Don't Have My Card Yet. Will Any Dispensary Take Me?

Hey all.

Like the title says, I don't have my card yet. I have been certified and have sent all my info to the state. Now I am waiting for the card. From what I've seen on some forums, that card may take up to six months.  Surely it is some form of cruel and unusual punishment to have someone wait that long until they can go into a dispensary and get their meds. 

So my question is, do dispensaries allow you to go in with just your paperwork? Or are there some dispensaries that are more friendly than others when it comes to patients without a card?

By the way, I'm in Washtenaw County. 

Thanks

the law states after 20 days your paper is as good as the card,, we kinow that isn't always accepted by the cops... second thing is , disps. are illegal at the moment so if there open there doing so against michigan and the supreme court ruling.. there getting busted all over the state..

However some will accept paperwork, and some wont.. you just have to go and ask them.. or call first if there is a number to call.. 

I reccomend you get a cg for meds in the mean time, and grow your own if at all possible..

Some cards are coming in 30 days.. there doing a much better job of getting them out.. sorta kinda...

Edited by Willy

I have no idea where a despense is lol  I thought they were ilegal? hmmmmm if there legal why are we waiting on a bill to pass to make them legal?

so if they are ilegal I dont see why they wouldnt accept your paper work with all you were suppose to keep!

Best of luck, let me know how that depsense stuff is, I dont think I have any near me, are there any within a reasonable driving distance from iosco county? I would check out some clones and  I would love to do some window shopping!

Best of luck!

Peace

Phaq,the dispensaries are the best way to try something new. Yes,they cost more. The one I go to will replace or refund if you are not satisfied. They have always been friendly and I will continue to go there for the things my CG doesn't have. And they do not sell garbage,the meds are clean. Call ahead and they will have your order ready for you. In and out in 5 minutes. For people like me that are looking for relief,it is a good option.

There has been a few instances where Leo will use fraudulent forms and a bunk cashed check to get an illegal sale, just putting that out there..

Dont forget the straight up cards they made, and or the cop that gets a card from a card mill , then arrests anyone willing to sell to them... be warned there also....

Phaq,the dispensaries are the best way to try something new. Yes,they cost more. The one I go to will replace or refund if you are not satisfied. They have always been friendly and I will continue to go there for the things my CG doesn't have. And they do not sell garbage,the meds are clean. Call ahead and they will have your order ready for you. In and out in 5 minutes. For people like me that are looking for relief,it is a good option.

They will refund or replace now thats a good thing

you can take it home and try it out and if you don't like it you just take it back ?

jointed  I didnt say anything bad about them, I truly dont have a clue where one is!  There used to be alot around up here before the ruling that closed all of them down up here, I said I would check one out if there was one close enough to me, I have no need to drive to flint for mm, even if I didnt have a c.g and wasnt a c.g I still wouldnt have to do that, Ive been in the game longer than alot of people who just started doing mm instead of pain meds!  I have life long connections, I would have abslolutly no prob with depseneses, I dont have a prob with them now, the only thing is I wouldnt try to off my overages which I dont have lol to one until it was legal, Ive been waiting most of my life for it to be legal, I guess Im lucky to be disabled so I can use mm legaly?

to be honest I would rather have my health and be under ground than disabled and above ground!

Peace

p.s plus I need clones and have had no luck with my contacts, I wont bring a clone home with bugs! so I would be checking out despenses now myself!

Thanks for the response.. 

And I guess we are lucky here in Washtenaw County; we have dispensaries all over the place. A new one just opened right down the road from me. 

I'll check around and get back to you all about if any let me buy meds with just paperwork.

I like the idea of dispensaries. Unfortunately, like hamburger, the product can originate from anywhere. I keep in mind that the growers are definitely breaking laws when selling to a dispensary.  If a grower is willing to toss his scruples and break laws, what else is he willing to do while supporting his bottom line? In 2007 I would have smoked a sack found in a  white castle parking lot(hehe), but today, after seeing grow habits of profiteers I'd pass, most likely on any product I didn't grow myself, or grown by one person whom I have a relationship with.

I'm happy the state offers the opportunity to register a caregiver/grower immediately after your physician appointment

caregiver to patient, for best results.

Not my current patients.  They were better off and did go to dispensaries before me.  Not all caregivers are caregivers, some are just growers.  you gotta figure caregivers are the ones supplying the dispensaries.  Patients are getting those meds and overages are going to the dispensaries so....

Not my current patients.  They were better off and did go to dispensaries before me.  Not all caregivers are caregivers, some are just growers.  you gotta figure caregivers are the ones supplying the dispensaries.  Patients are getting those meds and overages are going to the dispensaries so....

do you mean to say that before you your patients were happier with dispensaries than with their previous registered caregiver(s)?

since dispensaries are illegal in the first place, for selling to more than 5 patients/per cg, why would it matter where they procured their mj ? I'd say profit dictates the score, and buds often come from the cheapest source regardless of (sources')registration status.

Yes.

Because you said that caregiver/pt was the best results.  Since caregivers supply dispensaries, it would be the same thing.  And cg/patient is not always the best result.

You are ASSUMING that caregivers are supplying dispensaries. I think you might be using the term CAREGIVER a little loosely. Doesn't the illeagl act of supplying a dispensary make them not a caregiver? They don't really even know the patient so how could they be a caregiver? I assume a dispensary owner snags what ever he can where ever he can and sells it for a profit.

What you really said was that 'sometimes a dealer can be better than a caregiver'.

Thinking along those lines: Making dispensaries legal is making dealing legal... is actually quasi legalization. Like legalization with a 'dam' in it. The dam is for money making(regulation). A card is a license to carry/use after you buy it at your dealer/dispensary. The card is so that you don't hurt yourself with marijuana, get yourself checked out at the doc. Just think if alcohol consumers had to get their use ok'ed by a doctor. Might be a good thing for some. Many wouldn't get to drink legally anymore. Food for thought.

You are ASSUMING that caregivers are supplying dispensaries. I think you might be using the term CAREGIVER a little loosely. Doesn't the illeagl act of supplying a dispensary make them not a caregiver? They don't really even know the patient so how could they be a caregiver? I assume a dispensary owner snags what ever he can where ever he can and sells it for a profit.

What you really said was that 'sometimes a dealer can be better than a caregiver'.

No, I'm not.  There is one dispense around me that is a conglomerate of caregivers from what I can gather.  Every dispense that I've gone to to drop off samples for testing has inquired about overages.  And I don't see a storefront with the blessing of the town/city, that tests it's product the same as a "dealer". And as far as I know they still have a caregiver card from the state and are going by city rules even if they are selling to non-patients.  I see things a little different Resto. Sorry if you don't agree, I'm sure you'll get over it.  See i was a patient who knew no one when I moved here and the dispensaries make it easy for me to get samples tested and helped me the first few months I was a patient and I even got discontinued seeds I could get nowhere else but one.  I appreciate the help I got, in a state where I know no one, from the dispensaries.

I like the idea of dispensaries. Unfortunately, like hamburger, the product can originate from anywhere. I keep in mind that the growers are definitely breaking laws when selling to a dispensary.  If a grower is willing to toss his scruples and break laws, what else is he willing to do while supporting his bottom line? In 2007 I would have smoked a sack found in a  white castle parking lot(hehe), but today, after seeing grow habits of profiteers I'd pass, most likely on any product I didn't grow myself, or grown by one person whom I have a relationship with.

I'm happy the state offers the opportunity to register a caregiver/grower immediately after your physician appointment

caregiver to patient, for best results.

Those pesky law breakers. I too wish that no one in the program was ever a user or grower before 2009 and thus a dirty little law breaker.

All you Johny come lately, went to cannabis college, never would have smoked before mmj law types crack me up. ;-)

There's no way you are going to know where your dealer/dispensary is getting their supply. You might think you know. They might lead you to believe something. If a deal falls in their lap they will buy it. There's no rules for a dispensary. If they happen to buy from caregivers it's because that's all they have found they can sell for a profit.

Those pesky law breakers. I too wish that no one in the program was ever a user or grower before 2009 and thus a dirty little law breaker.

All you Johny come lately, went to cannabis college, never would have smoked before mmj law types crack me up. ;-)

Like when the law was passed everything changed about cannabis. It's like a new plant! Cleaner, more medical. Born again cannabis!

Every dispense that I've gone to to drop off samples for testing has inquired about overages. And I don't see a storefront with the blessing of the town/city, that tests it's product the same as a "dealer".

I doubt they even tested it. Just said they did after they talked with you for a while to see what you expected the test to say.

you've misunderstood me. point being= a caregiver answering to only five patients is much less likely to use nasty

products or questionable techniques to bring a crop to finish. The bottom line is not the reason a caregiver is growing within the law I assure you. However a cropper selling to the dispensary has little more than money on the mind possibly. Of course I've used cannabis long before 2008. I was suggesting that when it was illegal I would not have cared much where my supply came from, but now, with better understanding and education, this caregiver fears the corporate selling of marijuana scheme that patients support today. for a few reasons actually, nothing to do with laws, morals, or the devil mind you.

Every dispense that I've gone to to drop off samples for testing has inquired about overages. And I don't see a storefront with the blessing of the town/city, that tests it's product the same as a "dealer".

I doubt they even tested it. Just said they did after they talked with you for a while to see what you expected the test to say.

I'm sure Iron labs and them have a good scam going.  The dispensary just tells Iron labs to make up the report?

Resto, I never said they couldn't buy from anywhere else or that I knew exactly where the stuff I bought was coming from, or that it was clean, etc. But then again I wouldn't know for sure from a caregiver either.  I'm pretty sure these dispenses don't offer to buy from people then backout if the person accepts the price either.  It's not all only one or the other.