Michigan Legislature Oks Bills To Target Drugged Driving

LANSING The Michigan Legislature has given final approval to bills designed to give police more tools to arrest drivers under the influence of drugs.

The legislation sent to Gov. Rick Snyder Thursday would allow a preliminary roadside analysis not just for suspected alcohol use but also for controlled and other intoxicating substances. Legislators voted to put a conditional bond on suspected drugged drivers and require that the information be entered into a law enforcement database.

Republican Rep. Dan Lauwers of Brockway Township says drugged and drunken drivers should be treated the same under the law "because they have the same capacity to harm innocent lives."

Lawmakers earlier this year removed a provision proposing a roadside saliva test for controlled substances. Critics say that could lead to arrests of medical marijuana patients.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Michigan-Legislature-OKs-bills-to-target-drugged-driving-277949411.html

funny how they can rush this bill through and fast track it so they can arrest more people...

but they can't take the time to pass legislation for provisioning centers that would provide a safe environment for people to obtain cannabis if they choose..

not to mention a bill that would allow a safe way to be able to utilize by extraction any or all of the active ingredients this amazing plant has to offer...

is anyone else tired of them stalling on the bills that might actually be able to help us and then passing garbage at 0420 that directly or indirectly harms our community?

if i wasn't so clinically anti-social i would organize some kind of a "sit in" or something...

yep you nailed it Imi... sick nearly to death of these legal BS flinging a s s hats.

and i read yesterday we missed the cutoff for getting legalization on the 2014 ballot so no chance now until 2016.

i kinda knew that already... but it was reported.. so it must be official

It's all part of the Fascist philosophy.

You beat me to it, Bill. I was going to draw attention to the fascist nature of the "Law and Order" Republicans.

HOW CAN YOU PUT A LIMIT ON THC LEVELS WHEN THERE IS NO SCIENCE TO BACK IT UP?

Perhaps there is something else going on here? Something like Cannaphobia maybe?

LEGISLATORS: STOP DISPLAYING YOUR IGNORANCE. PEOPLE ARE CATCHING ON TO YOUR GAME.

if i wasn't so clinically anti-social i would organize some kind of a "sit in" or something...

yep you nailed it Imi... sick nearly to death of these legal BS flinging a s s hats.

and i read yesterday we missed the cutoff for getting legalization on the 2014 ballot so no chance now until 2016.

i kinda knew that already... but it was reported.. so it must be official

I agree if we don't get to Lansing soon the weather will become cold and they know it  and it's over due and i know many will say it wouldn't make anything kind of change but staying around the home sure won't help 

I agree if we don't get to Lansing soon the weather will become cold and they know it  and it's over due and i know many will say it wouldn't make anything kind of change but staying around the home sure won't help 

thats a great point bob... sitting at home on our collective a s s e s WILL NOT HELP... no matter what..

anyone want to propose a gathering in an legislatively considered obscene place?

sounds like fun to me..

cold is a state of mind... not a weather impediment..

welcome to Michigan.

i have been to maybe 3 gatherings at the state capitol when Joe Cain was a drum banger around here and i can say without a doubt... no matter what they report.. the unified solidarity of thousands of like minded people will stick in my memory forever.

it is a mind changing experience.

even if lawmakers pretend to not notice... we as a "several thousand strong crowd" know we have a voice.

they had 10,000 strong protest on right to work.

you've seen the legislators completely reverse the people of michigan's vote too (emergency manager law, wolf hunt initiative, minimum wage initiative).

dont think protest is going to work.

start calling their sponsors. call their organizations that support them.

get them to stop donating to these monsters.

they had 10,000 strong protest on right to work. you've seen the legislators completely reverse the people of michigan's vote too (emergency manager law, wolf hunt initiative, minimum wage initiative). dont think protest is going to work. start calling their sponsors. call their organizations that support them. get them to stop donating to these monsters.

i know and agree but 10,000 of us would make a difference IMHO or we offer a class of how to pass a road test on the side of the road most fail because of nervousness 

thats a great point bob... sitting at home on our collective a s s e s WILL NOT HELP... no matter what..

anyone want to propose a gathering in an legislatively considered obscene place?

sounds like fun to me..

cold is a state of mind... not a weather impediment..

welcome to Michigan.

i have been to maybe 3 gatherings at the state capitol when Joe Cain was a drum banger around here and i can say without a doubt... no matter what they report.. the unified solidarity of thousands of like minded people will stick in my memory forever.

it is a mind changing experience.

even if lawmakers pretend to not notice... we as a "several thousand strong crowd" know we have a voice.

I agree but a lot of people have left the movement  because of Leo and the Courts

Donate to Totten today:

https://marktotten.nationbuilder.com/donate

Why?  Do you have reason to believe he would be any better than Scheutte?  

Looking at all the cops and prosecutors and prison guards that support him on the Endorsements page on his website, I expect he'd be more of the same.

If you can show me I'm wrong about it, I'll donate for sure.

Why?  Do you have reason to believe he would be any better than Scheutte?  

Looking at all the cops and prosecutors and prison guards that support him on the Endorsements page on his website, I expect he'd be more of the same.

If you can show me I'm wrong about it, I'll donate for sure.

You can ask him

http://www.marktotten.com/scotusoct6