Mmma Limits Make Me Cringe

iwombat

maybe they actually did see the injustice, and favored the pain and ignorance politicians and courts have supported for all of our lives, keeping consistent with most other findings of the past ? the system may be FUBAR'd, I haven't seen much justice resulting in courts, only strange surreal plays with well paid actors.

Ohh I know and very possible that they figured it is about to be fixed by legislation but that is ridiculous because if they can see the injustice of the law being misinterpreted. They should fix it to stand as written and not by amendment. That is bull chit in my book...................... And they are probably doing it because they have already announced how tired of doing their job on our little law and who cares if people are going to jail in the meantime............ still injustice............

maybe they actually did see the injustice, and favored the pain and ignorance politicians and courts have supported for all of our lives, keeping consistent with most other findings of the past ? the system may be FUBAR'd, I haven't seen much justice resulting in courts, only strange surreal plays with well paid actors.

That's because it is a court of law . Many people think that they will get justice from a court of law . It is a very rude awakening when all you get is so much law jammed up your anal pore , your fuccin' head spins . Justice will come at a price , if you can afford it !

Edited by knucklehead bob

Well gee,that was a pretty obvious inflammatory first post, guy with the Big Head.  Did you plan that for entertainment purposes?

Have you considered that after people start changing their avatars, anyone reading old posts will just think you are crazy? Just a thought.

Oh yeah, Beourbud, I think you have spent too much time in the sun, your brain seems a little cooked. 

• 1 month later...

It seems like folks here don't have a lot of experience with concentrates yet.

That is understandable, given the position of the law here at the moment.

What I can add here is that they are all over the west and not just because of

sprouts looking for Da Bomb Dabs.  Many patients use them, either because

the higher doses are needed for their issue (muscle spasms in particular seem

to require a high dose, also MS symptoms, epilepsy), because they need

relief for 3-4 hours at a time rather than 20-30 minutes per dose, or because

they are children (chemo, MS, Epilepsy).

Recently I have been forced to move to edibles because smoking or vaping

an effective dose has become hard on my lungs.

I make and test my own concentrates and edibles so I can be sure of

what I am getting.  My last batch of Gummy Candies  was made with

an Everclear-based tincture resulting in 200mg THC/candy.

Other 'experienced' testers said one Candy was enough to "rock their world".

One was less experienced that we thought and ended up in the ER for 5 hours.

In order to make it through an entire football game in uncomfortable chairs

my dose is 5 Gummy Candies, and it is barely enough.

I have no doubt that some will find a 1000 mg dose hard to swallow, but

that's what it takes for me and I personally know several others who are the same.

Because the effective dose in first timers and newbies is so low, those

that consume medical-dosed edibles at dispensaries are in for a wild ride.

Recreational newbies in Colorado (40% of dispensary customers statewide

are tourists) are now being steered toward Rookie Cookies (10mg/cookie)

due to the large number of medibles 'accidents' among tourists.

But don't let these problems cause you to write off concentrates.  They

are an essential medicine for some of us.

iWombat

Edited by iwombat

• 3 months later...

Medical marijuana will be a footnote within the next generation.  Recreational marijuana is practically a foregone conclusion.

If you truly believe Move to Decriminalize completely.  No limits, Grow as much as you want on your own property.

Where is that initiative.  Not likely because there is no money in it.  The cup was a conglomerate of drug dealers posing as medical.  Actually illegally transfering concentrates with no regard for public safety or our law.

Too many dealers ARE using our good law as a front for their ops.

Anything less than a move to totally decriminalize MJ is just a scam to make money for a choosen few.

Again lots of things in concentrated form are toxic/unsafe/dangerous....oxygen for example.

The oxygen provided thru nature is healthy ,  100% oxygen is deadly,  so the its only compact thc  easy to stash bs dont hold water.

The solution is decriminalization..

man, what a read!

We are ACTIVELY trying to protect patients right to use concentrates. Check it out, from http://www.mpp.org/states/michigan

Meanwhile, two key bills that would improve protections for those in the medical marijuana program are also seeing steady progress and are expected to pass this year. Rep. Mike Callton’s HB 4271, would allow city-regulated dispensaries, and Rep. Eileen Kowall’s HB 5104, would protect patients’ use of edibles and extracts. Both are currently before the Senate Government Operations Committee. A Senate floor vote is expected by the end of November.

This all stems around the 2013 case where the guy got arrested for brownies. Clearly, however, in all the articles, it states this

However, the court did determine that Chambers may be able to claim immunity under a separate provision of the law, Section 8, which allows possession of marijuana in any amount “reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms,” Mlive.com reported.

Reading this thread has been a treat. Watching logic battle against ignorance helplessly is always amusing.

Oil's and Tinctures can, possibly, be illegal. It depends on 

reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms,” 

The courts realize the ruling is backward. This member is fear mongering. I am surprised these articles haven't been detailed here yet! 

As well, many of the articles mention the fact that some part of the plant has to be present for it to be considered medicine.  I am fairly certain an apprentice lawyer student could figure out a way to protect themselves from that grey area.

So, in essence, I'm sorry to inform everyone that you have been wasting your time arguing with lunacy, enjoy your edibles!

For anyone wanting to watch these bills as they ammend them and slowly crawl through the process of getting ANYTHING done, check it out. This is one of them. 

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(q1rai4axskzgf2551roan545))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2013-HB-5104&query=on HB5104

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(05gc44ecctzau4fezwoiul55))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=2013-HB-4271 HB4271

This is the actual ammending they are planning on doing? (have already done? )

6 (e) "Marihuana" means that term as defined in section 7106 of 7 the public health code,

1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7106. 8 (F) "MARIHUANA-INFUSED PRODUCT" MEANS A TOPICAL FORMULATION, 9 TINCTURE, BEVERAGE, EDIBLE SUBSTANCE, OR SIMILAR PRODUCT CONTAINING 10 ANY USABLE MARIHUANA THAT IS INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION IN A 11 MANNER OTHER THAN SMOKE INHALATION.

[MARIHUANA-INFUSED PRODUCT SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED A FOOD FOR PURPOSES OF THE FOOD LAW, 2000 PA 92, MCL 289.1101 TO 289.8111.]

man, what a read!

We are ACTIVELY trying to protect patients right to use concentrates. Check it out, from http://www.mpp.org/states/michigan

This all stems around the 2013 case where the guy got arrested for brownies. Clearly, however, in all the articles, it states this

Reading this thread has been a treat. Watching logic battle against ignorance helplessly is always amusing.

Oil's and Tinctures can, possibly, be illegal. It depends on 

The courts realize the ruling is backward. This member is fear mongering. I am surprised these articles haven't been detailed here yet! 

As well, many of the articles mention the fact that some part of the plant has to be present for it to be considered medicine.  I am fairly certain an apprentice lawyer student could figure out a way to protect themselves from that grey area.

So, in essence, I'm sorry to inform everyone that you have been wasting your time arguing with lunacy, enjoy your edibles!

We have been up to speed with all of these issues for a long time. Please do not suggest that we are somehow uninformed, but navigate the archives to find what has been said.

Hey Slider as said by Gregs we are up to speed on all of that. We are well aware that the Section 8 protection/defense is there for the edibles. We are also aware that there are ways to get around some of the nonsense. Simple fact of the matter is that this law has those protections right in SECTION 4 and should and will be treated as such. One way or another. 

Oregon allows 24 oz per patient in the hands of patient and also in the hands of the caregiver that's also allowed as 24 ounces of concentrated mj. Up to 4 patients, 6 mature plants and 18 seedlings/veg. They also have legal dispensaries, and since measure 92 passed, legalized cannabis. The legalized commercial grows have different limits completely.