California City Orders Pot Dispensaries To Give Low Income Individuals Free Weed

So move to a country that isn't capitalistic. Go to the UK.  How many times do I have to tell you all that Pharm companies DO give free meds to those that can't afford them? Shoe on a different foot now? So then all you growers are now rich greedy people because you don't want to be TOLD you must give a portion away? You wanted it,you got it. This is just the beginning of Govt control. Now people will look at you as you look at Pharm companies....making money off the sick.  "You didn't build that." Sound familiar?

Grassmatch orders police departments to donate confiscated/stolen marijuana to the sick and needy. Like confiscating corn  grown from illegal seed(?) only to burn it while children starve. I know what book these dopes follow, and I wont subscribe. No other for profit business is forced to provide free product to those who do not pay.  I am slowly regretting even corresponding with the state concerning my medical needs. I like to think I am part of a solution, but I'm just not feeling it much.

Edited by grassmatch

So move to a country that isn't capitalistic. Go to the UK. How many times do I have to tell you all that Pharm companies DO give free meds to those that can't afford them? Shoe on a different foot now? So then all you growers are now rich greedy people because you don't want to be TOLD you must give a portion away? You wanted it,you got it. This is just the beginning of Govt control. Now people will look at you as you look at Pharm companies....making money off the sick. "You didn't build that." Sound familiar?

I'm not even sure where to begin with the post.

Watch this re public welfare, antibiotics & the profit motives of big pharma... it's a pbs frtontline documentary.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/hunting-the-nightmare-bacteria/

How come every single time I inform people about pharma giving people their RXs  or giving them a much lower price nobody listens and just gets mad at me? When I was on Embrel,a very expensive biologic,Amgen-Pfizer gave me my supply for 10 bucks a month. Usual price is 2500.00 a month for 4 weekly injections. Same with the ostomy supply makers. Also very expensive,3.00 per pouch. They won't do it for people on welfare,only for people like us that are low income and have tremendous medical bills,with crappy insurance coverage. Don't forget,I have to include my MMJ in with my other med expenses. Don't we deserve a break too? My illness is a part of our lives,it always has been. The State won't help me,the Feds won't help me,so if I make it another couple years I go on Medicare. I can't get help from the State,my Husband makes 367.00 a year OVER the limit to get any help. Any help I got was because I looked for it. I don't and didn't ask my CG for a discount. Nor did he offer one.If I don't have the money,I go without. That includes my RXs and DR visits......I take the STAR bus because we have one car. We pay for this service in our taxes,now I need to use it,and do. Why is what I say so offensive? I have been ill my whole life. It IS part of my life whether I like it or not. It controls my life,I don't control it,even though I try to. I am just trying to tell you all that there is some help out there from the companies. You just have to ask. Can I ask anybody here for a discount or free MMJ? No. So why I am I the bad guy? I am not trying to hurt anybodys feelings,or critisize them,I am just telling the truth.

Jointed, based on what u just stated, yeah, you should get a discount on mj, and I wouldn't have been offended by your asking, if I were ur cg or dispo provider. At the very least, someone ought to work w u on floats during cashflow issues. Just to say that all seems reasonable (compassionate) to me.

Just to clarify... I typed 'welfare' to mean general public well being, not any sort of govt program. Watch the vid... basically it is showing what happens when a corp uses profits (almost exclusively) to make key business decisions, and what the potential consequences are to society as a whole. Just brought that up to address the concern of allowing money to drive behaviors, esp in a matter that has extended consequences.

But, I am glad the drug companies are subsidizing ur meds. darn straight they should when looking at the billions they generate & the tens of millions key executives make annually.

Indigro,I wouldn't ask because I see pts in worse shape than I am and they need help. And I do see CGs offering discounts for veterans.I will share what I have with anybody,I have handed out candies that I paid for to senior citizens. Not intending to break the law,but I did. And they loved them. So,if they want me to,I will help them get their cards.But that's ALL I can do legally. Even old folks think this law is ridiculous. And I wonder if a Dr would have an age cut off point where they would not sign. DR. BOB,what is your take on MMJ and geriatric pts? I want to help these people if they ask me to. They say to me"this is just candy,whats the big deal?" and I have to tell them that I am bound by the law and cannot sell or give them to anybody.You should hear a bunch of over 70 year olds,they get all peed off and even swear! Most of them drink and smoke cigs! And they VOTE.                                                        And yes I did watch the video,it made sense to me.Look up how long it takes the FDA to approve new drugs. Maybe if the Feds would get rid of that time waiting,more people can live. Look how long and how many people died because of HIV and AIDS. Pts have to go to Canada or Mexico to get drugs that are STILL waiting for approval by the FDA. You have to understand that pharm companies MUST work with them,the FDA decides when the drug can be released to the public. The FDA also approved the first drug to treat Aids,and it ended up killing a lot of people because the dosage was too high. Nobody cared because then it was a "gay" disease. Now we know it isn't,it includes all humans and now we have Ebola,another deadly disease in our country. No cure. Pharm is like something you hate and love at the same time. IMHO,the Govt should butt out and let pts make the choice. All rx drugs are poison and have side effects. Let the person suffering decide whether it is worth it or not. Not some govt suit and tie guy. No offence meant,this is just my own view as a medical pt.

don't you remember the Canada medication stores all over the place before medicare?  buy candian and save half! they said. you could drive to Canada and buy the same name drugs from Walmart in Canada for half the price for a decade this flourished. I'm surprised anyone with the chemical romance has missed that, it was a huge savings for millions of seniors.

Thanks,I will do that. Our FDA has so many roadblocks to releasing new meds it is ridiculous. Some people don't have the benefit of TIME to wait for new drugs and are willing to take the chance of side affects.

always keep in mind that our machine does not fail because of prescription drug deficiencies.

Side effects are not "side" at all, but undesired. In chem class there is no such thing as side effects, only desired and undesired. we shouldn't be fooled into diminishing and forgiving these effects as part of the deal, but more like an expected ailment that will also require more drugs to manage in our lifestyle.

The same drug sold for prostate issues was then marketed

later(after the patent expired(?) as a hair growth drug, the "nasty" side effect that was listed with the original.

I'm always lookin out for ya foxy!

I have a close family member who works for the largest drug testing company in the world, and yes the US pays way, way more than other countries for drugs. The reason for this is that the other countries refuse to pay the high prices. They have Socialized Medicine and their governments negociate the price they will pay for a drug. If the drug company refuses to sell at the price the government wants the governments just say no thanks - they wont allow the drug into their country. End of story. So we end up paying super high prices to make up for all the countries that pay so little, and folks your government allows this. So the next time you have to pay higher prices for insurance remember that the rest of the world is being subsidized by you!

So how is that new? We have been "subsidizing" since FDR introduced all his social programs,like SS,the biggest Ponzi scheme ever. Then the country would buy from whoever is the lowest priced? Like China? You said largest "drug testing" company,which one would that be? The USA has the FDA to supposedly clear drugs for human use. It usually takes 5 years. And who runs the FDA? The Govt does. Kinda like running on a hamster wheel. Everybody gets some except the poor schmuck that is sick.

who runs the FDA you ask?

well I've read that CEO's form major big pharma corps put their time in both sectors, and even switch back and forth. Physicians that work for both industries are also popular choices for the FDA board. It amazes me that the both "food" and "drugs" are made and approved by the same people in our country while he television is dominated by law suits claiming prescription deaths.  what a rabbit hole

^^^ Yes indeed gm. Hand selected for those agencies, with a guaranteed cush salary + benefits afterwards, all for control over favorable policies & oversight.

Thanks,I will do that. Our FDA has so many roadblocks to releasing new meds it is ridiculous. Some people don't have the benefit of TIME to wait for new drugs and are willing to take the chance of side affects.

These are called entrance barriers... make too onerous & too expensive to develop & bring a product to market as a means to limit competition from potential start ups. The rhetoric is that it is for our 'safety', yet we see every year how varying drugs that make it through have adverse effects & recalled. And the drug companies tout these 'hurdles' as justification for high prices. Yet, in reality, they want/desire these policies as it truly impedes innovation from the smaller guys.

It is happening in mmj too. Just look at IL, they have instituted massive entry barriers, big dollar escrow. That's to keep out the little guys/competition. Ahhh... American free market capitalism at it's finest.

You're RIGHT,I have no idea what I am talking about and have no knowledge of any govt run and appointed industry.   I'm stupid and you are all much smarter than me. I give up. Say UNCLE. You're the winner and I am the loser. Find someone else to fight with,I don't have any fight left, okay? Enjoy my absence and find someone else to spew on.