100% Indica?

leafly says.....

White Rhino is a hybrid of White Widow and an unknown North American indica strain, creating a bushy and stout plant. The buds give off a strong and heady high. The plant's parentage hails from Afghanistan, Brazil, and India. White Rhino is one of the best types of marijuana for medicinal use since it has such a high THC claims to be  a hybrid, so both sat/indca....

White Rhino

It would likely be very difficult to know which, if any, are truly 100% anything. Basically you will be looking for true landrace varieties, which generally speaking isn't offered in seed form, or at least isn't widely purchased & run. Most of the sorts seeking a true landrace is interested in doing some breeding on their own, which means they are looking to cross it.

Almost all of the named varieties, esp mainstream & dutch based, is a cross that was done a while ago. It might be very dominant one way or the other, but has some mix in there from some point in it's past. It's kind of human genetics & crossing... we are all homo sapiens, a certain variety if you will, but practically all of us has some (1-5% lets say) neanderthal genes in us, from some cross breeding that happened a very, very long time ago. If you wanted a true landrace homo sapien, you'd have to look real hard in tribal Africa. So much for the master race & all, lol. But same is true w weed... anything claiming 100% anything likely isn't.

But you should be looking for dominant effect, as you personally respond. Perhaps something that ends up being 60/40 really floats your boat. Never know til you try & try again. Hope that helps a bit.

You are correct....

Northern Lights stands among the most famous strains of all time, a pure indica cherished for its resinous buds, fast flowering, and resilience during growth. Itself a descendant of indigenous Afghani landrace strains, Northern Lights has given rise to famous hybrids like Sour DieselShiva Skunk, and Super Silver Haze. Rumor has it that Northern Lights first sprouted near Seattle, Washington, but was propagated out of Holland after 1985 at what is now Sensi Seeds.

Pungently sweetspicy aromas radiate from the crystal-coated buds, which sometimes reveal themselves in hues of purple. Northern Lights’ psychoactive effects settle in firmly throughout the body, relaxing muscles and pacifying the mind in dreamy euphoria. Comfortable laziness allows patients to relieve pain andsleeplessness, while its mellow contentment roots out depression and stress. Several different Northern Lights phenotypes circulate the market, but Sensi Seeds recommends a general indoor flowering time of 45 to 50 days.

What about the THC levels in a mostly indica,would the higher the THC mean more pain relief or does it not matter? I have to go to Relief Choices,they have indicas,the highest is 90%,but I notice the THC level vary quite a bit. Couchlock is a must,I need relief with no puking. Facemelt is the highest in THC. Please educate me so I don't waste my MMJ budget.  20 bucks a gram ain't real cheap

http://marijuana.cc/2013/06/25/top-5-indica-strains-in-2013/   Top 5 Indica Strains in 2013

By Allen Tellis | on June 25, 2013 | 22 Comments
Indica-Medical-Marijuana-642x336.png

Cannabis indica plants are short and have fat deep green leaves. Indicas originate from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, traditionally cultivated for the production of hash. Producing a more mellow effect, the high from an indica is often referred to as a “body buzz”, with stronger varieties numbing your body and putting you to sleep. Indica strains are great for relaxation and stress relief. Indica has a higher level of CBD (Cannabidiol), compared to THC, opposite the ratio found in sativas. Here are top 5 Indica strains:

G13-Medical-Marijuana.png
G13. The subject of many urban legends, G13 gives a high like no other. This extremely potent strain has a perplexing history, yet we do know for sure what it is currently capable of. It has a crisp pine smell intertwined with a chemical and citrus apple scent. This strain is often used in relieving symptoms of stress, pain, and even depression, providing an uplifting and joyful mindset.

master-kush-marijuana.png
Master Kush. First known as High Rise, Master Kush was developed in one of the tall buildings in South Amsterdam. With a sweet and citrus scent and a mild taste, this strain is a hybrid of Hindu Kush and Skunk. Its top medical use is for stress and it gives a euphoric high.

purple-urkel-medical-marijuana.png
Purple Urkel. With a complex flavor blend of skunk, berries, and grapes, Purple Urkel is a heavy indica that is usually too strong for some people. This long lasting strain is especially recommended for use in the night time, being a top cure for insomnia.

northern-lights-medicinal-marijuana.png
Northern Lights. One of the most famous strains of all time, Northern Lights is a legendary pure indica that was first grown in Holland. It has been used in multiple hybrids to create some of the best hybrid strains, including Jack Herer. Winner of the most cannabis awards worldwide, this beautiful strain produces a body buzz that is second to none.

Granddaddy-Purple-Medicinal-Marijuana.pn
Granddaddy Purple. Considered the “mass produced” version of Purple Urkel, this popular strain has a distinctively grape scent and taste to accompany the smooth and even buzz. It gives users more energy than the typical indica. Another strain recommended for nighttime use, Granddaddy Purple is a heavy indica that gives a very pleasant buzz and stress relief.

I have tried all but the Urkel, the rest are great meds for both pain , and sleeping,,  I have also grown all of them but Urkel,  they are all easy to grow and produce well, with a quality medical effect...I had some tested and an average is around 18% thc. Might I also reccomend Grape Ape,, that is my med of choice atm, and i deal with pain ,, it works well for me.. and should be readily available at most dispenses..

Edited by Willy

What about the THC levels in a mostly indica,would the higher the THC mean more pain relief or does it not matter? I have to go to Relief Choices,they have indicas,the highest is 90%,but I notice the THC level vary quite a bit. Couchlock is a must,I need relief with no puking. Facemelt is the highest in THC. Please educate me so I don't waste my MMJ budget.  20 bucks a gram ain't real cheap

THC levels are going to varry among growers/ time of harvest and age of product.  It's the terpene's that modulated the THC receptors in your brain that will either give you a racing high or a couchlock. Stay away from sour/lemon smelling strains and look for strains that contain large amounts of myrcene or smells like grapes/mango's.

Thank you guys. I did find some Facemelt,I do believe it is one of the purps because of the color. You don't get a lot of time to discuss CBDs and THC there,they are always busy and only let one at a time back there. And I forgot the DreamCruise was yesterday so they were low anyways. Dang old hipsters with their badass cars,lol. I still love the General Lee.............................

• 4 weeks later...

indica?  not sure anymore. I try it all and decide. seems like one mans favorite may not mean anything to another, until tomorrow maybe, then its great again.

"tested" ?  I wonder how they did that?   DNA sequencing is expensive, but available online. I would love to see a result page of this type of test. I love OG Kush myself, as one of my top choices, and often wondered if it was anything more than a special phenotype of an Afghan chuck pack. My daily to go smoke is White Rhino, which is reworked now as Medicine Man. Two pheno's in each pack , but picked thorugh there is a winner in ever one. The very best representation comes from Mr. Nice, hands down. I've grown every other representation of these wonders since "08 looking for "my" best. My OG #18comes from DNA, but not sure if that's the best rep or not. it is maybe my #1. there ya go, of over 700 strains grown and sampled I've just listed my top choices of all time. Tahoe Og is in that list, as well as LSD from Barneys Farm. Cindy99 is a very special treat for sure. I grew packs and packs of Afghan Kush and found a solid "cherry" smelling/tasting one and ran with it. She's tops too. The above are keepers forever. If I could only ever have one, it would be the #18.

I got an OG KUSH from Relief Choices in warren, about Jan 2014, that was tested as 100 percent indica and it works real good for my pain

I hope you mean a clone ! get a cut from the grower if you can. Its special to find something that's special and effective for you. Some of these strains are EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. I hope you can keep it forever! good luck

i have never had the range of numbing and couch locking effects as I'm experiencing these days from some recently harvested bud that was dried but not cured. What's surprising me is the doc's iranian auto flower.  which is working for me on backache and toothache, at the cost of grogginess and heavy eye-lids. this stuff amazes me with its pain-killing effects.   I grew it with organic nutes (sf organic) and it came out so sweet and mild. And this is not buds i'm smoking; it is the trim, which has much more chlorophyll tin it than the buds have, but patients get those.  Even tho i am the grower, I cannot afford to smoke buds.  Have to sell those to pay the electric bill (balance from last winter).

and wow!  20 bucks a gram?  I'm at 8.

Edited by pic book

i have never had the range of numbing and couch locking effects as I'm experiencing these days from some recently harvested bud that was dried but not cured. What's surprising me is the doc's iranian auto flower.  which is working for me on backache and toothache, at the cost of grogginess and heavy eye-lids. this stuff amazes me with its pain-killing effects.   I grew it with organic nutes (sf organic) and it came out so sweet and mild. And this is not buds i'm smoking; it is the trim, which has much more chlorophyll tin it than the buds have, but patients get those.  Even tho i am the grower, I cannot afford to smoke buds.  Have to sell those to pay the electric bill (balance from last winter).

and wow!  20 bucks a gram?  I'm at 8.

WOW ! sorry to here about your Elect bill i would just grow more Weed living in the D shouldn't be a  worry 

The cannabis grown today is nothing like what a friend of mine would grow just under 6 years ago todays cannabis will never be what it was back inn the day for one reason most don't even know how to grow great cannabis and only a few can grow good cannabis

This is only my opinion 

Great for you and maybe i should add that just maybe the Cannabis i was using  at the time above may have just happen to work for me as Pic book say's his did 

As far as good quality, much better than most of the junk for decades prior. i understand that everyone at the time we are speaking of didn't know where to get the great stuff it came at times and we had to know when it was coming or even then some had to do without 

It was the time when cannabis user keep a ( stash ) is what we had called it and even back them some would run out early but some you could call them up and if they had no cannabis they would still pass a pipe without any cannabis in the bowl but you would still feel the effects 

that "good stuff" did come around occasionally, at a huge price though. Sometimes 4x the cost of the junk. its still called a stash, but we never smoked empty bowls, at least after I turned 20. lol  We still have access to landrace varieties, and with tissue culture methods they can be shipped and stored legally, as they are all over the world.  Panama, Columbia, Acapulco, Madrid, Santa Marta, Jamaica...they all still exist, and indigenous cannabis has grown in those places forever. Meet a friend, he'll send you some magic beans.

I know what you mean with effectiveness though. There are people that swear about strains efficacy while I feed them to the bunnies for failure to please.

Remember that the effect you may have experienced 40 yrs ago may have something to do with your mind and body at that time, rather than the effects of the cannabis you used. I've seen "kids" blowing snot out of their nose laughing so hard at one hit, while mature people stare in awe at them. I've also seen people experiencing extreme effects after smoking ditch weed too, so go figure.

OMG Pic,I did have a tooth pulled Friday! I'm dying and ready to call the Dentist and ask for pain meds,those will make me puke but I don't give a crap.I did everything the guy told me and that was not to smoke or use straws and stuff. So I used a smartwater bottle to make a power shooter. Hubs can't do a shotgun to me because of his job!

• 1 month later...

Afghani I think is 100% indica. Nice plant. Tastes like hash I think. Relaxing buzz

Thank you guys. I did find some Facemelt,I do believe it is one of the purps because of the color. You don't get a lot of time to discuss CBDs and THC there,they are always busy and only let one at a time back there. And I forgot the DreamCruise was yesterday so they were low anyways. Dang old hipsters with their badass cars,lol. I still love the General Lee.............................

Have you tried querkle? A fave of mine too....

that "good stuff" did come around occasionally, at a huge price though. Sometimes 4x the cost of the junk. its still called a stash, but we never smoked empty bowls, at least after I turned 20. lol  We still have access to landrace varieties, and with tissue culture methods they can be shipped and stored legally, as they are all over the world.  Panama, Columbia, Acapulco, Madrid, Santa Marta, Jamaica...they all still exist, and indigenous cannabis has grown in those places forever. Meet a friend, he'll send you some magic beans.

I know what you mean with effectiveness though. There are people that swear about strains efficacy while I feed them to the bunnies for failure to please.

Remember that the effect you may have experienced 40 yrs ago may have something to do with your mind and body at that time, rather than the effects of the cannabis you used. I've seen "kids" blowing snot out of their nose laughing so hard at one hit, while mature people stare in awe at them. I've also seen people experiencing extreme effects after smoking ditch weed too, so go figure.

How is shipping a tissue culture of MJ legal? It is still MJ isn't it? I don't understand.

I dont understand either but than again I wouldnt have a clue what to do with a culture lmao!  I would and do tend to beleive g.m when it comes to his knowledge of growing!  If he is a faker he should go to holly wood and get a job acting!  I spend my every waking moment waiting for him to mess up so I can walk up on his arse bawahahahaha and he knows it :drinking-coffee:

He lives in my old stomping grounds and I know he knows people I know in real life lol!  It would not suprise me if we havent met a few times either,,,,its a good thing im not a private eye lol Id be all over his arse and getting clean awsome clones!

Peace

p,s I guess that makes me a troll eh? :yahoo-wave: