Rescued Akita Needs Home

wozerdozer

WOZER,get her OFF craigslist. Dog fighters get their dogs there. Seriously,I would put her down before I would let anybody from there take a dog from me. Who knows,she might have already had to fight,she didn't win,so they throw them out like garbage.I understand about the fighting,we have had to have separate kennels for 2 JRTs that tried to kill each other. Is there some you know that can foster her so she isn't upsetting your other dogs?  Did you try PetFinder,you can get to them on FB.

http://www.richlandanimalrescue.org                                                                                                                                                                    http://www.petfinder.com

Hey guys i checked the links out to richland animal rescue and petfinder.

They require the animal to have shown no agression. And part of why i say

no young children is because she once growled at my grand daughter. And

if your not me she gets very agressive toward anyone else that tries to enter

her house kennel or her fenced in back yard kennel. Which is a good deterrent

for burglars. Shes a good watch dog.

Growgoddess that is a very handsom young man you got there. And no she is

not fixed at this time. She would make beautiful babies with your boy there...lol

I would love to find an experienced Akita owner for this girl. She is such a lover

she deserves a good home.

Thank you to everyone who is helping me find her a home.

Wozer

Looks like im running out of options. My only hope is to find the perfect home and owner for her.

Which seems like such an impossibility at this point in time. This is way harder than I thought.

I just wanted to save her life and give her a second chance. I guess ill just keep looking and hoping

someone comes along. Thanks for all the help guys. Wish me luck.

Wozer

Thanks Ozzrock. Greatly appreciated! Oh and by the way i love your avatar.

I was able to see Pantera in concert 4 times before Dimebags unfortunate

death. I had tickets to see Damageplan at the Machine Shop in flint the

night after he was killed. Also saw Ozzy 4 times in concert. 2001 Ozzfest he

was with the original Black Sabbath. Good times rite there!!! :-)

Wozer

Thanks Ozzrock. Greatly appreciated! Oh and by the way i love your avatar.

I was able to see Pantera in concert 4 times before Dimebags unfortunate

death. I had tickets to see Damageplan at the Machine Shop in flint the

night after he was killed. Also saw Ozzy 4 times in concert. 2001 Ozzfest he

was with the original Black Sabbath. Good times rite there!!! :-)

Wozer

I sure we were at many of the same shows together...........

Growgoddess that is a very handsom young man you got there. And no she is

not fixed at this time. She would make beautiful babies with your boy there...lol

I would love to find an experienced Akita owner for this girl. She is such a lover

she deserves a good home.

It is very tempting. I would love to have my own "pack" of Akitas!  Sadly, I would be biting off much more than I could chew or afford. 

There has to be somebody out there for her.

Have you tried contacting any Akita breeders? You can find them on the AKC website. They may have more resources for rescue options.

Wozer a rescue cannot take her because she is aggressive. You have pitties,you know how bad this can turn out. People are afraid of certain breeds because all they see is the bad part that is usually a humans fault. I know there is a Detroit Rescue for pitties,have you tried called Michigan Humane Society over on Clay in Detroit? They may be able to give you some numbers or may even have someone looking for her. Do you think she is someones dog? Then call the Vets around where you live and ask. I know this is time consuming. Rescue is constant posting and calling.Stay away from UNITED STATES Humane Society,they are kill shelters.Try Detroit Humane Society,they are really great people and may be able to help. She could be microchipped. Most Vets have the scanner to check..so do they. I figured you already did that because you took her to a Vet to get sewn up. Hopefully she has been spayed so she is not bred. This is all I know,call everywhere and everybody. Don't put her back on craigslist,there  are some things worse than death for an unwanted dog. If you have to,take her to the Detroit Humane Society. They close early today,tell them the whole story. They hear and see the worst of human cruelty towards animals,and will not judge. You have done more than what a normal person would do,man we could use you in Rescue.

Hello guys. Got some good news. Last week I contacted Blue Moon Akita Rescue.

They got back with me yesterday. I am working with Karena and she is doing

everything in her power to find my girl a safe home. And they are willing to take her in.

Blue Moon Akita is out of Denver Colorado. So getting her there is my next obstacle.

Karena is looking for a sponsor to help get her there. She is looking to see if any other

rescues in michigan can help. I told her the truth about the agression she shows at times

and she is still trying to help me. So wish us luck. :-)

Thanks

Wozer

Theres a million things you guys can do,from driving a "dog leg" meaning helping to transport a Rescue to their new home,that part is the fun part .Donating money, dog and cat food,beds,blankets now that it is getting cold, and believe me puppymills don't give a crap if it is cold out.  I see homeless people whose only friend is a stray like they are. Dogs don't care if you are rich or poor,they just want love and in return you get love that will last forever. There are even people that are Pilots and fly Rescues to new homes. Pick a Rescue and jump in.I know Detroit has more than a couple Pitbull rescues.  Detroit Humane Society off I-75 needs so much help. What those guys on the streets see,well I couldn't take that day after day. They are angels.

Just an update guys. Blue Moon Akita Rescue is going to take her in for me.

I just have to get her to them in Denver Co. I checked into flying her to them.

But they want her vaccination and vet records. Ive only had her since rescue.

I dont have none of that cause she wasnt my dog. Im going to contact some

dog transport companies tomorrow but im thinking they will want the same

documentation. Im also going to contact the humane society again and see if

they can help me out with that. They helped me with her vet bills so far.

Thanks

Wozer

P.s. If anyone knows of a reliable transport service I can call or any other

reccomendations please let me know.