Jut Got Card How Long Before I Can Get Marijuana?

I just received my card. I found a caregiver through a friend and sent in the appropriate paperwork for that. Now my caregiver is telling me it will be at least 3 months before he can give me any product. Is this normal? How can I get some sooner?

Didn't your care giver tell you that in advance that it would be 3 months???

I would just change CG's find one that has product for you..... Unless you are letting a new CG try his luck on your time.. First question to CG is when you gonna be able to supply me with meds.. then ask about strains,, and last haggle over price... if they dont have meds for you right away.. well move on.. of course now you change a CG you may have to wait 20 days, depends on a CG, i would make sure you sent in change, i would do it for you,, then after a receipt from lara, i would supply you ,, but thats me.. not all CG's will go that route...

Or see if there is a dispce in yur area.. but i dont reccomend that but for last resort..Its still illegal to sell it to you, but you can buy it legally,, no problems..

No I dont need another patient. lol

Edited by Willy

technically caregivers are supposed to only have medicine on hand for their registered patients.

which means when they sign a new patient, they will have to start growing your plants from cuttings or seeds. which can take 3 months from start to finished marijuana.

some caregivers are able to grow more marijuana than their registered patients use.

which means they have a stockpile ready for new patients to buy.

unfortunately it looks like the cg you chose didnt have any extra marijuana to sell you, and now you are stuck waiting.

you can change your cg to one who has medicine available and can show you samples.

or you can acquire marijuana from a dispensary, which may also have other risks.

please let us know if you have more questions. sorry to hear about yet another delay in getting your medication. its not like that at the pharmacy is it? oh you want aspirin? wait 3 months until we manufacture some tablets for you...

I just received my card. I found a caregiver through a friend and sent in the appropriate paperwork for that. Now my caregiver is telling me it will be at least 3 months before he can give me any product. Is this normal? How can I get some sooner?

You can aquire your meds from anywhere that will transfer them to you and you are protected. The person transfering may not carry full protection. Is your caregiver estimating that it will take 3 months to get your card or is your caregiver telling you that it will take 3 months before he/she will have some ready?

Sounds like the caregiver you elected is going to give you trouble in the future.  Does he already grow and does he have patients?  These are questions you need to ask yourself.  This may be the type that have a total crop failure, leaving you in the dust for 3-4 months or more.   I would probablly just seek another caregiver who already knows what they are doing and has a constant supply.

• 3 weeks later...

what a conundrum, sorry you fell into that. It is "normal" for new plants to take time to mature, but your cg should have old you that before you registered together. This deceit is enough to move on quickly.

I cant help thinking that if all patient supported the caregiver to 5 patient model as intended we might just have less troubles in court. Good caregivers will rise like cream, and shoddy ones will remain shilling unsuspecting patients for the dispensary sales. I know of at least one cg who has never provided any meds to his own five patients. He cycles them in and out of his registry much the same as yours might be doing. strings them along until they cannot believe it anymore, then registers the first next one to come along, no interview or anything, just another 12 plants. I'll leave it to you to guess where those plants end up, for the last 6 years! He did not invent this, and tells me ALL of his friends do the same thing over and over. Chesterfield, in case you're curious.

If you are carded and you find a c.g he should have something for you imediatly, if not move on period, I fell for that once, I sure hope you didnt also pay a deposit for clones!!!!

as a carded pt you can get it from some of the despenses that are open, dont wait 3 months unless this is a friend and he is just starting a grow,,,,if a c.g is already in biz and you are already legal and sent in the c.g form you should be getting meds imediatly period!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace