Hello

Hello!!!

I am in Indiana. My 20 year old daughter has been living with a very rare tumor since 2008.  She had a radical de-bulking of the tumor in 2012 and is it is now considered inoperable due to its location which is abutting the sigmoid colon, bladder, uterus, vagina. She has tons of long term side effects from nerve damage from surgery, pain from side effects from several chemotherapies, neuropathy, damage from radiation.She has been on Fentanyl patches 24/7 for 2 years now, along with lyrics, antidepressants, opioids, stool softeners etc. She finds that with marijuana she has relief of her debilitating side effects and has much more stamina and pain relief. My understanding of the pros of legal medical Cannabis is the decriminalization of the user in the state of Michigan.

#1)  I am trying to understand if it would be beneficial for her to purchase legally in Michigan or if continuing to purchase illegally locally.

#2)  Would she need a Michigan Doctor to prescribe or would she be able to have her cancer team at The James Cancer Hospital @ Ohio State prescribe?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

She would first have to establish Michigan residency unless Indiana has medical cannabis laws.

Michigan allows legal patients from other states to use cannabis, but does not allow residents from other states to come here to obtain their recommendation.

Rule 3. A qualifying patient applying for a registry identification card shall comply with all of the following:

a] Submit a completed application on a form provided by the department, together with the requisite fee. The completed application shall include all of the following:

(i) Name, address, and date of birth of the qualifying patient. The address for the qualifying patient shall be a physical address located in this state. A qualifying patient who is homeless shall not be required to provide a physical address.

(ii) Name, address, and telephone number of the qualifying patient’s physician.

indiana and ohio do not have mmj laws as far as i remember.

like wild bill says, for her to get mmj in michigan she will need to be a resident and get certified in michigan by a michigan doctor. only michigan doctors can certify patients in michigan. although out-of-state certifications are allowed in as "visiting patients".

good luck to you and your daughter. be sure to research cannabis oil and how the cannabinoids in marijuana can shrink tumors. it just may help her in more ways than pain relief!!

to try to answer your other question, if she gets registered as a michigan medical marijuana patient , she would be able to grow 12 plants. growing your own plants is incredibly cheaper than buying marijuana on the street.

Edited by t-pain

If it is at all feasible, move here.. that would solve your problem in the shortest of times, she can get certified pretty quick up here im sure.. as long as work dont hold you back.. or do a part time residence, rent a place , get a DL or state id for her.. likely a state id.. and you should be in ..im sure there are other scenario's but i would just move, illegal has some risk, and if they decided or somehow you got caught up in illegal, wouldnt fair well.. in Indianna..Here you do have a leg to stand on, how be it a skinny leg.. most patients , are not being persecuted unless they sell ...following the rules is the best way to go forward..

Edited by Willy