Don't Have My Card Yet. Will Any Dispensary Take Me?

you've misunderstood me. point being= a caregiver answering to only five patients is much less likely to use nasty

products or questionable techniques to bring a crop to finish. The bottom line is not the reason a caregiver is growing within the law I assure you. However a cropper selling to the dispensary has little more than money on the mind possibly. Of course I've used cannabis long before 2008. I was suggesting that when it was illegal I would not have cared much where my supply came from, but now, with better understanding and education, this caregiver fears the corporate selling of marijuana scheme that patients support today. for a few reasons actually, nothing to do with laws, morals, or the devil mind you.

For you maybe.  For a new grower trying to make ends meet, maybe not so much.  The amount you grow is coincidental to the amount of harmful chemicals you use, not a cause.  This patient thinks that patients should not be beholden to a single caregiver, considering there are less caregivers than would match with patients, meaning a caregiver would have a full ticket regardless of the quality of caregiver they are.

Edited by Norby

a caregiver with this weeks perpetual harvest of three or four plants, suddenly infested with mites for instance, is much less likely to use some garden store spray to "save the crop$", than a cropper with a room full of infested plants I think. The sprayer will likely save a larger amount of cannabis than the non sprayer. The amount harvested is more significant than the amount grown. The cropper will have a room full of plants to be harvested at once and sold asap, while the cg may have only a few plants per month/week ready to harvest. The cropper "sprayer" will harvest more cannabis at once, because he sprayed to save his crop. no coincidence there.

how many cg's are there today compared to patients?

you can think all you want it still doesn't predict what one or the other will do.  When someone doesn't have much they may bend more than someone who does. We can do this all day.

last i  checked less than 20% of the # of patients.  The # of dispensaries alone show that it is the main choice of some patients.  Why not let them decide where they want to get their meds? They obviously don't think that the caregiver models is the best or all those stores wouldn't be open.

you can think all you want it still doesn't predict what one or the other will do.  When someone doesn't have much they may bend more than someone who does. We can do this all day.

last i  checked less than 20% of the # of patients.  The # of dispensaries alone show that it is the main choice of some patients.  Why not let them decide where they want to get their meds? They obviously don't think that the caregiver models is the best or all those stores wouldn't be open.

Of course there will be patients that don't fit into any heavenly scenario like what grassmatch describes. There are some I wouldn't want to deal with that's for sure. They should have a pot store for those types. Seriously, I never wondered why some folks have to go there.

The only way a pt can try something new is to get your CG to grow it,or just make a short stop into the disp,buy a couple of grams of one or two you may be interested in and try it. What's wrong with that? If I get something new there,I will share it with my CG,then we decide together. He does not smoke because of bad lungs.For him,medibles work best.His pts are the ones that tell him what that strain is like and if it helped them. I can't see anything wrong with that.When a pt is looking for a CG,they bring a lot of different things to help the pt decide what is best for them. Isn't that just a mobile dispensary? Now that would be a great business.......jingle,jingle,like the ice cream man. You have to remember that this is for MEDICAL MJ and many people need delivery because they cannot go out. :thumbsu:

dispensaries exist to cater to those with smaller needs, and no never mind of double profits. ounce at a time buyers are rare at these centers.

The main reasons I support dispensary ideals are immediate access for needy patients and a no hassle experience for those needing smaller amounts of cannabis to suit their needs. My past and current patients could not afford to get their needs met at any dispensary they visited. There are some users who will not fit into the cg picture well I agree, and they need access also. I'm no dispensary hater, in fact, if they were legal and it was legal for me to supply them my patients would likely no longer need to financially support out garden....a win win me thinks

Grass,maybe if you discreetly tell other pts you have these things available,they will ask you about it. If you are also a pt,then there is no problem. Many people want medibles. I personally would like to try your awesome products.But I don't want you as a CG. For a smart guy like you it shouldn't be hard to figure out a way. If you knew how many seniors ask me for candies....well,there you go. Jest sayin...........they want it but don't know how to go about becoming a legal pt. Helping people like this could really work for an enterprising person. They can't go to farmers markets and try things. They always want candies. No offence meant by the CG remark, I was speaking in general.

I'm not looking for ways to skirt the law/Act. Extracts and medibles are the backbone of medicinal marijuana, but I'm no outlaw. when its legal, I'll rise to the occasion. If it was a choice I would rather supply extracts than cannabis, but won't risk family and self to do it. Sick that the sickest of all of us are forced to support an illegal enterprise to get proper meds

These are just ideas that I can see coming as MJ becomes even more accepted by senior citizens and the general public. Not an invitation to break the law.I would never do that or advise anybody to.I was very surprised to find that oldsters,meaning older than me,are pretty open-minded on this subject. I figured they would be completely against it. The only problem is that seems like the older you get,the more you want to say "screw you" to authority,lol. Just like when you were young and dumb.......go figure. This is what I learned riding the senior bus,those old folks were rowdy.  ( And you already know I am older than GODS PT.)

A good caregiver never gets pests. Why? Well they should have a strict procedure. I have a set of clothes for my grow. Never let my dogs/anyone who came directly from any type of garden in.

Before you even think about growing. The room should be properly bleached and cleaned. I have multiple layers of black/white poly rolls, essentially making a room within a room. Air intake is filtered that is HEPA certified.Spray all of my plants twice a month with a solution of neem/water. 

Edited by Westmichigancaregiver

A good caregiver never gets pests. Why? Well they should have a strict procedure. I have a set of clothes for my grow. Never let my dogs/anyone who came directly from any type of garden in.

Before you even think about growing. The room should be properly bleached and cleaned. I have multiple layers of black/white poly rolls, essentially making a room within a room. Air intake is filtered that is HEPA certified.Spray all of my plants twice a month with a solution of neem/water.

A good caregiver would only be using products approved for use on medicinal cannabis I think. Last I checked, none were approved in MI gardens. An organic gardener will have pests. It is the management of those pests that is essential to success, not the avoidance or eradication. There are dozens of beastie animals that must be present in an organic substrate, and in fact supported, that some would violently kill on sight to avoid the pests.

When did I say to use products that are not approved for medical cannabis? neem oil is safe and actually beneficial for plants if done properly. The plants never touch the poly tarp and have about 1 ft of distance.  

My dream is to make a big greenhouse where I can control everything like a freak, but also have the natural light. I like organic grows, just that doing full organic indoor is tedious work and full time job plus + kids. Already hitting time constraints. I would rather do that outdoors and let nature take its course. Can't do that due to the increased potential of dealing with law enforcement.

"Spray all of my plants twice a month with a solution of neem/water. "

not picking on ya, neem is cool by my standards too, but it will kill beneficial insects, worms, fish etc. Neem is NOT approved for use on cannabis, nor is any other pesticide. But I wont tell anyone if you don't. its so commonly used and compared to many other grow store sprays and would be my go to for an issue also.

I do not spray on the flowering but only during vegetating. I also use a extremely light solution. Also where are you getting neem is not approved for cannabis? Its a schedule 1 plant nothing is approved for it. Not even soil. 

http://agr.wa.gov/FP/Pubs/docs/398-WSDACriteriaForPesticideUseOnMarijuana.pdf  Washington State regarding pesticides. 

"Spray all of my plants twice a month with a solution of neem/water. "

not picking on ya, neem is cool by my standards too, but it will kill beneficial insects, worms, fish etc. Neem is NOT approved for use on cannabis, nor is any other pesticide. But I wont tell anyone if you don't. its so commonly used and compared to many other grow store sprays and would be my go to for an issue also.

I'd be curious to know what you mean by "not approved for cannabis" and where the line is drawn as far as what products fall into this category.  For example, my pest control solution for several years now has just been plain water.  I grow in DWC with bare roots...picture taking the 2-inch net pot with a clone out of an Ez-Cloner style system and dropping it into a 2-inch hole in a bucket lid.  This allows me, as a preventative, to fill a barrel with water and then invert the plant so that everything except the roots is dunked under water - and soaked for as long as a few hours.  This seems to kill everything if it is even there in the first place.  In effect, the water is a pesticide not approved for cannabis.  I'm not being facetious but for sake of discussion I am more curious what your take is on this. 

that's good. I used it in my reservoirs when I used hydroponics. I wouldn't hesitate to use it if a problem showed up in my organic either, but my worms and fish hate it so mostly I avoid it. I notice weak soil/plants attract the buggers, so I pay close attention to my dirt, and the plants always know just what to do with it.

whats your favorite strains grown so far?

you should consult the EPA on the water matter. We may be guilty of a serious offense and not even know it. :yahoo-wave:

:horse:  My take doesn't matter much, except to me of course. But being as the said cannabis is intended for human consumption certain regulations will apply. A couple other states are exploring these issues, and there exists a list of "eventually approvable" items for use, interestingly excluding neem I believe(?)

My take= I conclude that most any cooking oil mixed with soap, or some peppermint oil, or coriander oil, sesame, thyme, etc will at most make your muscles bigger and your buds flavorful if used in, on, or around cannabis at any stage of flowering, but what do I know right. I cant use oils now, but would not hesitate if needed. Note that some people will not accept medical cannabis if any other than water is used, so you are ahead of the game good sir!  

• 2 weeks later...

that's good. I used it in my reservoirs when I used hydroponics. I wouldn't hesitate to use it if a problem showed up in my organic either, but my worms and fish hate it so mostly I avoid it. I notice weak soil/plants attract the buggers, so I pay close attention to my dirt, and the plants always know just what to do with it.

01101262476494104_big.jpg

Northern Lights x Skunk #1,

Edited by bobandtorey

My all time favorite has to be super lemon haze from greenhouse. I ordered the seeds in 09. I blew through the first five- pack. All the seeds germinated and then just stopped. I had a few other strains I started at the same time and they all took off. I called attitude and complained. They referred me to greenhouse. Greenhouse wouldn't talk to me at first but I persisted. Eventually they said they would tell attitude to send me another five pack. There must have been a miscommunication because both attitude and greenhouse sent replacements. I was on number 13 before I got a viable plant.

It cloned quickly. I was glad I staged them in flower because my first five plants yielded a total of just over 25 oz. This plant was more resistant to pests, mold, heat, cold, pH swings, and just about every other grow issue. Harvest is easy as there were few leaves. I've since grown smaller plants but still get an easy 2 oz. per plant. It has been the favorite of at least half of my current and past patients. Five years on I've yet to see a nanner or hermie flower.

Caramelicious was a good strain too but had little smell and so it was unpopular. It was an easy grower too and had huge yields with big buds. My biggest plant gave nine oz. but it had a 1,000 watt HPS all to itself for the last four weeks of flower.

Other notable strains were super silver cheese (strong arms, strong med, 7 week flower), blueberry (great taste but likes to throw nanners), papaya (great potency but a finicky grower and light feeder so in my garden, it would get over fed and burn irregularly and dirty)

so interesting. With the hype I couldn't resist the SLH either. I cracked 20 beans total over one year and everyone of them grew huge, smelled decent, yielded above expectations, and was disappointing to myself and the patients that keep me. I've sampled it at two dispensaries with the same results. I like the taste, but not sure what was lacking for our chemotype with this one. AK48 was similar, but EVERY strain I've grown since has proven to be of medical value and liked by all of us here.

There is in fairness  the likelihood of these two strains just not liking my garden habits, which don't bend for any finicky sticks. I suspect this to be true, with so many lovers of the SLH, but the other 700+ strains over the years thought my dirt was tops!