Jeb Bush Joins Opposition To Mmj Ballot In Florida

washtenaut

http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-joins-opposition-medical-marijuana-ballot-florida-220020108.html

From the article

"Florida leaders and citizens have worked for years to make the Sunshine State a world-class location to start or run a business, a family-friendly destination for tourism and a desirable place to raise a family or retire," Bush said.

"Allowing large-scale, marijuana operations to take root across Florida, under the guise of using it for medicinal purposes, runs counter to all of these efforts," he added.

"I strongly urge Floridians to vote against Amendment 2 this November," he said.

"Allowing large-scale, marijuana operations to take root across Florida, under the guise of using it for medicinal purposes, runs counter to all of these efforts," he added.

Sounds like Schuette. Blow everything out of proportion to make a point. There are medical marijuana models that provide for patients and don't allow large-scale 'operations'. But I don't think Jeb is into doing something that doesn't have anything in it for him. Puts him in a catch 22 situation: No money in it for his buddies if he keeps it family friendly.

How Paul Ryan Took Three Different Positions On Medical Marijuana In One Weekend

GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan does not have a history of supporting medical marijuana, or even of tolerating state laws which embrace permitting access to medical cannabis. Ryan voted in 1999 to block medical marijuana in DC (which is now legal). And, in 2006, he voted against a bill that would prevent the Justice Department and DEA from going after medical marijuana users who complied with state laws.

Yet when the GOP candidate traveled to Colorado on Friday, an important swing state where medical cannabis is already legal and a ballot initiative legalizing marijuana outright appears likely to pass, he suddenly embraced an entirely new position. In an interview with Colorado Springs television station KRDO, Ryan claimed that medical marijuana should be wholly legal in states that permit it:

I asked Congressman Ryan: “In Colorado we have medical marijuana. Under a Romney Ryan ticket, what happens?”

Ryan: “It’s up to Coloradans to decide.”

I said: “So even if federal law says marijuana is illegal, you’re saying?”

Ryan: “My personal positions on this issue have been let the states decide what to do with these things. This is something that is not a high priority of ours as to whether or not we go down the road on this issue. What I’ve always believed is the states should decide. I personally don’t agree with it, but this is something Coloradans have to decide for themselves.”

Nearly three quarters of Americans agree with this position, but none of them are Ryan’s running mate. Mitt Romney promised to fight marijuana legalization “tooth and nail,” and he lost his cool with a Colorado reporter who asked him about the medical cannabis issue last May. So Ryan was forced to backtrack on Saturday, when a Ryan spokesperson claimed that Ryan “agrees with Mitt Romney that marijuana should never be legalized.”

In other words, Ryan woke up on Friday as a congressman with a firmly anti-marijuana voting record. He abandoned that view during a trip to a swing state where the marijuana issue is hot, and then backtracked the very next day. And he did this all in the very same weekend when he proclaimed that he did not vote for the defense cuts he recently voted for.

Apparently, Ryan’s factually challenged convention speech wasn’t an anomaly, it’s an entire campaign strategy.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/09/10/817421/how-paul-ryan-took-three-different-positions-on-medical-marijuana-in-one-weekend/

Well hell yeah Reso. Ryan and a whole bunch of politicians don't know whether to schit or go blind. Critical mass has been reached with the electorate, and they have to respond, but the too long tradition of abuse and the legacy of all the fools who followed Nixon in the drug war, finding a huge cash cow and playground for dumbazz gun toting, tank driving, RPG shooting muthrfuckers makes it a hard habit to give up. I guess we can call it an addiction with far greater harm than cannabis.

Edited by GregS

Some one has to get our debt under control!  period, I honestly dont care if its dems or repubs we need to take care of our own, I dont like them talking about cutting any kinda aid to the old, disabled and poor, we have so many people who need our governments help, we need to keep our nose out of others biz, we need to quit lending money we dont have, more of the money needs to stay home and get our debts paid, modern nations should be able to build or buy munitions not given to them to fight a religious war/wars!

what ever happened to keeping religion out of government hands? why would we lend any one cash we dont have and make our debt bigger to what we owe china, im kinda thinking china is the worlds super power, I truly beleive they know more about us than we know about them, didnt they get one of our spy planes and hold it hostage untill they could learn all they could about that planes workings?

I say tinkle on all the other countrys untill we get our debt in order and take care of our own people first!

Peace

Ending prohibition will save the country A TON Phaq. Public health supervision works to defray costs, even given that treatment is instead given rather than law enforcement and inrcareration. In Europe, for instance, people are registered with national health service providers for treatment of their substance abuse issues, up to and including housing and supplies of those substances to addicts under a physician's supervision. It is a far better bargain than what we have here.

Edited by GregS

Here are some of Jeb's allies in the cause.

http://www.hemp.org/...-lead-date-rape

An anti-marijuana group in Florida is making new claims that legalizing cannabis for medicinal purposes could lead to date rape.

The group "No On 2" recently posted an ad on Facebook asking, "Will the face of date rape look like a cookie?" In the ad, a man and a woman are portrayed hugging, with an arrow pointing to a Photoshopped cannabis cookie in the man's back pocket

Some one has to get our debt under control!  period, I honestly dont care if its dems or repubs we need to take care of our own, I dont like them talking about cutting any kinda aid to the old, disabled and poor, we have so many people who need our governments help, we need to keep our nose out of others biz, we need to quit lending money we dont have, more of the money needs to stay home and get our debts paid, modern nations should be able to build or buy munitions not given to them to fight a religious war/wars!

what ever happened to keeping religion out of government hands? why would we lend any one cash we dont have and make our debt bigger to what we owe china, im kinda thinking china is the worlds super power, I truly beleive they know more about us than we know about them, didnt they get one of our spy planes and hold it hostage untill they could learn all they could about that planes workings?

I say tinkle on all the other countrys untill we get our debt in order and take care of our own people first!

Peace

Actually a number years ago a Russian fighter pilot defected and flew his plane into japan. The the plane was taken apart in a search for contraband. Then reassembled and given back tot he Ruskies. 

Here are some of Jeb's allies in the cause.

http://www.hemp.org/...-lead-date-rape

An anti-marijuana group in Florida is making new claims that legalizing cannabis for medicinal purposes could lead to date rape.

The group "No On 2" recently posted an ad on Facebook asking, "Will the face of date rape look like a cookie?" In the ad, a man and a woman are portrayed hugging, with an arrow pointing to a Photoshopped cannabis cookie in the man's back pocket

For the life of me, I can't imagine a marijuana cookie being used as a date rape drug. How did they come up with this malarkey?

I think they are desperate and have decided to blame everything on marijuana and hope some of it sticks. Once again, the ignorant voter may decide this issue.

If I can bring my old man around and actualy get him to rub mm lotion on him and my mother others will change their minds also, my pops says he didnt know anything about mj growing up and than he became a cop in 1960 to 1985, when I got caught with it he would get so pissed when he was a cop,  he would tell me when I was younger dont bring that bunny muffin in my house, so I would leave it in my car, never failed if he had to move my car to get out, he always would open my ash tray and find joints or roaches and throw a fit, I would tell him to quit looking your gonna find it, one time i was 16 I bought my own car a 69 fire bird he had to move it to get out of the drive way, he found my stash, I seen him do it, so I went out side, I had a broken ankle with a cast from my toes to my arse on, he started chasing me around the front yard me on crutches and him in a police uniform rotglmfao, it was funny as all hell!  he told me to give him my keys im grounded bawahahahahaha!  I paid for that car, I insured that car and it was in my name, I told him so! actualy I told him to phaq off lol!

fast forward to today and I have him over my house helping me run the electric to my grow room, he asking questions about it and he has no prob with me doing what I do,,,,he seen me get taken off of my narcotics cold turkey and wind up in I.C.U  so when he seen that he became more tolerant and with me in his ear enough with facts I actualy got him to try some p.b oil on his diabetic soars on his leg, my moms arthritic knee's, I know my mom would do some medibles, but I dont think I would give my dad any unless his heart dr. said it was ok!

bottom line is our day is coming people a little younger than my parents grew up with mj and they tried it in skewl or other places and know it isnt as dangerious as they were told, of course smoking anythiing is not the best thing for you but we have alternatives to smoking that does the job!

Peace