Need A Big Favor

That sad time has come when my only child, my daughter, leaves home and goes off to college. The bad part for both of us is that the school is in southern California and neither one of us will be able to afford to fly to see each other very often, including holidays, birthdays, etc.. I'm a single dad and have raised her myself since she was three, so we're very close. In the process of getting ready for the move, she came up with a great idea. She suggested we drive out to CA together and have me fly back. She even found me a really cheap airline ticket. Now, here's my problem. We're leaving on Saturday the 20th and I'm getting back early morning on Saturday the 27th. I need a place to park my pickup for the week, as I can't afford parking fees at the airport and don't know anyone in the Detroit area. Then I need someone to pick me up at the airport on the 27th and take me back to my truck. My daughter will pick me up when I drop off my truck, as we'll be driving out west in her car. Naturally I will be happy to pay for such services, either in cash or another commodity we're all familiar with. 

If anyone can help me, please PM me. Thank you!

That sad time has come when my only child, my daughter, leaves home and goes off to college. The bad part for both of us is that the school is in southern California and neither one of us will be able to afford to fly to see each other very often, including holidays, birthdays, etc.. I'm a single dad and have raised her myself since she was three, so we're very close. In the process of getting ready for the move, she came up with a great idea. She suggested we drive out to CA together and have me fly back. She even found me a really cheap airline ticket. Now, here's my problem. We're leaving on Saturday the 20th and I'm getting back early morning on Saturday the 27th. I need a place to park my pickup for the week, as I can't afford parking fees at the airport and don't know anyone in the Detroit area. Then I need someone to pick me up at the airport on the 27th and take me back to my truck. My daughter will pick me up when I drop off my truck, as we'll be driving out west in her car. Naturally I will be happy to pay for such services, either in cash or another commodity we're all familiar with. 

If anyone can help me, please PM me. Thank you!

i m in detroit, have space for your truck, but have no vehicle myself.   if i had a veh, could fiil yer order to meet you at the airport.   i'm west of downtown detroit 3 miles.

Edited by pic book

Hey pic are'nt you like under the troll booth at the bridge bawahahahahaha!  im sorry  that is what fort and junction means to my in head gps hehehehe!  you prob had a few vehicles got tired of replacing tires eh?

realy though a great offer bro!

wish I could help ya, have thought of another airport like the one in midland or the other one by flint!?!

Peace

Somebody else out there is as nice as pic is. Lets change the whole FEELING of this site to be like we thought the world would be like when we grew up. In spite of the chaos in the world around us. Look how many have already stepped up for others. It's a good feeling.....for every human being. Let us be needed instead of sick and alone.Help others,animals or human and you help yourself. I know it sounds sappy. Smoke the peace pipe instead of burying the hatchet in someones head.Even on the days when you feel nobody is there, some guy and 2 women drive up your driveway and you have 3 new friends.And then you almost feel normal for a while. Hey pic did you enjoy those cookies?

I'm quite blown away with what has happened. Dr, Bob pm'd me and offered not only to pay for my parking, but to also give me some money for my trip. He told me "I have daughters too". I went up to his clinic in Gaylord today and had the pleasure of meeting his right hand gal, Northerngal, who some of you might remember from this site. She was friendly and gracious, and Dr. Bob had her write me a very generous check. I certainly wasn't asking for money when I made my original post, nor would I, but I was also wondering how I was going to afford this, even doing it on the cheap (I fly Spirit Airlines from LA to Detroit). This would be amazing coming from a friend or family member, but Dr. Bob and I have never met. We only know of each other because of this site. So...THANK YOU DR. BOB!!! Your generosity is deeply appreciated.

A big thank you also to Knucklehead bob, Jointedone, Pic Book, and Annerkey, who all pm'd me with offers, and to all who would have helped if they could. Thank you so much! This does my heart good.  :jig:

Kudos to Dr Bob.  For all the bitching I see on the boards about him I have seen him step up many times. He gave my friend a free cert. 2 years ago because he couldn't afford it. I've also read that he has appeared in court free for low income people in a bind.

I have gotten my cert from Dr. Bob the last 2 times. Was a little further drive than I had to make since Dr Kumar is closer but I'm staying loyal to people who generally care and help. We have to stick together.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let you all know that I had a wonderful trip with my daughter. We saw some amazing sights and arrived safely in California last Thursday. She is the most delightful company and I'm so happy to have had that time with her. I had the chance to hear the president of the university speak to the parents, and talked with some other parents, and it put my heart to rest that she is at the right school. On my return I now know by experience why some flights are called the 'red eye'. Spirit Airlines really packs in the passengers, so there's no room to recline your seat. Makes sleeping even more difficult, but I did get a couple hours worth. Anyone ever see a sunrise from 30,000 feet? Wow. 

I realized after we got to CA that Dr. Bob's gift didn't just make this so much easier for me, it made it possible without going further in debt. Money goes so darn fast anymore. My daughter paid for most of the gas, but we split the motel costs. One day I bought a tank of gas and paid for the motel. It cost me $110. 

Thanks again for the responses and offers. You're a good bunch.