Northern Michigan Marijuana Dispensary Raided

WEXFORD COUNTY, MI -- The Traverse Narcotics team raided a Mesick medical marijuana shop Tuesday, seizing marijuana, cash and business records.

The Aug. 19 raid came after owners of Magic Buds Medical Cannabis store, 5093 N. M-37 Highway, were ordered to cease any dispensing of marijuana, authorities say.

Wexford County Prosecutor Tony Badovinac issued the order a little more than a month ago, advising owners they needed to comply with court rulings prohibiting the operation of dispensaries.

The Traverse Narcotics Team will forward a report from the raid to Badovinac's office for review.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/08/northern_michigan_marijuana_di.html

If you get warned from leo and they give you a whole month!  Time to stop,  dont we know of a farmers market that got shut down up here after being warned ahead of time,,,,why would someone want to spend so many yrs in court!

It is not legal people, I want the law to change and make it legal, heck what laws are these people gonna break when despenses are legal?

Peace

If you get warned from leo and they give you a whole month!  Time to stop,  dont we know of a farmers market that got shut down up here after being warned ahead of time,,,,why would someone want to spend so many yrs in court!

It is not legal people, I want the law to change and make it legal, heck what laws are these people gonna break when despenses are legal?

Peace

Thanks Jim

Don't worry Cannabis arrest for growing won't stop i'am still not sure if i want the Law to change the way it's going to be changed by Lansing

This is unreal. The cops gave them a month? A whole MONTH? I can remember times when I was glad to have a few hours. These folks had no respect for the law and we have to ride it out in the same boat with them. It's getting old.

Bob,

Arrests for growing? WTF? There are those that are blatantly not following the rules right out in public. Flaunting it. They disrespect us all. Your comment may or may not be valid. It's just a slap in the face the way you presented it here in this thread. Like everyone has the same risk as an ignoranis running a Magic Buds Pot Store that's still open after the cops gave them a months grace.  A MONTH'S GRACE !!!!

Peace

profits vs losses, its all about the money. Surely there is an amount of money that could possibly entice most to break any law, especially unjust ones. Just imagine the amount of money it takes to convince these dopes to continue. they may not be dumb after all

I can agree to getting a letter thats says STOP selling cannabis i still wish we would have gotten one

what would you have it say? maybe "please lock your grow room door, or stop inviting your friends over to see your business, or you have to wait till you have been approved by the state before you can plant those seeds"?    most registrants were able to read those rules before hand, on the MI.gov website.

sure, but the state DOES approve of your application, not the physician, and the state WILL NOT approve your application until a qualified physician has endorsed your cannabis use suggestion. That's why its important to wait until the state actually issues the card before you plant cannabis in MI. Otherwise there is no way to know that you are approved to use cannabis. the state can deny your application for many different reasons, and are the gate keeper long after the physician. They can take and give, while the doctor examines and recommends. If I grow, sell, plant, before the state approves the application, the fault is mine, for ignorance or spite, no matter.

If approved, doctors, patients and growers in states where medical marijuana is legal will not be arrested and prosecuted by federal authorities for marijuana possession, cultivation or distribution, as reported by the Huffington Post. Currently, anyone in the U.S. can be imprisoned for up to three years for simple possession. Those growing or selling it can be imprisoned for life.

http://mic.com/articles/96892/rand-paul-is-pushing-radical-new-legislation-for-medical-marijuana

lol ? who says we have to wait? I said its important =for people like yourself to wait, obviously. are you going to avoid the questions of how and why you were arrested, lol

I have never avoided any Questions of how and why because it is the truth but some day i just don't want to relive the nightmare i /we have good days and bad days 

just like everyone else but i  do like sharing  our story with others so ask away

And Thanks for asking 

So others may live 

I have never avoided any Questions of how and why because it is the truth but some day i just don't want to relive the nightmare i /we have good days and bad days 

just like everyone else but i  do like sharing  our story with others so ask away

And Thanks for asking 

So others may live

Sometimes making things really clear is better than letting people use their imaginations. In hindsight, if you could have made a concise short story about what happened, and stuck with that, you would have had less gray area in your story for people to wonder about. There are so many people busting moves all over the place that it's easy to think your moves were much bigger than they were. You are/were the smallest of the small fries.

Sometimes making things really clear is better than letting people use their imaginations. In hindsight, if you could have made a concise short story about what happened, and stuck with that, you would have had less gray area in your story for people to wonder about. There are so many people busting moves all over the place that it's easy to think your moves were much bigger than they were. You are/were the smallest of the small fries.

Thanks

I agree i do tell our story better in person then on a keyboard