Hygrozyme

suneday11

Without clear pictures of said "root resins" it might be difficult for anyone to discern the chemical properties of them. I didn't know it was sweet until I tasted it for instance. I could have easily described it as anything, like dripping slime, amber thc, and even frasse left behind for thought. A picture would be a big help probably in identifying one of a myriad of root issues I think.

Maybe a newbie and uninitiated grower would think this.  But there is a vast and obvious difference between the bacterial slime that forms on roots and the resulting sugary substance that takes its place once growing conditions are improved/stabilized.  It would take a very uninformed and unobservant grower to confuse root slime and/or subsequent resulting sugars with resin (trichomes).

Without clear pictures of said "root resins" it might be difficult for anyone to discern the chemical properties of them. I didn't know it was sweet until I tasted it for instance. I could have easily described it as anything, like dripping slime, amber thc, and even frasse left behind for thought. A picture would be a big help probably in identifying one of a myriad of root issues I think.

I described it good enough. You wanted to say it was root rot even though anyone would know the difference unless they weren't a real grower. Then you went on to bash a certain growing technique for icing on the cake. We can read. Now you want to goad me into making a grow journal. Not going to happen. You said you lick the sap off of your infected plants and my root substance would need to go to a lab to see if it's safe. You suck arse. 

No, I didn't dry it and smoke it. lol 

At the end of a harvest I have to empty my 18 gallon, under ground, geothermal, aeroponic reservoirs.  They are normally right full of nice healthy roots. I have heaters and airiators in the reservoirs and they are totally entangled by roots. I have to tear the roots off the equipment. My hands get sticky just like when cleaning buds. The stickiness is not water soluable. I have to use alcohol to get it off my hands just like when trimming. I'm not looking for a use, just reporting an observation from first hand experience. 

Your comment was just an insult, that's obvious. Do you have any real reason, other than insulting me, for your question?

Quit acting likes girls, you two.  I'm interested in this. 

Yes we can agree that chemical properties can't be determined by photos. But observing plants would allow a grower to understand what he sees. In my own experience I've never seen the sugary substance we are discussing unless it was preceded by bacterial slime. I'll guess you know what I'm talking about with regard to the slime. It is pretty obvious when you see roots that look like they were dipped in snot. I'm not aware of any positive root condition that resembles snotty roots and can't help but think that just about any grower with some experience or googling could tell the difference between root snot and resin. Maybe I'm assuming too much?

I've read many many grow journals etc. I've never run across a grower who thought "yay! Snotty roots. Must be a good thing."

Edited by Highlander

.i'm going to let you know,for what ever worth it has,that i've used hygrozyme while growing in hempy buckets(perlite &vermitulite) soil-less. i can't say i saw any major differences between using it and not..but i didn't taste anything or lick any roots..lol.. what can you make out of that?...lol...you all know i love the game right?..peace...bp

enzymatic break down of dead material, and algae too without the addition of bacteria. It will make roots shiny clean and fishbone exaggerated, a good thing in my experience. Not necessary really, but if you have some extra cash, grow in hydro, and like bright white healthy as heck roots, this will do it, but so will Zone, SM90 and a few others. It does not kill anything, but does support the growth of a nasty brown algae resistant to bleach. It prevents the build up of dead material, converting it into brown jello globs/suds at change time, and in the bottom of pots. It will cause pump failures in some systems, clog lines in others, and will not "fix" a dirty reservoir, but will go along way to keep one clean, mostly. Sm90, peroxide, Physan, bleach, will kill life in dirt and hydro.

It's a weird recycled floor cleaner product used in hospitals, does perform as advertised, but is not the way nature does it, with live bacteria naturally occurring. worth at least one try for a grower I think.

Dr. Grassmatch reporting in.  Thanx, guru, u amaze me with your breadth of knowledge.  U are an huge and singular asset on this board.  

Dr. Grassmatch reporting in.  Thanx, guru, u amaze me with your breadth of knowledge.  U are an huge and singular asset on this board.

thank you picbook for the kind words. I actually have little original knowledge, but do maintain strong opinions. Like most other issues, the scales don't tip when either side is filled with "imo"

I have a mini garden supply in my rooms, with shelves fully stocked with much grow store fodder, never to be used again. Nothing teaches like experience, but those too differ.

thank you picbook for the kind words. I actually have little original knowledge, but do maintain strong opinions. Like most other issues, the scales don't tip when either side is filled with "imo"

I have a mini garden supply in my rooms, with shelves fully stocked with much grow store fodder, never to be used again. Nothing teaches like experience, but those too differ.

What do you think of budpuffer's post?  Myself I don't see a likely benefit to hygrozyme except in growing methods like DWC where the roots are submerged 24/7.

Then again, I find a $15 bottle of Pondzyme (probably 1/2 off at your local big box home improvement store this time of year) to be at least as effective as its grow-store counterpart at four+ times the price. 

if I was forced to use an enzyme I'd use pondzyme agreed.

I did grow in bubbles for a year. I did see the funk, then I changed my buckets/res weekly, and it went away. I added a couple drops of dr bronners peppermint hemp soap to each bucket and my flood dran res' for a super win. It makes the water slicker, like a wetting agent(sm90, zone, tween, all work great same way, more cash though).

I'd be prone to change my nutes as often as it takes to avoid gunk, or switch nutes, and cool the water a bit. I hate man made grow stuff, its so fishy sometimes, and we just don't know what the heck these for profit dudes are feeding us. little paranoid I know....