I Would Just Like To Share!

I have been experimenting with my bho, I dont use the electic fry pan any longer to get it thinned down or heated up to get rid of the tane,,,,,,I have been using warm tap water, I did it outside in my lil spot (actualy my camper with no juice on) and it was cold as all get up, when Im done with extracting I go fill up a picture of hot/warm sink water and I put my pyrex pan inside of a bigger pan and pour the water in the bigger pan, the tane starts to bubble pretty quick, so I go back in the house wait about 20 mins and do it again, I did it 3 times yesterday, I did not have to heat it up any longer than that and it came out realy nice and clean!

any comments on that!  good and bad or indifferent are welcome!

Peace

edit= I put an aluminum foil cover over the pyrex/oil while doing this, am I stopping terps from getting out, all I know is this time is more potent than last time, but I did not get the yeild I was expecting!

Edited by phaquetoo

aluminum foil is only alerting  aliens to your activities.. If the tane escapes, the terpenes do as well.

hot water is best because it never gets over 212f. its a great regulator in my chemistry.

If I need ti hotter I use a pressure cooker. blah blah, pressure, blah, temperature, blah sea level, blah blah,

your fry pan most definitely does, and maybe overheated the "last batch", or maybe it was a better extraction, product, who knows really.

well I got my camper winterized, I have everything outside done for the winter and Im thinking of a vaca in my head again,,,,watchya think?

I have no responsibiltiys for a few days, I dont have enough to do 3 grms but I have enough to turn on the cartoon channel and relax lol,,,no I lke to watch the national geographic channel, pretty kewl shows on there!

any one else want to chill for a day? break out your goodies and join me lol!

Peace

OH H-E-L-L-S  YES!

Edited by jointedone

aluminum foil is only alerting  aliens to your activities.. If the tane escapes, the terpenes do as well.

hot water is best because it never gets over 212f. its a great regulator in my chemistry.

If I need ti hotter I use a pressure cooker. blah blah, pressure, blah, temperature, blah sea level, blah blah,

your fry pan most definitely does, and maybe overheated the "last batch", or maybe it was a better extraction, product, who knows really.

I dont know how cold it is where your at, but we prob have the same kinda weather, I just live on the north side of the bay, but basicaly we have the same weather as sanilac, the thumb etc,  so basicaly I was trying to keep the heat in also with the aluminum foil plus I have a thing about sheat getting in my oil lol!  but as a rule I was just getting the butane down to a level it could be carried into the house to finish up. last time It was pretty much like this time when I used the water but I came in and heated it also, it wasnt exactly like I like it, looks mainly, potency was good, I used the same stuff as last time but with more lil budds.

I wish I could just use my 1/4 lb extractor but ive not been able to get the right amount of butane through it and I have rerun it before and that is for the birds, so like I said I use one that holds about an oz and one that holds around 2 zips, I use one can on the 1 and 2 cans on the 2 zip one,  Im pretty sure I cant get any thing more from either with more tane, I watch the color and when it starts getting clear I stop pull of the can and just put my finger or thumb over the tane hole and it keeps pushing the liquid out for quite a while,,but the main thing is when I empty them they are both wet and frozen all the way thru, I have ran more thru them but found it in effective and costly! 

I would appreciate all comments from every one on this matter, and dont worry about being neg or pos I truly dont give a phaq lol, Im just looking to learn from others or others mistakes!

Peace

I eagerly await the day you can afford to get a unit that reclaims the tane. no hissing, no finger plugs, no smells, no more buying cans, no spark/fire worries, sealed, creates its own vacuum to instantly purge at a pre set temp, on and on.......you'll be a rockstar ! 

for variance you can warm your buds before the tane, or cool it too, and all temps in between. You'll find your sweet spot quick, I promise.

the temps of the herb, temp of the tane, exposure time of tane to herb, and the amount of butane used will all be determining factor of your "quality" "potency"(by weight), final weight, color, taste, viscosity and effects-all subjective personal choice matters, no "right" way.

warming the bud(109f)=more final weight

warming the tane(109f)faster extraction

warming both = a waxy(dirty) but tasty end

my buddy uses 80f bud, fresh and/or dry

400 grams through 60 grams herbs(butane can is about 80 grams(?)

exposure time about 10 minutes for complete "drain".

sealed, the mixture is warmed 109f and a total 400 gram recovery is about 30 minutes away, stored in its own reservoir for the next use.

The extract is left behind in it's own container ready to use.

I eagerly await the day you can afford to get a unit that reclaims the tane. no hissing, no finger plugs, no smells, no more buying cans, no spark/fire worries, sealed, creates its own vacuum to instantly purge at a pre set temp, on and on.......you'll be a rockstar ! 

for variance you can warm your buds before the tane, or cool it too, and all temps in between. You'll find your sweet spot quick, I promise.

the temps of the herb, temp of the tane, exposure time of tane to herb, and the amount of butane used will all be determining factor of your "quality" "potency"(by weight), final weight, color, taste, viscosity and effects-all subjective personal choice matters, no "right" way.

warming the bud(109f)=more final weight

warming the tane(109f)faster extraction

warming both = a waxy(dirty) but tasty end

my buddy uses 80f bud, fresh and/or dry

400 grams through 60 grams herbs(butane can is about 80 grams(?)

exposure time about 10 minutes for complete "drain".

sealed, the mixture is warmed 109f and a total 400 gram recovery is about 30 minutes away, stored in its own reservoir for the next use.

The extract is left behind in it's own container ready to use.

I have been learning something just about every time I do it since the late 70's, your never to old to learn, ,although im in the mind of I dont need the machine you speak of, I would most def like to recapture my tane, I have been also thinking of doing the alcohol wash and reclaim my extration tool. 

Thanks for your advise and comments!

Peace

edit= what do you think about keif hash vs bubble hash (cold ice extraction)  I think hash made from bubble bags is much better than keif hash, but that is my opinion how about you?

Edited by phaquetoo

thing is, there should be NO difference. The micron size screen is the same in each application. Chances are "keif" is mashed through a screen during collection. If frozen and gently shaken it produces only pure crystals under a microscope with little to none vegetable matter, losing potency by weight.  check my essential tools thread for the "pollen shaker". you just cant do much better for ten times the money even. 

then, google tamisium for great reads.

Hands down my man, dry shake. for the NO water added win, for the mold save, for the mess, the legality, for the hassle, for the ends.

I own a dry ice extraction jig too. it sucks like the hash bags I have.

some times a p.o box is a good thing,,,,remember when we had to order from high times? Back in the day bulbs were the hardest to get, luckily we knew people that worked as electricians and could get bulbs from the ware house!

I ordered everthing for my grow online, everything, my fav place is HTG supply,,,you have one or two within driving distance of you! lansing was the closest to me so I ordered it all online, tents, buckets, lites, nutes,fans, bubblers you name it and I had it delivered right to my front door, and had no probs at all with that!

I beleive they have one in roachville now (roseville lol)

Peace

they don't sell anything like that at the stores. amazon.com, no worries at all. I too ordered my whole grow room online. I used my credit card, and never looked back. you can use a money order too if desired. search pollen sifter on amazon. 12$

dad got his bulbs from those street lamps that were never on in the Chrysler parking lot. high pressure sodiums galore. ballasts too!.

some times a p.o box is a good thing,,,,remember when we had to order from high times? Back in the day bulbs were the hardest to get, luckily we knew people that worked as electricians and could get bulbs from the ware house!

I ordered everthing for my grow online, everything, my fav place is HTG supply,,,you have one or two within driving distance of you! lansing was the closest to me so I ordered it all online, tents, buckets, lites, nutes,fans, bubblers you name it and I had it delivered right to my front door, and had no probs at all with that!

I beleive they have one in roachville now (roseville lol)

Peace

HTGSupply - Retail Store Locations

High Tech Garden Supply is one of the fastest growing indoor gardening suppliers in the United States. With retail locations in 8 states specializing in lighting fixtures for growing plants, you will find many high performance items in our stores that you simply will not find elsewhere. We pride ourselves in keeping pace with the latest developments in the hydroponic / indoor gardening industry. We strive to provide our customers with the best products available at very reasonable prices. We have a huge inventory, and you can count on HTGSupply to provide excellent customer service, to not only help you through the purchase of your items, but also to help you with any issues that may arise after the sale.

Check Out our Stores:

Our large inventory assures that we will have what you need, when you need it, and it also assures that you will get some of the best prices possible. We warranty all of our products ourselves, and will not "pass you off" to the manufacturer if you ever have a warranty issue.

they don't sell anything like that at the stores. amazon.com, no worries at all. I too ordered my whole grow room online. I used my credit card, and never looked back. you can use a money order too if desired. search pollen sifter on amazon. 12$

dad got his bulbs from those street lamps that were never on in the Chrysler parking lot. high pressure sodiums galore. ballasts too!.

I have a 400/600 w digital ballast that can use mh and hps, I have blown out my hps bulbs 2 times in one yr, Is there a certain 600 hps I should be using on this digital ballast or did I screw up getting this one, I wasnt sure if I was going with the 400 or 600 and it could use both well 4 dif bulbs, my mh bulbs dont blow out like the hps,,,,,,,,I bought a 600 watt hps ballast that I was going to put in my budd tent, but when I shut down I let my c.g use the brand new ballast, Im getting ready to start back up and it would realy suck to have to buy 2 or 3 bulbs a yr for 80 bucks, any help would be appreciated,  Im not even asking my c.g for my brand new ballast , He has had it for over a yr and will make it up to me in other ways!

The reason it is taking me so long to get my grow back up,,,,is beause I need to get my ole lady legal again, I was her c.g and I dont want to give up my c.g, things have been a little tight but im getting her rerec'd not renewed hers expired a yr ago, now when I get her legal we will have our pt cards expire a yr apart an if something happens and I can renew my pt card I will at least have a yr of being her c.g left, which will give me plenty of time to get pt legal,  so there ya go that is why im taking my time getting back up and running I will not do it ilegal and I jsut cant give up my c.g he has kept us in meds and I have a real good one!

Peace

ballast brand ?

im feeling kinda stupid now lol, had a pb&j& bho sandwich lmao! 

It came in a kit with an ultra grow 6" cool tube, 600 w hd and hps bulbs included, the ballast says hid electonic ballast, it has a switch on the one end that says 400w and 600w, I can use both hd and hps bulbs in it, I thought it said it was a digital ballast, but its not a magnetic like the old ones....that is what I went out and bought the last time I blew an hps bulb in it, and that is the one my c.g has, I never used it, cost me 200 bucks from a local shop in omar up here, when you blow bulbs or ballasts it nice to be able to drive some where some what close to replace what ever you dont have doubles or triples of, I also have a few t-5 fixtures I was using in my veg tent, I bought that whole deal in a kit, with dwc and I soon went back to dirt lol!

any whooo wooot wooot feeling fine, only put about a grm in the pb ths time!

Peace

Maybe I will try out the 400 w this time would be easier to keep temp control and im in tents any hoo! yea I use t-5's in veg and dont plan on changing that well since im starting over I will veg and budd in the budd tent and do clippings and put them under the t-5's

starting from beans for the first time in yrs and Im looking forward to it!

Peace

Well I had an awsome friday, I used about a gram in my p.b this time,,I was totaly functionable but man I got lost all over this house!!

What is it called when you start doing something and before you can get to it you are doing something else, and in the middle of that you need something so you go looking and get lost again on something else?????   I did that all day yesterday, I finaly had to walk around the whole house and make sure I put things back away before my better half got home,,,,,, I got a hole lot of nothing done, but I did find alot of stuff I forgot I had bawahahahahaha!

any how I found a few things I wouldnt mind getting rid of, I have a lil 6 pot dwc for clones and its the size of a dish washing tub. I have a 3 hole dwc about a 15 or 20 gal tote (veg), I have one 3 gal bucket 2 lids(bloom), for dwc and all the pumps they sent me with the kits, alot of lil air tubes! has baskets in all of the sizes, this is just the cantainers and bubblers,  No nutes, no lights, no nothing else lol!

If you can come get it...its yours!

I might just have to do that again and see what else I have that I can give away or throw away!

edit= I hope that dont break rules, im not selling it im trying to give it away lol!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

I got my pt/lady to try my oil, she woke up with a migrain took her meds for it and after a few hrs she felt a lil better but felt like another was coming on,,,,,I would never tell her not to do her presribed med for migrains but I did suggest trying this oil I have been experimenting with on me, she has smoked it but never took it oraly,  so naturaly I didnt want to give her to much, I didnt want to turn her off from it on the 1st try, but to make sure she got enough I also ate some from the same amount I gave her, It makes me feel awsome, she didnt feel anything and had to take another sumitriptan.  Im like all feeling awsome inside and out and she is getting no effect wtf?

My mode of operation is mostly nonsense but I beleive I have a good amount of common sense bawahahahaha!  at least most of the time!

I can only conclude that it doesnt work the same on her as me or I need to find a diff strain for her!

Ok while on my lil pain free and thought proviking tests with this wonderful medication I do watch the news, I do think of ways to save the world lol and all kinds of realy cool stuff,,,,,,sorry sj about doing all they yaking on the phone yesterday lmao, but im glad for you and yours and your great news!

I was watching a news section about prescription meds and the price of generics rising, I tend to blame that on obama care, but also think it may have something to do with mm and the big pharms are running scared!  Common sense and nonsense is telling me that mm and mmj is gonna be bigger and better and it has them running to make their cash while they can, states are making it out right legal, hell our capital D.C is now legal for all of age!

I/we have always said it would be legal if gov could control it($$$)!  How are they gonna control it if we can do it legaly, they can take our grow rights away, they can make us get our meds from a pharmacy, but if Im allowed to have an oz or 2 legaly on my property how can they possibly stop us from making our own mixtures instead of forcing us to get it else where?

cannabutter is easy and safe to make, tinctures are easy and safe to make, I would love to say oils are easy and safe to make, but Im not gonna go that far, Im thinking anything that takes alcohol or gas at the least is a danger to make, and at the worst if not done right could harm some one using it!  Meanin if the stuff has any of the chemical left in it that it takes to extract it, it could do harm to the pt! done right it will save live's!

I learn somthing every time I make it, and I never have made it around any one but my brother! and with him only one time he makes me nervious lol!  The last time I was any where near his production of bho, he was going to extract it in his garage in the winter with his wood stove going!!!!  I told him he is phaqing nuts and begged him not to, we had just got done vaping, this was way before the law.....I stayed in the house and said I love you dumb arse!  well lucky for him he came back in with it!

PLEASE DONT MAKE BHO AT HOME UNLESS YOU ARE VERY SKILLED AT IT AND ALLONE!

one more thing, I havent smoked or vaped any mm this weekend at all so far, maybe tonite, my experiment is realy making me want to only eat it and not smoke it any longer, I wish I could quit smoking cigs as easy, no I cant do the gum and I have 2 e-cigs sitting here that just dont cut it! plus im leary it taistes like it has antifreeze in it, I guess when I have my 1st heart attack I will have no choice or when the oxygen tanks start coming!

Peace