Caregiver But Not Patient.

jasmmc1350

I want to be a caregiver but not a patient.  I need to care for two family members who have run out of conventional medications to treat their health problems.  What form do I fill out?  All the forms I am seeing are for patient use.  I have no need to be a patient myself, what am I missing?

Each of  the family members must submit a change form to LARA designating you as a caregiver, assuming that they have already registered as patients and have received their hard cards.  

If they have not submitted an application to register as a patient, they can designate you as a caregiver at the time they submit each of their applications.

the patient fills out a form to make you their caregiver. you have to send in copies of your drivers license.

the change caregiver form is at http://michigan.gov/mmp

at the bottom of the page, click on "Application Forms and Instructions"

click on "change form"

or if they havent registered yet, click on the patient registration form.

Edited by t-pain

Just to follow up, There is NO forms I have to fill out to get myself approved as a care giver?

There is a part on the application for the patient that says/asks who will have plants, them selves  or there CG you would likely fill that part out or at least assist your patient, it does have "you" specific questions that as there CG you sign and date ( Attestation )..,, i would suggest that you get familiar with the forms, as you may have to add or make a change on an existing patient if you wish to be a CG for them,  you need to understand how to make those patients requesting a change of cg to you as there CG.. ..

If you get a new patient, they may expect you to complete forms for them, as  CG I do that for my patients,, if i dont they forget to renew LOL

After you submit all forms/ or your patients do , they will run a background check on you to see if you can qualify for a cg' for them.. as well as run a background check on the patients as well.. 

Edited by Willy

Legally you dont have to be a patient to be a CG....but I think its a good idea, if only to be able to familiarize yourself with the medicine you will be growing.  Getting it tested (the meds) is a good idea but I think being able to sample your product is an even better one.  Knowing what to look for as far as taste and effect is important!

You have to let the patient decide anyway so I'm not sure sampling your grow helps much. Effects vary greatly from person to person. I'm always waiting to hear what each patient says. I don't depend on what I think at all. I just depend on my eyes to make it look like what has worked in the past and the patients decide what actually works. The only testing that works is when a patient uses it and reports back.

I grow 25 or so strains that I absolutely believe to be the best for me in the industry. when a patient locates me as their potential caregiver I try real hard to find many similarities in our lifestyle, demeanor, maturity, health, marital status, work ethic, etc, before I invite them into my garden registry. This has changed my entire registry since the first year, into a super successful endeavor resulting in a great group of like minded patients who also happen to agree with me and my choices. The most common menu request I receive is "Just pack me whatever you think I will like". I didn't know any of my patients before they emailed me for an interview, but think that thy would have been awesome friends if met another way.

• 4 weeks later...

I grow 25 or so strains that I absolutely believe to be the best for me in the industry. when a patient locates me as their potential caregiver I try real hard to find many similarities in our lifestyle, demeanor, maturity, health, marital status, work ethic, etc, before I invite them into my garden registry. This has changed my entire registry since the first year, into a super successful endeavor resulting in a great group of like minded patients who also happen to agree with me and my choices. The most common menu request I receive is "Just pack me whatever you think I will like". I didn't know any of my patients before they emailed me for an interview, but think that thy would have been awesome friends if met another way.

how do u get an interview with a patient

I wait for a patient to send me a private message in a forum, or an email, or to answer  a post I made concerning my service.  If you pull up a chair in the forum patients will get to know you. If they like what they find and know from your posts that you offer this service they will drop you a line.

There are "caregiver websites" to google and post ads in also. Some better than others, be careful and private. Be honest about your expectations and abilities to satisfy your patient's needs.  "Build it and they will come" comes to mind.

peace

I wait for a patient to send me a private message in a forum, or an email, or to answer a post I made concerning my service. If you pull up a chair in the forum patients will get to know you. If they like what they find and know from your posts that you offer this service they will drop you a line.

There are "caregiver websites" to google and post ads in also. Some better than others, be careful and private. Be honest about your expectations and abilities to satisfy your patient's needs. "Build it and they will come" comes to mind.

peace

how do i post wat i can provide ? And the u for the help brotha keep it green and PS this forum is so welcomeing