Dispensary

pics sampling some new grass now. He's diggin' the r greenthumb's Iranian fast flower.

Will you share some of the hottest strain names in your area?

Is Colorado on board with using tissue cultures yet, in the dispensary arena?

Thanks for the learning opportunity, I've been meaning to do just the opposite, in a forum near you.

Here is how to be a CG in == Colorado Medical Marijuana Caregivers

CaregiverImage.jpg

What is a Primary Caregiver?

A caregiver is any person who has significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a patient.  Potential medical marijuana patients may designate a “primary caregiver” as part of their application for a Colorado medicinal marijuana card. The caregiver will have significant responsibility for managing the well-being of the patient using medical marijuana, there are no other special requirements.  Caregivers must be at least 18 years old, although there is no requirement that the caregivers have specific medical training or background.  You are not required to designate a caregiver, although if you do it must not be the patient or the patient’s physician.

As stated above, caregivers must be designated on the initial application by the patient for a medical marijuana license.  To select a caregiver after becoming a state-licensed patient, the Patient must submit a change of Address or Caregiver form to the Health Department’s Medical Marijuana Registry.  That form is available by clicking this link  

Caregiver Rights and Protections

After approval by the Health Department, caregivers are entitled to manufacture or possess medical marijuana in order to provide that medicine to the patient.  From then on both the patient and the caregiver are protected from state or local prosecution for possession or cultivation of marijuana that is used for medical purposes subject to the states guidelines for allowable quantities (no more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana, and no more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana).      

Medical marijuana patients listed on the state registry have the right to grow up to six plants themselves or have a caregiver grow up to six plants for them. At (CMM) we know that locating a competent medical marijuana caregiver in Colorado can be a difficult task, even when you do know where to start. If you have any more questions regarding selecting a qualified primary caregiver or would like more information about this subject, feel free to contact us today.

Our staff can get you pointed in the right direction and get you the information needed to get the care and medicine you need. If you are searching for a caregiver or you are in need of a new caregiver in Colorado then please contact one of our highly trained and highly motivated staff members today! (303) 625-4012 -staff@coloradomedicalmarijuana.com

Dont look so cool to me,, but then again, just go to the local legal outlet.. if they have some in stock.. saddle up to the bar pardner...  News from the Colo.. front lines..--- 

Dozens of families who moved to Colorado to treat their severely disabled children with a special kind of marijuana could lose access to the treatment under new rules proposed by the state health department.

The proposed rules would stop medical marijuana caregivers from serving more than 10 patients at a time. Current rules allow for caregivers to serve more if they obtain a waiver.

Only four of Colorado's 2,896 caregivers currently serve more than 10 patients, according to state figures. The caregiver who said he serves the most patients, a Boulder County man named Jason Cranford, has nearly 90.

Most of Cranford's patients, though, are children with severe seizure disorders, he said. Cranford provides them with a non-psychoactive marijuana oil extract that is rich in a compound called CBD. He makes the extract from a plant he named Haleigh's Hope, after one of his patients whose mom credits the treatment with saving her daughter's life.

If the rules pass, Cranford said he'd be forced to jettison dozens of patients.

"I pray that she'd be in that 10," said Haleigh's mother, Janea Cox. "But I just don't know. How can you choose between kids? These are kids' lives."

The Board of Health will hold a public hearing on the proposed rules Sept. 16, and Cox said she expects numerous families to protest the rules at that meeting.

Looks like they got the same BS going on there...

Edited by Willy

Dont look so cool to me,, but then again, just go to the local legal outlet.. if they have some in stock.. saddle up to the bar pardner...  News from the Colo.. front lines..--- 

Dozens of families who moved to Colorado to treat their severely disabled children with a special kind of marijuana could lose access to the treatment under new rules proposed by the state health department.

The proposed rules would stop medical marijuana caregivers from serving more than 10 patients at a time. Current rules allow for caregivers to serve more if they obtain a waiver.

Only four of Colorado's 2,896 caregivers currently serve more than 10 patients, according to state figures. The caregiver who said he serves the most patients, a Boulder County man named Jason Cranford, has nearly 90.

Most of Cranford's patients, though, are children with severe seizure disorders, he said. Cranford provides them with a non-psychoactive marijuana oil extract that is rich in a compound called CBD. He makes the extract from a plant he named Haleigh's Hope, after one of his patients whose mom credits the treatment with saving her daughter's life.

If the rules pass, Cranford said he'd be forced to jettison dozens of patients.

"I pray that she'd be in that 10," said Haleigh's mother, Janea Cox. "But I just don't know. How can you choose between kids? These are kids' lives."

The Board of Health will hold a public hearing on the proposed rules Sept. 16, and Cox said she expects numerous families to protest the rules at that meeting.

Looks like they got the same BS going on there...

The "Establishment" just doesn't want to give it up. They have a bias against marijuana that has been ingrained in them through 40 years of government propaganda and, against all scientific arguments, they still believe the government line. It is truly surreal.

I thought that when science showed all the government arguments to be bunk that prohibitionists would come around and admit that marijuana isn't even 1/2 as bad as the government makes it out to be, but this ingrained bias is like religion to the prohibitionists. No matter how logical and reasonable the argument against it is, the true believers will never give in because, to them, just believing in something makes it real. Surreal...

That is the third time I had to say that??????

welcome

both to the forums... and the mindset of those whose medication sends them into the potentially disastrous whirlwind of repeated phrases once they have a thought in thy head...  :)

glad your here.. i for one am totally interested in how things are going in CO.

i am sorta jealous..

i thought full on legal might not be a great idea.... then you all did it.. and i see the wonderful mechanism for which people can enter the industry and i am excited to hear of the prospects..

thank you for coming and explaining some of it to us.

i saw on tv the vigorous system of checks and balances they are requiring for the sales... tracking systems from seed/clone to sale.

have you found these systems to be restrictive to the point they have resulted in a loss of potential revenue, or are they more a PITA system that needs to be implemented to "contain" the possible "cash" side of the cannabis industry.

are the rules doable?  i mean i know they are being done.. but in your opinion as a master grower in charge of a significant operation do you see a positive future for our plant and medicine or do you see a lot of destructive situations that may act to destroy this new system?

I feel that the laws are all in place so the state can maximize the amount of taxes they get. It is working for them but for me being the gardener it is ALOT of work to keep everything straight. I mean alot instead of getting to work with the plants I would say that I spend 50% of my time doing paperwork and tracking things most dispensaries have had to hire one or two additional people to be able to do things the way they have to be done. So the industry is hurting because of it all of that cost is passed on to the patients. So the bottom line is that it hurts the patients so that the state can make the most $$.

I don't feel that LEO is wasting there time with weed anymore I'm sure there are a few busts of people being stupid but I have not heard of any. Users can do as they wish in privacy obviously. There is no more possession tickets if your not smoking in public. Also anyone out of state can purchase a 1/4 a day. So set your vacations up to come here you have 200-300 dispensaries that deal in recreational use throughout the state.

So the industry is hurting because of it all of that cost is passed on to the patients.

The industry is hurting cause state-imposed costs and taxes make bud too expensive?  Thus impeding sales to the point of stores operating at break-even?  Meaning there will be a consolidation and shake-out of the iondustry?  Will Mega Budz 4U franchises get Wall Street funding and drive out the little guys?

I've read that the taxes on mj are so high in CO that the black market continues to operate. How self-defeating is that? One of the benefits of legalization is to eliminate the black market and the crime that goes with it. But as Jonny said, the govt wants to get as much money as it can get, no matter who gets hurt. I hope we don't do that here if dispensaries ever get legalized.