Lawmakers A No-Show To Medical Marijuana Tour

I disagree. This is a non violent resistance.  Fighters such as overholt, usually  perform what others perceive as 'radical acts' and usually serve time.  Civil rights must be fought for and are rarely handed out.

Sure.  Be silent on the issue and don't educate people.  Sounds like the best way to get something done.

well garyfisher, then come to the capitol and make your voice heard.

personally I think the times call for diplomacy, not fighting or non violent resistance.

are you in jest?

no offense buddy, but diplomacy is what lobbying and negotiations and law making are all about....

diplomacy is what lobbying and negotiations and law making are all about....

I knew a woman who was lobbying in Lansing and ACORN was there screaming and shouting at the representatives. She got on the elevator and a few reps got on behind her. They all expressed relief at getting away from the "nuts" with the signs. She on the other hand had a short but productive conversation with them and was able to set up future talks.

The boisterous ACORN folks were dismissed out of hand because of their behavior. As I'm sure those who blatantly break the law will be. Especially in what appears on the face of it to be nothing more than a poorly conceived commercial venture.

How many accepted his invitation again?

I don't personally feel the government has any legitimacy, to me they're just like any other gangsters but larger and more organized. But when dealing with them you are on their turf and you play by their rules.

Some of the stuff you guys say is suspect. It just rings narc, cop, undercover, snitch, rat, ect. Like a lot of you don't even sound like stoners at all.

IMO

Just saying. Always crying about people makeing money, or growing pounds, or makeing oil, or opening shops. There drug dealers, the criminals, blah blah blah. Cops talk like that.

Like were the f were you before it was medical, were do you think this came from, it just shot out some ones arse.

Like really take your law abiding bs and hop off the canna ban wagon, or least stfu with your good job having arse.

You think this hole medical thing happened just out of no ware. Educate your self!

Og!

Ps that dude is idiot, but you have to admit he's got balls. More balls than most of you.

Which one of you saps, said they hate us cuz we obey the law, and we do what we do and they hate us cuz there bad guys and drug dealers. STFU NARC your hateing on him cuz you ain't got the balls to do what he does.

People who led the underground railroad did so against the law.   darn those people breaking unjust laws!  Where would we be without law breakers..  The founding fathers of the revolution would be rolling in their graves right now.

I have no moral problem with breaking the law, I just don't think it's a productive method of impressing those who make the law.

Do you think that they might get it into their heads that if he's breaking the current law publicly on a large scale that he might just try to push the envelope on the new one and add a few more restrictions just to head him off?

Nor do I think protest marches do any good unless there are thousands of people marching. Even then I think their effectiveness is debatable.

If the founding fathers were alive today they'd all be in prison for being terrorists.

I've grown tired of people using the line, "Oh, as if you never used cannabis before it was legal."  There is a huge difference between the guy smoking some herb at home, even growing his own, while keeping to himself vs. someone like the person we're discussing here.

I'm all for civil disobedience to try to change things.  But don't throw others in the community under the bus in the process.  How many times have we now heard statements such as the guy in question made?  "I grow a lot of cannabis because NO ONE in this state is able to meet their patients' demands."  or "We need to get grow rooms out of basements because they are dirty and dangerous."  Or "we need to require lab testing."  These are all greedy people saying whatever they think will stick to try to get their way.

And hey, Cap. Kush, give some thought to the fact that this is a medical MJ site.  Not a stoner MJ site.  Maybe "stoners" don't mind people throwing them under the bus.  I don't know because I'm not a stoner; I'm a medical marijuana patient.  You really shouldn't expect a stoner response from members of this website.  Most of us who are true patients try to improve the image of medical cannabis.  Calling us "stoners" and people misrepresenting patients and caregivers while flaunting their law-breaking only tarnish our image.  I don't care if "stoners" want to talk that way - just don't do it under the name of medical marijuana, as many of us go to great lengths to preserve/enhance our image.  That, and with 67% of voters approving the law, it is clear that the law was passed by far more "non-stoners" than "stoners."

It would be nice if people would just be honest.  Want to make a fortune selling cannabis? - fine with me.  But don't make crap up to justify it.  Don't pretend like no one else can provide that service, and don't try to scare patients into thinking that caregivers grow dangerous meds - just be honest and say "Hey, I'm pretty good at making cannabis medicines and I hope to make some money while helping others."  Why do we find so many in MJ business who pretend that are motivated only by altruistic reasons?  It seems unique in this business.  It seems that most medical professionals, military folks, teachers, etc. all acknowledge that they get satisfaction from helping others, but they don't put on this front that the only reason they are in that line of work is to help other people

Edited by Highlander

I have no moral problem with breaking the law, I just don't think it's a productive method of impressing those who make the law.

Do you think that they might get it into their heads that if he's breaking the current law publicly on a large scale that he might just try to push the envelope on the new one and add a few more restrictions just to head him off?

Nor do I think protest marches do any good unless there are thousands of people marching. Even then I think their effectiveness is debatable.

If the founding fathers were alive today they'd all be in prison for being terrorists.

Bingo.  I have no trust for the greedy guy who claims that no one in Michigan is growing enough meds to treat their patients.  He is either an ignorant fool or he is lying.  In either case, it would be foolish to trust him and his motives.  If he doesn't care that he is trashing patients and caregivers so he can make more money, will a dispensary law with the likely limitations be good enough for him?  Probably not.

Cap kush you're a making whoopee idiot. It's the old you're a cop thing now. Don't know who you are to tell people to educate themselves when you have 10 misspelled words in your post. Funny thing is the last word you used before you wrote educate yourself was misspelled and even in the sentence educate yourself you wrote your self. You do know how dumb you look right? I'm not the world's best speller myself but you don't see me looking like I'm uneducated all the while yelling at people to educate themselves.

I don't see anyone crying about people making money. I see people crying about creeps claiming that patients and caregivers can't grow enough to meet patient demands or that grows are done in unsanitary or poor conditions. A little reading comprehension goes a long way before you open your mouth.

You're a 1st class loser.

You really shouldn't expect a stoner response from members of this website.  Most of us who are true patients try to improve the image of medical cannabis.  Calling us "stoners" and people misrepresenting patients and caregivers while flaunting their law-breaking only tarnish our image.  I don't care if "stoners" want to talk that way - just don't do it under the name of medical marijuana, as many of us go to great lengths to preserve/enhance our image.

I think that there is a divide between those who truly use cannabis as medicine and those who use the law as a shield. I have no problem with the law being used as a shield, unjust laws deserve no respect and should be treated accordingly. Any port in a storm.

The problems arise because there are two different agendas, one that uses the medicinal aspect as a subterfuge to advance legalization and one that seeks to further medicinal use.

Both are legitimate means to an end but I'm afraid the euphemisms like "compassion" and "medicating" are used too casually and create confusion.

Id love to troll and comment all of you, but I don't have the time. ;)

I know I can't spell. It's old, Greg has pointed that out numerous times.

I want to make money growing cannabis. That's it. I don't want a store front. I just want to package pounds and drop them off.

I grow great weed. AWSOME meds.

Best of the best.

I don't just grow, I make bunny muffin.

That's what I want to do to support myself.

I love doing it, and I love the fact that when people smoke my headies, there like WOW this is the best ever.

That dudes weed was garbage.

An yes you can grow good meds in a basement, if you take the time and create an inviroment that suitable.

The problim with unsafe meds is, that there are a lot of cg's producing meds, with non safe methods. We need testing. Pm mold and pesticides should not be in any ones weed. Flat out. Produce med quality headies, and that won't be a issue.

Stoners med pataints it's all the same to me, I grow pot becouse it's the right thing to do. It pays the bills or rather it would if they passed these bills, I enjoy it, and it makes people happy.

An they people that want to stop it, it's not going to happen. Becouse every day, we make more dip defecates like the one were talking about in this thread.

We are legion.

Og!