Just Wondering About Dr Patent Confidentiality?

Tiger Fan

I have been going to a pain management for chronic pain in my back. He has been prescribing Vicodin for me for a year. I also have my Card. He has been drug testing me randomly and I always was positive for marijuana. The doctor told my mom that I was smoking marijuana and had my medical card. This seemed to me kind of strange seeing how I am 34 years old and married. Any thoughts?

I have been going to a pain management for chronic pain in my back. He has been prescribing Vicodin for me for a year. I also have my Card. He has been drug testing me randomly and I always was positive for marijuana. The doctor told my mom that I was smoking marijuana and had my medical card. This seemed to me kind of strange seeing how I am 34 years old and married. Any thoughts?

I would sue the hell outta him ,, make it hurt him ,, unless your a mentally challenged person he has no right to tell your mommy.. you are no longer under her command( unless you signed your  rights over.and made her your decision maker .. even if you do live at home, now if mom dont care no biggy, but if she opens a can of BS on you for using,, bust his chops and sue.. its your personal medical condition, he has no rights what ever to discuss or disclose,, even if she is your mother,, unless you were incapacitated..

Edited by Willy

He is only covering his own Dr azz,and he will dump you as a pt. But first he will start giving you Nsaids like Trammadol for pain instead of opiates.He broke the law,and is just trying to get out of it. I would call a pt advocate to find out about HIPPA laws.Drs always have FB pages too. They do not have the power they seem to think they have.If he works with a Hospital,you can go to their pt advocate.