When Is Something Going To Be Done About Drs Not Tx.pain Pts. On Mj?

That is why you keep your records upto date at home, I get mine every 6 months and add them to the many many yrs of mecical records, dont sign anything that allows the mm dr. to contact your real dr. one time I asked my dr, to send copy's for me to an mm dr. they said they needed a sig to send them, I said ok can you fax them to me they said yes, I gave them my mm dr.'s fax number lol true story and no one was the wiser!

Peace

And they say that marijuana users are stupid. Hah! Another fallacy about marijuana users is crushed. This story made me laugh out loud.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, yes, tx. means treatment. I am sorry for using this abbreviation with such a varied audience. I am still looking for a SANE answer to my question.  Why was I drug tested, not told about it before or after, I went to the ER, denied pain medication  when I went in for vomiting, nausea, chest pains, inability to ambulate, high pain scores, inability to keep meds down, yet was only offered Motrin when I am a chronic pain patient being treated with medical marijuana as an adjunct? If I am legal, have my card, how can the health care systems default to federal law and deny me treatment when medically necessary? 

Legal input please?

Why have the hospitals and the physicians associated with the hospitals (some being made to forcibly restrain from tx. medical mj pts) NOT allowing staff to tx. (even in the ER) those pts. on narcotics whether they have a legal medical mj. card or not? Is this not against the mj law and possibly discriminatory against tx. of the disabled and those in pain or other intractable illnesses for which they have obtained the Michigan Medical Marijuana card? Isn't against medical ethics? When are our esteemed leaders going to take the Medical Board on about this ridiculous withholding of tx to anyone who tests positive for cannibinoids legal or not?

I am absolutely appalled that this has gone on for so long with nothing being done about it and so has everyone I have spoken with whether they engage in med. mj or not and health professionals and pain physicians-professionals of all kinds.\\

So, hypothesis on why this is occurring?

At Henry Ford Hospital on Grand Blvd in Detroit i have always tested positive for cannabis, and any mention by staff has been preceeded by the query (Medical use?).  I've always gotten treated, and Medicare has paid their 80%, so where abouts are you talking?   Even my trucker who crashed in Las Vegas, NV in 2005 and tested pos for weed (and more), was treated, first by ER, then with 6 weeks in hospital.

If you are taking a PPI drug,like Nexium or Protonix,and being treated with a drug in that class,you will test positive. Get a Protonix RX from your Dr.Most of the other ones are sold over the counter now. When the TUM and Rolaids stop working,you're ready for an rx. Testing us pts is so ridiculous,and a waste of money. Phaq is right,we have to resort to tricks. No 2nd year resident,can intimidate me. I've had so much practice dealing with drs,mostly cruddy ones,so these are kids,no problem. But if this new one gives me any guff about refilling my Valium RX, I will go right over her head to the boss guy.And if I am not well enough to do that,my daughter will. get this.....they make you PAY before you even go from the big waiting room to the little waiting room. I just give the finger to the cameras in the little waiting rooms. YOU'RE WATCHING ME SIT IN THE WAITING ROOM? WTF? I also practice my middle finger exercise at stop lights so the camera can see it.

• 3 weeks later...
This is what I am saying - why is this going on and where are our attorneys and supportive physicians???They are the only ones that will get the state to change its ways. McLaren Hospital has taken the stance that none of their physicians can certify pts. for cannabis use. The Sparrow Hospital System has a policy of not treating pain patients involved with pain clinics  and not allowing their physicians to prescribe narcotics to pts. testing positive for marijuana, medical or not. The Beal Clinic in Lansing also has the same policy, no narcotics if you test positive for mj and testing is routine. The pain physicians of Sparrow have been told not to provide narcotics to pts who use marijuana. Memorial Hospital in Owosso will not give narcotics to patients who test positive for marijuana. I know - I have chronic pain and achieving adequate control is difficult with all these conflicting constraints. So, I am saying, why isn't something being done for God's sake???

Show message history

What ERs deny treatment if you have marijuana in your system? Would be good to have a list here.

Also I don't think ERs can deny treatment if it is a medical emergency. Maybe they didn't consider your condition an emergency and wanted you to go to your personal dr.

A lot of ERs won't prescribe narcotics unless absolutely necessary because going to the ER is how addicts can get narcotics. Go to the ER Saturday night and theres no way for them to contact your dr and see if you already have a prescription for vicodin or something. Or even if you go during the day on Monday you can tell them you don't have a dr so they can't check. They'll send you home and tell you to follow up with your family dr.

ER's know exactly what scheduled prescrptions you are filling.  They tend to be lazy and not check, but we have the MAPS system.

The Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS) is the prescription monitoring program for the State of Michigan. Prescription monitoring programs are used to identify and prevent drug diversion at the prescriber, pharmacy and patient levels by collecting Schedule 2-5 controlled substances prescriptions dispensed by pharmacies and practitioners.

Collection of this prescription information allows physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, podiatrists and veterinarians to query this data for patient-specific reports which allow a review of the patient's Schedules 2-5 controlled substance prescription records. This enables the practitioner to determine if patients are receiving controlled substances from other providers and to assist in the prevention of prescription drug abuse.

Prescription data collected by pharmacies and dispensing practitioners is stored into a secure central database within the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. Only those persons authorized by Section 333.7333a of the Michigan Public Health Code are allowed access to the information contained in the MAPS database, which includes health professionals and law enforcement agencies.

Online registration to MAPS is required to submit prescription data electronically and to request patient controlled substance history reports.