Setting Up Grow On Vacant Land W/ Barn

moto3

Hi I'm a caregiver Michigan and I'm looking to purchase a vacant piece of land on approximately 2.5 acres. The land is in a wooded area that has residential houses scattered throughout, it also has one neighbor next to it. The land has a 30 x 56 pole barn with concrete floors that I plan on installing a 24 light grow in. I have never owned my own grow just worked with friends in the area. The land / barn is in Macomb County, I live in the general area where the barn is but I will not live on the property. I will be investing a decent amount of money into this grow and wanted to get other members thoughts as to wether setting up a grow on whats essentially vacant land is a good idea. I don't need attention from thieves or police. 

Thanks

best advice? talk to the neighbor first. he/she will be the first to call in if it starts smelling...

otherwise? yeah, just make sure you lease/rent the land and it should be ok.

make sure the barn has good locks. dont be over your sec4 limits. you can order a second copy of your mmj card from LARA, might be worth the $10 so you can keep a copy in your barn.

make sure to tag each plant with 'medical marijuana'.

Hi I'm a caregiver Michigan and I'm looking to purchase a vacant piece of land on approximately 2.5 acres. The land is in a wooded area that has residential houses scattered throughout, it also has one neighbor next to it. The land has a 30 x 56 pole barn with concrete floors that I plan on installing a 24 light grow in. I have never owned my own grow just worked with friends in the area. The land / barn is in Macomb County, I live in the general area where the barn is but I will not live on the property. I will be investing a decent amount of money into this grow and wanted to get other members thoughts as to wether setting up a grow on whats essentially vacant land is a good idea. I don't need attention from thieves or police. 

Thanks

First off, do you have legal access to use this land?

dude im sorry but t-pain did you ask your neighbors before you built a grow room, If you have a grow room.

Why would any one tell a neighbor hey im gonna start an mm grow in the barn next door do you have a problem with it!

Wow bro ease up on the meds eh!

Peace

I'm buying the property on a land contract so I will own the land. 

It's funny T-pain mentions ask the neighbors, I was thinking about that this morning. They are the people who are going to see me driving in every day for a couple hours a day, it would have to look a little suspicious unless I really love working on my car or something. If they are openly against it I guess I could back out of my contract since I'm still in my due diligence period and look elsewhere. Even if I stay within the limits I am still running a risk so I want to be as careful as possible as I am a professional in the area as well. 

Anyone have any experience with Macomb County?

I'm buying the property on a land contract so I will own the land. 

It's funny T-pain mentions ask the neighbors, I was thinking about that this morning. They are the people who are going to see me driving in every day for a couple hours a day, it would have to look a little suspicious unless I really love working on my car or something. If they are openly against it I guess I could back out of my contract since I'm still in my due diligence period and look elsewhere. Even if I stay within the limits I am still running a risk so I want to be as careful as possible as I am a professional in the area as well. 

Anyone have any experience with Macomb County?

Only enough to know that rural property is limited to the north, and that I have known a County police helicopter pilot who performed his job from above. He rrreaaalllly liked his job.

Only enough to know that rural property is limited to the north, and that I have known a County police helicopter pilot who performed his job from above. He rrreaaalllly liked his job.

Am I better off being closer into town, or in a house? My friend just leased a 5,000 sqft commercial space in a nice business park, to me that seems riskier than a barn on a couple acres. 

Question, if a police helicopter noticed strong heat signatures from the barn and followed with an inspection, what would happen if I was within the limits (plant count, patients posted, license posted, everything marked mmj, etc) From what I've seen it seems as though the arrests that happen are people growing above the limits, near schools, have firearms, or have a network of houses. I am being naive here? 

What would be my best course of action to reduce my risk of ever getting a felony for growing within the state limits? 

Am I better off being closer into town, or in a house? My friend just leased a 5,000 sqft commercial space in a nice business park, to me that seems riskier than a barn on a couple acres. 

Question, if a police helicopter noticed strong heat signatures from the barn and followed with an inspection, what would happen if I was within the limits (plant count, patients posted, license posted, everything marked mmj, etc) From what I've seen it seems as though the arrests that happen are people growing above the limits, near schools, have firearms, or have a network of houses. I am being naive here? 

What would be my best course of action to reduce my risk of ever getting a felony for growing within the state limits? 

The qualifiers are that you are compliant. In that case the law provides excellent protection, except when it doesn't.

Your best course is to keep everything locked down. Don't tell anyone anything they don't need to know.

Edited by GregS

For all of you who feel the need to tell your neighbors you are growing Good luck with that, you may as well put a sign in the yard saying grow op for weed!

after you ask your neighbor go ask the county sherrif if it will be ok and the prosecutor, heck go door to door in your tiny community and get signatures of those who aprove or diaprove!

Loose Lips Sink ships!

peace

Just make sure you invest in good scrubbers. I had my neighbor ask me to "turn it down" after getting complacent. Funny a dairy farmer would be offended at my stink but of course I said will do. Bought a couple 10" combos and all is well. Said he had his kid at the farm sometimes and didn't want to have to explain.

Still makes me sad that people can't talk to there kids about medicine but we are getting better all the time. I expect in a couple years he may be wanting a few greenhouses on his 300 acres. ;-)

You can still talk with the neighbors to get a feel for them.

That does not mean you need to tell them of your plans :)

I mean, after all, they may be a version of the Firefly family

that, I might want to know ;)

The idea of having something else you are using that property

for, out in the open where they can see you doing so... is a good

one imho.

Best of luck with it and please keep us up on how it goes for you.