Unconscious From Brownies?

zachw

RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say five students got sick — including two who were rushed to the hospital unconscious — after eating marijuana brownies that were sold at a San Francisco Bay Area high school.

Richmond police Capt. Mark Gagan (GAY'-gen) says a 17-year-old senior allegedly sold the brownies Thursday at De Anza High School for $3 apiece or two for $5.

Five students, ages 14 to 16, fell ill. Gagan says two regained consciousness at the hospital and are in serious but stable condition.

Three other students were treated at the school for nausea and vomiting.

Gagan says the alleged brownie seller was arrested on suspicion of selling drugs on campus and child endangerment. She's being held at juvenile hall.

There's no immediate word on where she got the brownies.

From here.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone becoming unconscious from eating cannabis? And what does it mean "serious but stable" if one will "recover" automatically in 8 or so hours?

Something else is up with this story, unless it is just sensationalist propaganda.

Too much will knock you out and keep you groggy for a day or two. One of my acquaintances recently became nauseous after eating brownies.  They might be seriously tired but not in any danger for their lives.

It's always better to start small and wait awhile with edibles.

On the plus side $3 apiece or 2 for $5 sounds quite reasonable for something that strong. :D

theres reports of people who eat cannabis oil that they fall asleep.

when younger people, even toddlers or small pets eat edibles, they can pass out, and be difficult to wake up. very groggy.

but yeah , they all wake up eventually.

people being rushed to the hospital, the only problem they will have is the $10,000 bill...

most of these hospital news reports also report shallow breathing.

its a very deep, restful sleep one can achieve on strong pot.

with it being kids, It wouldnt suprise me to find out that they put some of them bath salts or something else other than mj!

I have had friends get down right ill from vaping  top shelf mm, I think it is kinda funny! (not the skewl kid thing)

and for 2 for 5 bucks I would have to think something else was im the brownies, I would probably charge like at least 10 bucks for a brownie that I have made!

now ya all know what it is like to have kids in high school!  man I love my kids but I cant wait till they are all out of the nest an me and the ole lady are traveling around in our 30 yr old r.v lmao!

Peace

Right. got water ?

"L.A. Woman"

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light
Or just another lost angel?
City of Night, City of Night,
City of Night, City of Night, woo, c'mon

L.A. Woman, L.A. Woman
L.A. Woman Sunday afternoon
Drive through your suburbs
Into your blues, into your blues, yeah
Into your blue-blue Blues
Into your blues, oh, yeah

I see your hair is burnin'
Hills are filled with fire
If they say I never loved you
You know they are a liar
Drivin' down your freeway
Midnight alleys roam
Cops in cars,
The topless bars
Never saw a woman...
So alone, so alone
So alone, so alone

Motel, money, murder, madness
Let's change the mood from glad to sadness

Mr. Mojo Risin', Mr. Mojo Risin'
Got to keep on risin'
Mojo Risin', gotta Mojo Risin'
Mr. Mojo Risin', gotta keep on risin'
Risin', risin'
Gone risin', risin'
I'm gone risin', risin'
I gotta risin', risin'
Well, risin', risin'
I gotta, wooo, yeah, risin'
Whoa, oh yeah

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light
Or just another lost angel?
City of Night, City of Night,
City of Night, City of Night, whoa, c'mon

L.A. Woman, L.A. Woman
L.A. Woman, you're my woman
Little L.A. Woman, Little L.A. Woman
L.A. L.A. Woman Woman
L.A. Woman c'mon

I suppose anythings possible. My guess she pinched the cookies. Didnt realize they were XXX... well more like her clientelle were a little niave. She sold out on the cookies, anyway,  dont you know.  Now they gonna hafta wait for toxicology to recover any evidence.

Here's some updates ana video: abcNews ,     I B Times      ....nothin new really couple of them went home, bla bla...

Yes cannabis van make you unconscious. I had a bad excessive dabbing experience and it was a real struggle not to pass out. Using the term sleepy is a bit of a cover. When I a going to bed late I am sleepy when i take two big hits (my uninformed fault) and have to make an effort to walk 20 feet to a chair that is something else.  I am pro mj but I a realistic. 

LOL I remember some MJ that a half a joint put me down, I mean i was unable to move, ya i heard people talking, and occasionally i would answer, but i was pretty much out for the count.. Good old fashion Colombian gold bud.. haha it kicked my donkey good :)   Wish i could get some now a days .... 

OMG mrd is right. One dab and one hit of shatter knocked me on my azz big time. And I was trying to be cool in front of my sons buddy, who was kind enough to make a short stop here because I had bad pain. DANG. I didn't have ANY pain after that. Probably should have stopped with the dab,it worked really well. I don't even know how I got upstairs to the bed...........I suspect I crawled.

LOL I remember some MJ that a half a joint put me down, I mean i was unable to move, ya i heard people talking, and occasionally i would answer, but i was pretty much out for the count.. Good old fashion Colombian gold bud.. haha it kicked my donkey good :)   Wish i could get some now a days .... 

I was checking out my old albums (you know them big vinyl things) and I opened up my zepplin 2 album and found a bunch of seeds and a little shake from back in the day!  I wonder if they would have popped?  oh well I thru them out any hoo, but there was also and old roach I did get to take a few hits off of that, coulda woulda shoulda been  red bud, or gold bud or rainbow lol!

Peace