The Times They Are A Changing...

it only seemed right to post this here...

I was out of town visiting a fellow club member and to help him get to the hospital to see his wife who is in intensive care fighting for her life

it was a very intense situation that was beyond my experience

after going through that we got pulled over on our way home...

although completely sober the tags and registration were expired...

a ticket had already been issued for that violation (that was still outstanding)

then one of the officers noticed a bottle of 5 or 6 joints on the back seat

when questioned the driver stated that it was marijuana and handed the officer his MMMA card

we were then told to sit tight as they went back to the squad car

as thefriend started to panic I assured him that these where young cops and tha t they everything was going to be OK

he thanked me for my optimism as he started to get more worked up

just then the officers returned to tell the driver that if he didn't pay his fines and get the registration up to date that he might end up with a warrant out on him he then gave the bottle of joints back and warned him that the meds needed to be kept in a locked box

I took my sunglasses off and shook the hand of the officer standing outside the window and thanked him for being a good and fair human being

and we drove away with a couple of warnings

thank Michigan voters and the officers in Genesee County

I'm darn happy to be here!

thanks for having me!

Respect!

Edited by kindfolk

Congratulations . Truth be told , you have no Idea how lucky you are . Besides the cannabis being in plain view and within reach , the man could have placed the driver under arrest , issued a citation for improper plates & towed their vehicle to storage for safety until you made everything legal again . Count your blessings ! 

Congratulations . Truth be told , you have no Idea how lucky you are . Besides the cannabis being in plain view and within reach , the man could have placed the driver under arrest , issued a citation for improper plates & towed their vehicle to storage for safety until you made everything legal again . Count your blessings !

I do know how lucky we are...

I've had many bad experiences with the law

enough to know that I felt like the Jedi mind trick FINALY worked! LOL

but I would like to also think that the way this situation was handled is indicative of what's to come

a sign of the times!

I may be a fool...

but I BELIEVE!

I do know how lucky we are...

I've had many bad experiences with the law

enough to know that I felt like the Jedi mind trick FINALY worked! LOL

but I would like to also think that the way this situation was handled is indicative of what's to come

a sign of the times!

I may be a fool...

but I BELIEVE!

Love that attitude , Ya gotta BELIEVE !   :goodjob:  :thumbsu: 

EDIT: L M A O @ Jedi mind trick , I know the feeling .  :lol: 

Edited by knucklehead bob

I don't like the way the majority of mj offenses in a vehicle seem discovered using equipment failures as cause for the pull over.
Its like a tell tale sign for the cops already. it's like "ha, his light is burned out, bet he's transporting illegally". We need to get the word out to those who are not aware:

If one must drive illegally, please put the herb in a case in the trunk. One of these cases has cost the sick plenty, we don't need any more changes or court opinions I think. :hair:

I don't like the way the majority of mj offenses in a vehicle seem discovered using equipment failures as cause for the pull over.

Its like a tell tale sign for the cops already. it's like "ha, his light is burned out, bet he's transporting illegally". We need to get the word out to those who are not aware:

If one must drive illegally, please put the herb in a case in the trunk. One of these cases has cost the sick plenty, we don't need any more changes or court opinions I think. :hair:

Easily rectified ! I do a walk around to check my lights every couple weeks . It is part of any maintenance routine just like checking your oil and air in your tires . I am constantly telling people on the road @ stop lights of non functional lights and near flat tires . 

Edited by knucklehead bob

kindfolk, thank you for sharing this with us!

Awesome ending what could have potentially been very bad!

Jedi mind trick.. love it!  And, I am familiar! ;)

You are truly 'kindfolk'  "I was out of town visiting a fellow club member and to help him get to the hospital..."

This is what community is all about imho!

It is important for us to remember to keep our meds per the law

while traveling, I agree.  It is good practice to check our vehicles

regularly for bulbs out etc.. w/e may make us vulnerable to leo

while traveling... whether transporting meds or not... true this.

In a perfect world... yep, none of us ever has 'one of those days'

where our emotional mind is in the forefront and we are rather

discomboobilated over situations in our lives...

ie;

"...to see his wife who is in intensive care fighting for her life it was a very intense situation that was beyond my experience"

:blow-a-heart:

Edited by imiubu

Its sad that chickenshit cops feel the need to bust every1 on minor things. Theres a few good cops out there but it don't matter I still hate cops. There was Nazi soldiers that didn't agree with hitler but I still hate Nazis. Minor infractions shouldn't lead to anything when its victimless. The state shouldn't be tryna protect me from myself.

Easily rectified ! I do a walk around to check my lights every couple weeks . It is part of any maintenance routine just like checking your oil and air in your tires . I am constantly telling people on the road @ stop lights of non functional lights and near flat tires .

I agree 100% ^

some of the best advice I was ever given was from a friends dad when we were still in high school

he simply said, "...boys don't break the law, when you're breaking the law"

at the time I simply didn't get it...

I dont know if I thought it sounded cool or what but for some reason it stuck

unfortunately back then I thought I was invincible and had to learn the hard way the wisdom he was trying to share with us

seems I had to learn many lessons in life that way...

vehicle maintainence, proper tags and registration and not giving them a reason

be smart and safe folks!

thank y'all for the kind words and encouragement!

I'm glad to have joined this community of like minded folks

thanks for making me feel so welcome :)

yeah well, then a year later you find out you have outstanding warrant for improper transport because those cops reported it to prosecutor...

Not happening t-pain. These storm troopers went their way as though nothing had happened, and no paper trail. My hat is off to these guy.

Interesting today was a delivery of a hospital bed. The truck driver and I had a fun conversation. It turns out that he will be qualifying for hire by the MSP. I thought he had a great attitude and made the point that I would like for him to avoid abusive policing. He quite convincingly said that is his intention. I believe him. Once, however, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.