Michigan Legislature Oks Bills To Target Drugged Driving

Being a Democrat doesn't mean he isn't a prohibitionist.  Can you give an example of the statements he made in support of the act?

I'd love to donate to an AG candidate that is on our side.  Even if he isn't on our side, unless there's a Libertarian candidate,  I'll vote for him just to help get Schuette out. 

Schauer is a Democrat. He has made recent public statements in support of the Act. Schuette has a well-documented history of public actions against the Act.

There is no way to prove he would be an improvement, but I think it is likely based on these basic truths.

Edited by nsmn8r

Donate or vote to the Libertarian and ur throwing your money and vote away. Close to 80% of the voters in the poll say they are voting for the repub or dem candidate. Yeah being a dem doesn't mean he ain't a prohibitionist but we already know schuette is one. So vote for the guaranteed evil or the possible evil or for the guaranteed loser. You decide.

Close to 80% of the voters in the poll say they are voting for the repub or dem candidate.

Millions of flies eat dog crap but that doesn't mean we all should.

I think voting for someone who doesn't have my best interests at heart, like a Democrat or Republican, is throwing my vote away. However, in this case it's in my best interest to get Shuette back into the private sector so I'm voting for Totten.

(How's that for the kiss of death,an endorsement from a crazed radical!)

If it was dog crap or starve to death then you'd go with the dog crap. Same here. It'd be one thing if there was a strong organized effort to elect a 3rd party candidate but here we are a month from the election and seems most people on this site are just now finding out about the voting options for AG. More power to ya bro if ya think u can rally enough support to make the Libertarian candidate competitive.

Me, I'm voting for totten.

When choosing who you are voting for, is mm the most important part of the vote?  How many people would vote for a non mm gov or a.g just for the mm law?

Is that the only thing as an mm pt we should be worried about?

Im just wondering and would love to hear who votes for mm people only,  or do you vote the best person in office for all reasons?

Peace

p.s mm is not the most important thing in my life!  I did it before the law and would still do it if there was no law!

It is for me.  I want to work and rejoin society.  With drug testing I'm shut out of science jobs.  Is there really a candidate that has all my best interest in mind? Nope.  And who's to say that they'll follow what they say when they get in?  Politicians are getting really good at making excuses to renig on their campaign promises.  So much so that people don't pay attention anymore.

If 20% of the people voted libertarian, whoever won should take that to heart that the ideas are changing and adopt a line closer to libertarian if they want to continue their career.  If we stay in this one or the other race, they win.  There's always a 50% chance of them winning.  They don't want it reduced to a 33% chance.  Divide and conquer, it's worked for them up till now.

When choosing who you are voting for, is mm the most important part of the vote?  How many people would vote for a non mm gov or a.g just for the mm law?

Is that the only thing as an mm pt we should be worried about?

Im just wondering and would love to hear who votes for mm people only,  or do you vote the best person in office for all reasons?

Peace

p.s mm is not the most important thing in my life!  I did it before the law and would still do it if there was no law!

It's been nice not to have to choose because the medical cannabis positive candidates have the other issues right too.  So much so that it's a practical litmus test to see if a candidate really wants to let you choose for yourself, with the exception of candidates bribed by dispensary greed interests. Always watch for that greed head candidate that wants to use your needs to mess you up totally with bait and switch(Calton). 

We read a statement from his campaign on the subject on the Planet Green Trees radio show two weeks ago, I believe episode 218. There are far, far fewer prohibitionists that call themselves Democrats than call themselves Republicans.

I don't think that means there are less prohibitionist Democrats. It means Republicans just aren't as afraid to say it.

When will people see that in most cases Dems and Repubs are working for the same people?  I'd rather throw my vote away than use it to support the system we have now. Voting for what you perceive to be the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.  

Until people find the courage to stand up for themselves and vote for what they really want, we're going to get exactly what we deserve -this crooked fake 2 party system. 

VOTE for Justin Altman for Michigan AG.

There is waay less prohibitionist democrats than prohibitionist republicans.  Usually around a 2-1 margin. 

Last poll for legalization I seen by affiliation had 66% liberals supporting, 48% of independents, and 25% of conservatives.

On medical marijuana, the last poll I seen showed 34% of self identified "tea partiers" supporting medical marijuana, and 81% of self identified liberals supporting.

This is rather silly.  It simply is what it is.

I can say the numbers for republicans/conservatives has been rising some,... totally cool.  But it has also risen amongst democrats/liberals by actually larger percentage margins.  The break in republican stridency on the issue has definitely helped move elections and laws towards the ability to pass.

But in general,.. I give it 2-1 margin. Inner city democratic church goers and rural back arse Dem's can still be rather prohibitionist.

VOTE for Justin Altman for Michigan AG.

I've voted Libertarian since the Ford/Carter elections but in this particular case I think it is more important to get Shuette out than vote for the candidate I believe would be best. (You won't often hear that from me.)

Expediency is necessary in this election. Like voting communist to keep Hitler out of office.

Shuette is a menace not just to us but to everyone in the state. We need to send him back to Dow Chemical so he can get back to his old business of poisoning the world.

There is waay less prohibitionist democrats than prohibitionist republicans.  Usually around a 2-1 margin. 

Last poll for legalization I seen by affiliation had 66% liberals supporting, 48% of independents, and 25% of conservatives.

On medical marijuana, the last poll I seen showed 34% of self identified "tea partiers" supporting medical marijuana, and 81% of self identified liberals supporting.

This is rather silly.  It simply is what it is.

I can say the numbers for republicans/conservatives has been rising some,... totally cool.  But it has also risen amongst democrats/liberals by actually larger percentage margins.  The break in republican stridency on the issue has definitely helped move elections and laws towards the ability to pass.

But in general,.. I give it 2-1 margin. Inner city democratic church goers and rural back arse Dem's can still be rather prohibitionist

I do see that a lot of Republicans are vehemently opposed to any change in drug laws where a lot of Democrats are more soft spoken about it.

That may make people feel warm and fuzzy but the reality is NEITHER of them will put forth any policy changes that don't increase revenues for their masters.

Even Obama said he wanted science to guide drug policy. Then he made Michelle Leonhart head of the dea and we've seen more marijuana raids under him than we saw under Bush.

Same thing will happen with Totten.  He'll say what he has to to get elected and then once he's in he'll "do his job".  

Yeah, he looks better than Schuette on the surface, but these are the people he's beholden to.  You decide if you think voting for him is a good idea or not.

Endorsements
Law Enforcement

Michigan Corrections Officers, Local 526M

Kurt Asbury, Bay County Prosecutor

Sheriff Gary Ballweg, Delta County

Everette Ayers, Crawford County Prosecutor

Ed Black, Alpena County Prosecutor

Sheriff George Braidwood, Shiawassee County

Curtis Broughton, Arenac County Prosecutor

Sheriff Jerry Clayton, Washtenaw County

“Mark Totten will not waver in holding criminals accoutable. He's a leader I trust to keep the public safe. And he won't pick and choose the victims he helps. As Attorney General, Totten will lead with integrity.” Sheriff Jerry Clayton, Washtenaw County

Sheriff Rick Fuller, Kalamazoo County

Sheriff Howie Hanft, Ogemaw County

Peter Houk, former Ingham County Prosecutor

Sheriff Dave Israel, Kalkaska County

Sheriff Michael Lovelace, Marquette County

Sheriff John Miller, Bay County

Sheriff Allan MacGregor, Iosco County

Sheriff Benny Napoleon, Wayne County

Brian Peppler, Chippewa County Prosecutor

Sheriff Tom Reich, Eaton County

Eric Smith, Macomb County Prosecutor

Richard Steiger, Presque Isle County Prosecutor

Sheriff Robert Teddy, Baraga County

Sheriff Mark Valesano, Iron County

Daryl Vizina, Cheboygan County Prosecutor

Gary Walker, former Marquette County Prosecutor

Sheriff Anthony Wickersham, Macomb County

Matt Wiese, Marquette County Prosecutor

Kym Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor

“Mark understands the challenges I face fighting crime in Wayne County. He's protected Michigan families from violent criminals, child predators, and predatory lenders. And he'll always protect the most vulnerable among us -- including foster and adopted kids. Totten will keep us safe and won't let politics get in the way.” Kym Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor

Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth, Ingham County

“Mark Totten has helped put away some of the worst offenders. He understands the challenges I face every day and the importance of my work fighting crime on the front lines. I'm ready for a strong partner like Totten as our next Attorney General.” Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth, Ingham County

I don't think that means there are less prohibitionist Democrats.

U can vote how u want but the reality is that it will go to Totten or Schuette. If you really want a 3rd party candidate to win then you shoulda campaigned for them early and hard. At this point it is a matter of picking the the best candidate who has a chance to win. Schuette ain't the best and Totten's got a chance. Your man ain't gotta chance. So, yeah.

I do see that a lot of Republicans are vehemently opposed to any change in drug laws where a lot of Democrats are more soft spoken about it.

That may make people feel warm and fuzzy but the reality is NEITHER of them will put forth any policy changes that don't increase revenues for their masters.

Even Obama said he wanted science to guide drug policy. Then he made Michelle Leonhart head of the dea and we've seen more marijuana raids under him than we saw under Bush.

Same thing will happen with Totten.  He'll say what he has to to get elected and then once he's in he'll "do his job".  

Yeah, he looks better than Schuette on the surface, but these are the people he's beholden to.  You decide if you think voting for him is a good idea or not.

Endorsements
Law Enforcement

Michigan Corrections Officers, Local 526M

Kurt Asbury, Bay County Prosecutor

Sheriff Gary Ballweg, Delta County

Everette Ayers, Crawford County Prosecutor

Ed Black, Alpena County Prosecutor

Sheriff George Braidwood, Shiawassee County

Curtis Broughton, Arenac County Prosecutor

Sheriff Jerry Clayton, Washtenaw County

“Mark Totten will not waver in holding criminals accoutable. He's a leader I trust to keep the public safe. And he won't pick and choose the victims he helps. As Attorney General, Totten will lead with integrity.” Sheriff Jerry Clayton, Washtenaw County

Sheriff Rick Fuller, Kalamazoo County

Sheriff Howie Hanft, Ogemaw County

Peter Houk, former Ingham County Prosecutor

Sheriff Dave Israel, Kalkaska County

Sheriff Michael Lovelace, Marquette County

Sheriff John Miller, Bay County

Sheriff Allan MacGregor, Iosco County

Sheriff Benny Napoleon, Wayne County

Brian Peppler, Chippewa County Prosecutor

Sheriff Tom Reich, Eaton County

Eric Smith, Macomb County Prosecutor

Richard Steiger, Presque Isle County Prosecutor

Sheriff Robert Teddy, Baraga County

Sheriff Mark Valesano, Iron County

Daryl Vizina, Cheboygan County Prosecutor

Gary Walker, former Marquette County Prosecutor

Sheriff Anthony Wickersham, Macomb County

Matt Wiese, Marquette County Prosecutor

Kym Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor

“Mark understands the challenges I face fighting crime in Wayne County. He's protected Michigan families from violent criminals, child predators, and predatory lenders. And he'll always protect the most vulnerable among us -- including foster and adopted kids. Totten will keep us safe and won't let politics get in the way.” Kym Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor

Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth, Ingham County

“Mark Totten has helped put away some of the worst offenders. He understands the challenges I face every day and the importance of my work fighting crime on the front lines. I'm ready for a strong partner like Totten as our next Attorney General.” Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth, Ingham County

Thanks it's good to know info but Billy has to go

Democrat Mark Totten wants to be the state’s next attorney general and he is burning up the shoe leather and mileage on his car to get there.

Enroute, of course, he needs to bump-off the guy who now holds the post. Mr. Totten is not bashful about taking on A.G. Bill Schuette.

In his opening comments on Off the Record, Mr. Totten suggested his possible opponent is using the post “to serve his party and his own political career.”

That’s hardly a new line since all the players in town know that the honorable Mr. Schuette, who has been everything there is to be, wants to add governor to his resume. He’s just marking time until it’s his turn, the popular wisdom goes.

Mr. Totten thinks using the job to get there is wrong.

“The joke is A.G. stands for aspiring governor,” he says as he begins his political assault on Mr. Schuette’s political aspirations. “I think that is perhaps the case with Bill Schuette…He’s using that position to try to please the very far right of his party so he can come out of a primary someday.”

So what the heck is wrong with that since an unknown Democrat Jennifer Granholm parlayed the A.G. job into eight years as governor?

Mr. Totten acknowledges the fact but declined to get into an analysis of how she might have used the office, too.

He accuses Mr. Schuette of taking on all sorts of “narrow social issues” to play to his party base while Mr. Totten believes the post should be used to “keep the people safe.”

Obviously the Schuette camp would argue that protecting the public is what their guy is doing and just because Democrat Totten, who supports gay marriage, is pro-choice and voted for the Medical Marijuana law, doesn’t like it, tough toenails.

Mr. T. counters, “the issue is, day by day are you making decisions that are in the best interest of the people you represent?”

So given his assertion that the office should not be a stepping stone, he was given a 
chance to make his own pledge.

“If you are elected attorney general, you won’t run for governor?”

“Ah, um, I’m not saying….” and then instead of completing the sentence he segues into this, “My dream job is to be the attorney general of Michigan.”

Your honor, please direct the witness to answer the question.

Watch "Off the Record with Tim Skubick" online anytime at

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/12/tim_skubick_democratic_attorne.html