Setting Up Grow On Vacant Land W/ Barn

moto3

Personally, I'd scrutinize the heck out of the barn idea. Most aren't sealed up very tight... lots of holes, cracks, etc. Bugs get in, odors get out, along w heat/cold. You'd have to really consider getting it locked up tight & controlling the environment, which depending upon the structure, is going to take a lot of work & money. The strucre might fight you the whole way, not the neighbors, though if it isn't locked up tight, then they'll eventually have a problem.

op is obviously blowing smoke, obviously.

I grow in a barn. a complete sealed room exists within the barn. I've no room issues, smells, or knowing neighbors. Every control in that room should be utilized in every room for best results. You are correct, it did take a lot of money to build the room(s) and my patients are grateful I spent it. no mites, no mold, no problems....4 lights in flower, one 4x8 t-5, full registry.

ah, thanks, and I am truly sorry op. I will edit/delete that post if you wish. I will explain my frustrating misunderstanding in pm if you like, in an effort to keep the peace.

I love barn growers and can offer some super trial and error winner tips for you. I spent a thousand dollars building the room inside the barn, 12x30, separated with a light lock curtain at 10 feet, 1000 insulating, foil bubble foil, fiberglass ins walls, blown in paper, ceilings in the room) another 1000 to have it wired/inspected to code, + generator ready plug for home and barn. 200 amp service. the ac/dehum/c02 gen/stink socks/fans/220 heaters/digi thermos cost another 2000, lights, ballasts, hoods, movers, trays, cement mixer, pots another 2200. to be fair the room(s) could produce more than what is, and afford me good work space, harvest trim area, storage, shelving etc. Some work was done by me, some professionally. I really did expect to be able to get lazy doing this. I found it is nothing less than a daily chore that can last for hours each day. Heavy lifting, squirming, bending, etc. are daily. Every moment away from the room/property or monitor is a nagging hook. meter readers are particularly taxing. Noise is a difficult thing to rid. smells are easy, not cheap. atmosphere control is expensive and redundant. Humidity control is essential, expensive, and persistent. daily inspection is a must, though I have taken to days off, sometimes with zero regrets. clones may need daily attention too. a smart phone, video monitoring will go a long way to keep peace in your heart, but trust me, it isn't enough sometimes. I wish you the best. pics rock, drawings are cool too. You will want an outside as well as inside view, with motion detectors and auto record, instant alert. Mine is complete now with no troubles remaining. it can be done.

ah, thanks, and I am truly sorry op. I will edit/delete that post if you wish. I will explain my frustrating misunderstanding in pm if you like, in an effort to keep the peace.

I love barn growers and can offer some super trial and error winner tips for you. I spent a thousand dollars building the room inside the barn, 12x30, separated with a light lock curtain at 10 feet, 1000 insulating, foil bubble foil, fiberglass ins walls, blown in paper, ceilings in the room) another 1000 to have it wired/inspected to code, + generator ready plug for home and barn. 200 amp service. the ac/dehum/c02 gen/stink socks/fans/220 heaters/digi thermos cost another 2000, lights, ballasts, hoods, movers, trays, cement mixer, pots another 2200. to be fair the room(s) could produce more than what is, and afford me good work space, harvest trim area, storage, shelving etc. Some work was done by me, some professionally. I really did expect to be able to get lazy doing this. I found it is nothing less than a daily chore that can last for hours each day. Heavy lifting, squirming, bending, etc. are daily. Every moment away from the room/property or monitor is a nagging hook. meter readers are particularly taxing. Noise is a difficult thing to rid. smells are easy, not cheap. atmosphere control is expensive and redundant. Humidity control is essential, expensive, and persistent. daily inspection is a must, though I have taken to days off, sometimes with zero regrets. clones may need daily attention too. a smart phone, video monitoring will go a long way to keep peace in your heart, but trust me, it isn't enough sometimes. I wish you the best. pics rock, drawings are cool too. You will want an outside as well as inside view, with motion detectors and auto record, instant alert. Mine is complete now with no troubles remaining. it can be done.

ah, grassmatch, my hero.

you and underdog rock.  is that cartoon still on?

total spent sounds like $35, fully equipped.?

the comments re rh are right on

I want your instant view and record monitoring

and ops 24 lights in your space.  rockin  rockin...

ah, grassmatch, my hero.

you and underdog rock.  is that cartoon still on?

total spent sounds like $35, fully equipped.?

the comments re rh are right on

I want your instant view and record monitoring

and ops 24 lights in your space.  rockin  rockin...

more like 6k$ fully equipped,not including the barn costs and the well , inside the barn. I got the barn for 10k hands off, dirt floor. grow room well spigot is plumbed direct to our house well, $300.

more like 6k$ fully equipped,not including the barn costs and the well , inside the barn. I got the barn for 10k hands off, dirt floor. grow room well spigot is plumbed direct to our house well, $300.

How far from the house well did you have to trench? I'd be curious about doing this myself. The other day I was talking to guy at a lumber yard about building a new barn and when I mentioned having water he said that would probably be illegal. Not sure why water would be illegal but he said best do it yourself and don't tell anyone you did it???

You crack me up..

how's that ?

How far from the house well did you have to trench? I'd be curious about doing this myself. The other day I was talking to guy at a lumber yard about building a new barn and when I mentioned having water he said that would probably be illegal. Not sure why water would be illegal but he said best do it yourself and don't tell anyone you did it???

I understand there are two ways of doing this. one is trench 4 feet deep right to the down pipe between your pump and the house system, and the other is to trench 4 feet deep and connect to the supply after your house system. if you plumb the first way you could possibly contaminate your well, by the suck back in a hose or spigot, while the other way will prevent this because of the pressure tank. You can call a water digger guy and get a quote, they never break laws saving you the worries. Mine was 150 feet trenching from my home, I thought 300 bucks was dirt(pun)cheap. It took two guys two hours to complete a job well(pun) done.

24 light polebarn grow and you want to avoid a felony? you can stay within limits so 72 plants under 24000 watts asumming 1000watts , hard to make that harvest and stay under on useable meds,but if youre going that big prob, selling is going to the felony.i would be very careful of not selling to anyone other than pts your carded to. and man they better smoke a lot!

Generator. And if you are serious,it can hook right up to your propane or gas lines. Runs itself once a week for 5 minutes to make sure it works. All you have to do is check the oil,it's a Briggs and Stratton 18 HP engine.Looks like a central air unit. The power goes out a lot in the country. We bought one 6 years ago,best investment we ever made. Out here when the power goes,our sump pump stops and our basement will flood really fast. We can't even get water. You may want to check into it. Natural gas or propane.

Good idea. You can build your small seperate rooms,heat can be a propane tank. Go for it!

With separate rooms heat can be supplied by lights. When I was building I had a HVAC guy who also grows in his barn swearing up and down that I needed heat in my barn. Well after the coldest winter in my lifetime I can safely say that I did not need any additional heat other than what was supplied by thousand watt lights. Stagger veg and flower so that there is always lights on and no need for gas heat.

Insulation is key. Mini splits for the win. ;-)

dig your own well, just get a jiggle point and down ya go,, for me its easy water table good enough to drink is just 40ft down.. add a pump and yur all done.. pvc inside the barn, under the ground 2 ft and it'll never freeze up.. 

I've actually been watching youtube videos on just that. I just need to find out how far down the water table is here. I do know we have pretty sandy loam so the digging wouldn't be too tough.