Caregiver Not Providing...

Phaq... I get what you are saying too. Just ask that you also consider the following:

- the person growing takes all the legal risk. They are the ones that risk going jail or facing tens of thousands in legal fees. It's their ars on the line, even if doing it right, even if they have no mal intentions.

- it isn't easy to grow. It takes a big commitment of time & dollars, as I'm sure you are aware, but just to restate.

- maintaining a continuous supply (and a selection) is very difficult under the strict reading of the law. Again, depending on the circumstances, they take all the risk to do so.

- there just isn't enough competent, compassionate & capable cg's to go around. Just yday, was approached by a friend who knows a couple & one of them is basically terminal but is going to try to fight it w chemo. I am full up, but how do you say no in helping???

- sometimes crops go sideways (many more times than people admit) & it really isn't any sort of get rich quick scheme. Again, it isnt easy to grow. And like in life, things happen.

Just to say, it ain't all roses & hundred dollar bills. But I get too what you are saying.

Well heck. Sounds to me that I am better off with a CG.I was actually entertaining the thought of being my own ,and buying a little grow closet. I figured eventually I could break even,but if it costs me more than my donation each month,it isn't worth it. I do have the time to tend my own 12 plants,and with the closet would have the correct type of space. I don't even think I would need 12 plants. The rest of my idea cannot be posted publicly........sorry LEO.

Jointed... I am a super big proponent of grow your own. In an ideal world, that could be the way. But what I said is all true, and then some more if wanted to get into it.

It will cost a lot up front, but over time (just on your own) it pays itself back. I personally would figure to spend 4-6k setting up a single light personal grow that covers all the bases. Sure you could do it at 2k skimping on certain items, but it will often bite you during the grow, and will end up spending it anyway if not more because will be 'fixing' a bad situation.

But it really ought to be done right the first time, and a 'closet' becomes tough due to all the gear you will need + the heat it creates. A bedroom w a bath + a good chunk of change + proper design/gear. You need to deal w heat, odor, relative humidity, a water source & drain, plus space enough to fit all of that & have room to maneuver & care for the plants. Want to keep a mom? That's a separate space altogether.

It just ain't as easy as most start out thinking. And that doesn't even get into sourcing/starting genetics + actually growing a healthy & bountiful crop. If anyone suggests this is wrong, I'd bet good money they just don't know, or aren't growing at a 'professional' level.

All that aside, it is really cool to try & do. And as tough as I makr it sound, it's not that bad if you are passionate about it. It really is very rewarding to grow your own crop. I started that way, and primarily because I was sick of all the crap meds from either the streets, over priced profit centers, or cg's that had their headsvup something. I just don't smoke any other person's meds, for years, with the very limited exception of people that take it as seriously as I. If you've got the means, I say do it.

2x4 tent=150$

2x4 big foot low profile stack flood/drain trays=300$

One 600 watt ballast and one bulb= $300

one more bulb=$50

One techna flora grow kit= 40$

150+300+300+50+40= $840

5 months of 50$ electric bills= 250$

250+840= 1090$/ 24 ounces= 45.41 per ounce

staggered growth, t5 in veg/clone will vary costs, and two tents are better than one for one single patient. Labor and likelihood of pests increases with soil growing.

indoors, inside an air conditioned/heated room produced

12 3 foot plants with no less than 2 ounces each for me my first time growing medical cannabis, right out of the Cervantes grow bible, flawlessly. I miss the simplicity actually, and find myself remembering when this was a lot of fun. I'll most likely return to self supply/no patients status one day, as soon as I've tried every strain known to man.

this one came out of my first garden in that set up in that tent.

I hear you about the work. My flower gardens demand everyday attention and it's getting harder and harder to tend to them. Just watering takes hours,we don't have a watering system,just us. We have spent 1000s of $$ and countless hours fighting off deer,herons,and bugs.Imagine if we didn't have a well,our electric bill and paying for water would kill us. According to your numbers,I can have a horse instead......and I would rather spend time at the barn riding and smelling the fresh cut hay than in a dark little room. ( SWEET FENDER,BTW. Hubs has an Aqua Stratocaster)  Thanks for the advice, Frog Guy.It's PEACH FEST time,now we can go to town and watch all the drunks fight and the cops riding bicycles with those tight shorts and goofy helmets. Fun to walk around with mj rolled into cig tubes and puff,by time people figure out where the smells coming from,we have walked on,LOL! Stupid cops!

Caregivers and patients are not obligated by our Act to notify either when changes occur to the(ir) registry. Of course it is the right thing to do if possible. LARA says they wont notify the cg of changes, only the patient, but they lied fortunately and have always sent me a notice to "count plants" within 15 days sort thing for a patient removal.

It is entirely possible that the ops cg no longer wishes to provide for them and is awaiting a removal by the patient. There really is no straight forward change form protocol for a cg to remove a patient unfortunately. sometimes its easier for us to say "family issues" instead of your a pain in the butt, or live too far, or just are not keeping up your end of the arrangement. Its not personal for most of us, just a communication breakdown in the interviewing process. Not to mention life throws curveballs none of us see coming, like lay offs, divorces, pay cuts, which could change our needs, and services.

Its unfortunate that patients will be without meds while trying to locate a new caregiver. Laws need to change for sure, quickly.

I didn't know that,Ozz. I only read the first blue letter the State sent me in 2009 approving me. The rest gets shoved into a folder in case I need them. And on a personal note,I did not know anything about carruthers until I read it here. I gots me some edumacation on it right here from you and Gorilla Guy.Thanks for that.

I didn't know that,Ozz. I only read the first blue letter the State sent me in 2009 approving me. The rest gets shoved into a folder in case I need them. And on a personal note,I did not know anything about carruthers until I read it here. I gots me some edumacation on it right here from you and Gorilla Guy.Thanks for that.

:bong2: :bong2: :bong2:

Per the administrative rules:

(2) The department may notify a registered primary caregiver by certified mail at

the address of record within 14 days of any changes in status including, but not

limited to, both of the following:

"May notify."  So LARA is not required to notify but can if they wish.  I have always gotten a notice when a patient changed status.

Lara tells you that you need to inform the caregiver if you change. It is right on the letter that comes with your card. And yes it IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Is that a rule.. do you recall how it is worded on that letter? I don't have one to see.

thanks

FAQ section at lara says :Answer: When the MMP processes a change form to remove a caregiver, the caregiver will receive a notice that their registry ID card for that patient is no longer valid. Prior to receipt of the letter (which can take up to 60 days to receive) the responsibility falls on the patient to communicate with the caregiver to notify him or her that he or she is no longer protected under the law

I didn't read that as a must for patients to notify, but a "hey, ask him to do it" type of statement. clarification would be great on that one.

Edited by grassmatch

good info there guys/gals. thank you!

I replace a patient when they have not taken an agreed delivery, Jekyll/Hyde, no show, or(insert reason here). For this reason it's usually me that is doing the removal and affords me the opportunity to continue the perpetual garden schedule uninterrupted. Receiving a letter with a 15 day warning to reduce plants/possession could be troublesome for some garden plans.

I think this is a great reason to perfect the interview process, explore each others' expectations, and be completely honest with potential patients and caregivers when searching.

peace

Grass since 2009,the applications have changed,the Dept that handles it changed,the Drs report is longer,all kinds of little stuff they put in there without informing PTs. Why should you go to the same place to get a turkey hunting license as you go for a medical approval? And why didn't they tell anyone,I never got a letter or anything,did any of you?

I never get to go anywhere anymore!

I have turkeys often in my back yard. I don't hunt them, thanks to Disney, wife. They are fun to watch interact with our chickens and duck. I think everyone surrounding us hunts everything meat so its a zoo most often in the yard. The deer don't even run from our Jack Russels anymore. They run up and bark at their faces  and the deer strike playful demeanors while jumping around the dogs. Its best enjoyed with the morning coffeehash of a sunday, like today!