No Power For Three Days !

trichcycler

Been out since Fri. @ 9:00 PM , I was able to pick up a 6K watt generator saturday . The gas station is full of people with 1 & 5 gal. cans 'round these parts . Just got phone & internet earlier this afternoon . Still no 120/240 yet , but I saw some service trucks in th area . It won't be long now  :goodjob: 

I feel for you man. hang in there, I read online ours is back on @ 11:30p tonight.

I have two 10k gens, one for the garden and one for the house. wish they were auto's but we don't have propane here

so no tank. I did get the house/barn plug ins to make it easier. Costs near 30$ per day to feed them 6a-12a.  I got a whole new appreciation

for the power company prices.

I have power but my honda 3500 has a 3.5 gallon gas tank, it lasts longer than 20 hrs per tank, I have never run it out, I have had it on for at least 22 hrs and not ran out of gas, them big loud ones only have like an 8 hr tank on them usualy, you dont need propane for one that hookes up and comes on auto for your whole home, they hook em up to natural gas!

Peace

my home is 100% electric. It takes an incredible investment to haul in a propane tank and natural gas generator/hook up for a single purpose. But I'll do it just as soon as I check my next winning lootto ticket  pic is correct, no gas offered here.

one gen has a Honda motor, it lasts twice as long as the other with same size tanks, a briggs and Stratton. I had a 5k yrs ago that would go all day and all night with no issues, but the 10 k running ac units, dehumidifiers, 1000 watt lights naturally use more fuel to keep up. My house 10k is running a hot water tank periodically, my drying storage room, coffee pot, electric dabber(Herb Iron), tv /satellite once in awhile, well pump and wifi.  about a dollar(edit-and a half) an hour to keep both running/producing.

I could add the controller between the gens(two controllers now) to automate the show I suppose, they are both electric start,  but fear electricians and permit inspectors on that job.  so I'll enjoy generator dabs today, in between gasoline fill ups!

Edited by grassmatch

It costed 8500.00. Our old house had new gas lines run up 300 ft by the former owner......... otherwise we would have put in a propane one. It has paid for itself in the 9 years we have had it. Sump pump and well pump are electric,so a flooded basement would mean catastrophy for us. Water heater and furnace are gas and up on pallets. We found out the hard way how much damage ground water can do. Good luck if the electricity goes,you won't find any gasoline to pump.

ewww, grow friends?  that could open a can of worms. I'd do it though if I didn't have options, if I had friends,......ones with gardens  :yahoo-wave:

before I had  generators I would move all of the plants to the outdoors during the day and back in at night, once, before I had generators.

They were all in hydro so I practiced hand watering.

ewww, grow friends?  that could open a can of worms. I'd do it though if I didn't have options, if I had friends,......ones with gardens  :yahoo-wave:

before I had  generators I would move all of the plants to the outdoors during the day and back in at night, once, before I had generators.

They were all in hydro so I practiced hand watering.

You probably didnt need much practice, I bet your dominate hand gets lots of work outs!!!! bawahahahahaha!

Peace