Hi, Im New

dptruck

Hi, Im new to this forum, Im new to the world of medical marijuana. My husband has RSD and I have been doing research on this for him. He takes far too many narcotics and I feel like Im watching him slowly die from them so we have decided to try this for him. Im trying to find my way around the site, Im not really computer savvy. We are looking for a doctor here in Mid Michigan, or anywhere in Michigan, who will prescribe the card, and prescribe his other pain medication. I found one, but they dont deal with any insurance and thats the problem we are having. We need to find one that will accept work comp insurance (out of state work comp) because otherwise, they wont pay for his pain meds anymore. Or a doctor who prescribes pain meds (not cannabis) that doesnt require testing of cannabis, if you understand what I mean? Can someone please point me to the right forum for this or have any ideas, or maybe know someone? I would appreciate any help I can get.

Welcome to the site, I hope you find the outlet your seeking here on the site...

Its going to be a hard battle with finding a Dr. that is ok with both a sig. and a script.. I have been a card holder for like 4 years and I havent seen a Dr. going on 3 years due to mainly being rejected by every Dr. I saw due to my Marijuana use.

I'm not trying to sound negitive just being honest, Seems like its either one or the other pain meds or pot.. notice I said nearly 3 years w/o seeing a dr.. Marijuana works.. I walking proof... pain med free for nearly 3 years!

Trix
:bong2:

congrats trix! :drinking-coffee:That is awsome to me rx free and pain free!

as to the op, I totaly understand what you are going thru and so do many on here, it is almost impossible to find a primary care dr. to approve your mm card and supply meds, but they are out there, most of us get our mm cert from an mm dr, and go to our primary care docs or pain clinics for rx's, most mm dr.s wont be your all around family dr, their is to much to be made in short 100 cash biz to worry about making sure you get proper care also!  no offense to our own dr. on here but he is the same way or I would be going to him!!

I dont know the age bracket your hubby is in, im almost 52 uhggg!  It is alot easier for an older pt who dont blow up their primary care dr's phone for rx's, I have never begged a dr, for anything and refuse to, one thing you need to remember is you are doing this for the right reasons,  you want a natural medication that dont mess you up and get you addicted and maybe die from the thing that is supposed to make you better,  dont tell your family dr. and continue on as nothing has changed,

get your medical records your self, I have 12 yrs worth sitting here, I get my records every 6 months copied and add them to mine and dont give the mm dr. permission to contact your primary care giver.

so get your records and go to a dr. like our dr. bob, he will see you for a follow up to cover the pt/dr relationship, and he will stand up in court for you if you ever need him too!

when you take your medical records to an mm dr. make them take copy's do not give up your records to anyone, keep them for your self so you have them for future needs, you may wind up looking for a new pcg when you get legal and if they ever test for thc, dont sign anything about not getting meds from any other dr. I have never signed such a document and never will!

Best of luck!

Peace

congrats trix! :drinking-coffee:That is awsome to me rx free and pain free!

as to the op, I totaly understand what you are going thru and so do many on here, it is almost impossible to find a primary care dr. to approve your mm card and supply meds, but they are out there, most of us get our mm cert from an mm dr, and go to our primary care docs or pain clinics for rx's, most mm dr.s wont be your all around family dr, their is to much to be made in short 100 cash biz to worry about making sure you get proper care also!  no offense to our own dr. on here but he is the same way or I would be going to him!!

I dont know the age bracket your hubby is in, im almost 52 uhggg!  It is alot easier for an older pt who dont blow up their primary care dr's phone for rx's, I have never begged a dr, for anything and refuse to, one thing you need to remember is you are doing this for the right reasons,  you want a natural medication that dont mess you up and get you addicted and maybe die from the thing that is supposed to make you better,  dont tell your family dr. and continue on as nothing has changed,

get your medical records your self, I have 12 yrs worth sitting here, I get my records every 6 months copied and add them to mine and dont give the mm dr. permission to contact your primary care giver.

so get your records and go to a dr. like our dr. bob, he will see you for a follow up to cover the pt/dr relationship, and he will stand up in court for you if you ever need him too!

when you take your medical records to an mm dr. make them take copy's do not give up your records to anyone, keep them for your self so you have them for future needs, you may wind up looking for a new pcg when you get legal and if they ever test for thc, dont sign anything about not getting meds from any other dr. I have never signed such a document and never will!

Best of luck!

Peace

Thank you Jim

Sorry am not sure if am help.....

Am a pain management patient with a card....My pain docs nurse is the one who put me in this direction....

As I understand it....no doc will write for both...but...there are still some pain meds that docs will write for with a card....

I think for the doc's it a state no no to prescribe more than 1 class level narcs.