before that re-vegged super lemon haze vegged a few branches ready to clone.

The clones took right off, and the strain continues.

This strain has endured just about every grow room stress: temps of 110f, DWC temps over 80f, going on vacation and accidentally leaving the light controller to "always on" resulting in 96+ hours of continuous light, feeding on a RDWC nute solution at a pH around 4.0 (due to lax meter calibration effort) for about three weeks, light leaks through the entire flower cycle, accidentally adding really cold water during the winter, and more.

And after all that, I have yet to see a nanner - let alone an outright hermie

Then there is the blueberry- another strain I have kept for a few years. But she is unstable. It seems I can look at this plant cross-eyed and it throws out nanners. No problem. I only flower a couple at a time and can pinch off the nanners with no further consequence.

In summary, my own experience is that genetics play a far bigger role with seed production than grow room conditions.

Your mileage may vary.

interesting for sure. Super Lemon Haze, three packs in a row, remains my least desired, most prolific though, plant to date. I wanted to love it so bad, for the flavor and arm size colas, but meh. a useless variety of over 700 different strains grown here. In fact right behind that one was AK "48", a total failure over and over again.

On a good note EVERY other seed from every other breeder I received was a winner. Some better than others, at growing, at tasting, at medicating, etc. Attitude Seeds has treated me with respect, discreetly, and swiftly. I've grown seeds from every breeder featured on the site. TGA wins hands down in the flavor dept, with some super trips to the moon too. GageGreen is wicked sexy flowers, emerald triangle, mosca, connoisseur, cali connect, mr nice, reserva prada, come to mind when I consider "the best" imo.

If you buy a pack of Mr. Nice Medicine Man, along with a pack of /s-Hit, you will have arrived cheaply. white widow, white rhino, are always winners. pm me for a bonus experience if you choose attitude.

i am also considering subcools seeds just on the fact ive seen a bunch of his weed nerd episodes.  i went thru the seed websites and narrowed down the usa shippers who take credit card, i think it would be nirvana shop, sea of seeds, sannies shop, and sensible seeds.  i dont know what company or strain to pick yet.  i think im gonna go with reg over fem seeds too just to get these nanner nightmares away and in the past.

interesting for sure. Super Lemon Haze, three packs in a row, remains my least desired, most prolific though, plant to date. I wanted to love it so bad, for the flavor and arm size colas, but meh. a useless variety of over 700 different strains grown here. In fact right behind that one was AK "48", a total failure over and over again.

On a good note EVERY other seed from every other breeder I received was a winner. Some better than others, at growing, at tasting, at medicating, etc. Attitude Seeds has treated me with respect, discreetly, and swiftly. I've grown seeds from every breeder featured on the site. TGA wins hands down in the flavor dept, with some super trips to the moon too. GageGreen is wicked sexy flowers, emerald triangle, mosca, connoisseur, cali connect, mr nice, reserva prada, come to mind when I consider "the best" imo.

If you buy a pack of Mr. Nice Medicine Man, along with a pack of /s-Hit, you will have arrived cheaply. white widow, white rhino, are always winners. pm me for a bonus experience if you choose attitude.

I was pleased with Greenhouse.  My first five seeds sprouted and then just stalled out and died.  I bought them through Attitude but went directly to the breeder with my complaint.  At first, they wouldn't even talk to me, but after some discussion about MMJ in Michigan, they were willing to talk.  The result was two more 5-packs sent to me. 

I also tried the Ak-48 (nirvana?) and found it to be a miserable failure compared to others.

I was pleased with Greenhouse.  My first five seeds sprouted and then just stalled out and died.  I bought them through Attitude but went directly to the breeder with my complaint.  At first, they wouldn't even talk to me, but after some discussion about MMJ in Michigan, they were willing to talk.  The result was two more 5-packs sent to me. 

I also tried the Ak-48 (nirvana?) and found it to be a miserable failure compared to others.

Curious if you were growing DJ shorts Blueberry. I have a few plants in flowering and it is one of the few plants that is demanding nutrients like crazy. Extremely finicky and requires the most attention. It is growing some gorgeous buds. 

Sensitivity rating of plants.

So many strains have been overbred and only grown indoors in absolute darkness that overly sensitive strains have been put out everywhere now.

Selective breeding aye. 

And I am far from wrong ... :-)

Couldn't like this so I figured I'd reply.  It needs a little background from someone breeding mj for over 25 years perspective. I got my first seeds as randoms that came from pollinated plants, all mixed together, cup winners and amsterdam seeds from the mid eighties to early nineties.  I had about 2000 seeds and never knew what I was putting down.  I made some of my first feminized seeds back then from single male flowers on female plants, rarely happened but it did.  These females that were crossed with true males produced a higher rate of types of hermaphroditism.  So we stopped.  A couple years ago I did it again and found some females can be hybridised with hermied thru stress plants and have very hard to hermie fem seeds. My L75W has gone thru 2 feminizing events and I haven't got a male flower on one yet(maybe once). Mal's right though.  They've been bred so long indoors between 70-80f in total darkness that there are a lot of unstable clones and lines.  Unless you leave the tent open accidentally or get power outages, they don't show.  I have 2 Qush and a Pennywise and my QE which I have to watch.  Only my 2 Space Dawg and L75W and Quantum Kush haven't ever thrown a male flower thru multiple outages and screw ups by me leaving the tent open and lights outside the tent on.  

On the other hand the stress of going from a 1-3 minute change in light cycle being bred outside to going to an 18-12 drop all in one night is more of a stressor than bright moonlight to some strains and individual plants.  that is why some strains didin't do well being brought indoors from out.  Most of those were weeded out when breeding moved indoors.  I hardly ever got hermies back then and I had the same lines for 15 years from those seeds with no problems.  I was also growing in my bedroom closets and there were lots of light leaks. Now we are at the point where genetics are getting weak again because of too long of a time breeding for indoors.  I lost all my old genetics and have been acquiring new the last 5 years and have never seen the hermie problems in the past that I do now that I'm buying my seeds.  I grew in parking lots in the city, near street lamps always little plants in the weeds in little as 3 litre pop bottles and never had problems with my old genetics.  I didn't do it for a living and my breeders went thru light leaks and inconsistencies often.  Had I known I would've made more sure I didn't loose my old seed stock.  Don't get me wrong, my L75W is from recent breeding stock but it took a bit to identify they were solidly stable. The lemon skunk from Greenhouse, for a fem seed is very stable to work with.

And watch out for Qush, Quantum kush. Unfortunately they discontinued spacedawg as that was a really good stable line. Querkle, Jilly bean were good.  Watch for chernobyl as it was bred with a nonhernie arcata trainwreck. Plushberry seems good but they discontinued that and ace of spades. 

I've grown a few of TGA/Subs gear over the years. The Querkle and Jillybean were very stable and had loads of flavor but lacked in potency. I smoked the Chernobyl and JTR and they both have decent potency.

As far as genetics these days being more herm prone...I guess that depends on the breeder you're getting your beans from, his selection process and breeding method. MGG

i just want to say we have been doing cuttings from the get go and accept responsibility by checking your clones and working w/ your grower/growers 

after testing hundreds and hundreds of seed....and grading quality of phenos and potency of bud.... many are a fail////////// many may be good....

but a pro will grade and pre grow to know what he has.... of a proven pheno line..yes it takes several grow cycles..

We test everything...you guys who try try to buy on the open market w/o having a mentor ( pro grower ) will always have problems... 

Take your time to find a pro for mentoring ...and most problems will not exsist.... network network network

Even the large commercial flower growers do both seeding and mega cuttings and you don't hear them complaining 

up your game growers...

I would pay a hundred a cutting if the offering party would provide great phenos and potency and yield to save time and up credibility problems 

is........ especially with breeders seed suppliers YOU PAY low dollars and you get what you pay for....... just like any business...

in some cases buying low can be a plus.. but in the seed business it is a NO NO option as most are finding out....anyone can go

buy a seed for a buck and sell for 10$ 15$ or even 20$ except it is not conductive to our operations as it currently is..

networking w/ a pro will avoid most problems. Yes there is a place for seed... but it must be a class operation otherwise they are just screwing us

after we pay operation costs and it is a failure eating a thousand a pop gets expensive very fast as the new caregivers and new growers are finding out IMHO

Peace.....