Teen Charged With Manufacturing Purified Marijuana, Or ‘Shatter’

The video of the law enforcement defining shatter is historical.

http://wpri.com/2014/09/12/teen-charged-with-manufacturing-purified-marijuana-or-shatter/

BURRILLVILLE, R.I. (WPRI) — A Burrillville teen was arrested Friday after police discovered an elaborate manufacturing operation in her home, which they said she was using to produce a highly potent and more valuable form of marijuana.

Kayla Richard, 19, was arrested at her Victory Highway home after police found four pounds of marijuana and 33 grams of a drug called “shatter,” along with the equipment needed to create it.

Police said this was the first time shatter has been seized in the town.

“Shatter is marijuana that has been purified into its highest potency and has a street value of $50 per gram,” said Burrillville Police Chief Stephen Lynch.

To put that in perspective, conventional marijuana runs $1,000 to $1,500 per pound. With shatter, police said the value jumps to $2,500 to as much as $6,000 per pound.

Shatter is derived from normal marijuana using tools one would see in a science classroom.

“What they do is they hold it over a glass pan and they sift butane through it, so the butane liquifies the marijuana, and hence that “shatter” comes leaking out,” Burrillville Police Sgt. Guy Riendeau explained.

The drug is then cooked into a solid and snapped off into grams.

Richard was arraigned Friday morning on drug possession and manufacturing charges, and her bail was set at $50,000 with surety.

Below are more evidence photos provided by police.

eewww, those Korean cans of butane contain over a dozen other gases that don't evaporate out like the butane, an some unexplained mystery oil that becomes part of their "shatter". http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

Rhode Island is getting this stuff cheap!

My patient saw similar "shatter" at a local MI dispensary recently that was $100 per gram. She bought a gram, had me test it for safety and effect, it tasted good, was clean, made with butane, purged well and clear. The after taste was that of crime :ph34r::mad:...

what an enterprizing young lady,,,only 19.. has 4 lbs to run and 33 grams of product in stock..lol..if only it was legal...wonder how she got "discovered"? i had a guy bring me trimin's to run through my bubble bags for him,,he didn't tell me that some of the trimin's had been run through butane,,what a joke...messed up what otherwise would have been good bubble..he told be that he'd sold the meds he'd run though  butane to people before...sure makes me wonder what some folks are a thinkin'....bp 

what?

you say you know of a person selling mj that's already been stripped of its active ingredients?   that scares me for this reason;

I propose only a young and/or new user would be falling for this sack of useless weeds. If that's true then what of newly registered people that are sick and trying for the first time, only to find cannabis doesn't help anything at all. I can hear grandma saying this right now. dangit,

may the mites of a thousand infected marijuana plants infest that persons garden!

grass, I have had some young, and not so young folks ask me to look at bags full of leaf's they bought for making hash.

Paper grocery sacks full of what is nothing more than trash.  Large yellowed fan leaves etc... looking like floor scraps.

I assist mentally challenged young people who are patients w/ out cg's to make better life choices, not only mmj choices.

I have since educated them as to what to look for when acquiring mmj for this purpose (all aspects of mmj actually).

I have to remind them often, if it seems to good to be true, it is and don't buy it :)

It is a sad state of affairs.

how sad.  I tell every inexperienced user to just use their sniffer, then use their instinct to decide if its for them or not. Properly  finished/developed terpenoid profiles give very pungent odors that can be detected easily in even the crappiest trim. I've come a long way with terpene studies and am almost ready to let someone bring a scratch and sniff card to the market. Maybe a fob with a dozen cup winning strains with info on the back of the card.  Cards could be  grouped any which way, indica/sativa, thc %, cbd, etc for the fun of it.

The fan leaves /trim would be the last thing I would pay for from someone willing to sell it. Flowers are the most likely part to be "clean", while fan leaves the most likely to be "dirty".

I can be accused of discarding 100% of my trim at every harvest. seems wasteful to me, but I have no use for this material, and it only serves to put me at risk for weight violations while its drying. I suppose it would make awesome hash/concentrates, but prolly not as good as bud. I have to wonder of those who are keeping garbage bags full of weighty trim to dry just for the sale......

yes it's true,,,he went so far as to tell me how he had to air it out first to get the butane smell out of it before he could sell it.....this same guy brought me trimmin's before that  had so may spider mite eggs in it that the bubble hash came out black..i didn't fiquire that one out until i looked at it under a mircoscope...so the mite curse is mute...lol..needless to say i don't run his stuff no mor'.....bp..ps..i should tell you all he's still up and running,,sitting on bags of trimmin's that need doing...bp

Trying to sell or give some one swag that has been run thru butane is beyond human, there are places for people like this and they usualy have fences around them because people are dying to get in!  (a cemetary)

While I do understand people saving up their scraps to make oil I dont understan any one who would actualy sell the used scraps to some one!

before the law me and my grow partner had a friend who was relentless at being the biggest mj mooch known to man, so me and said partner used to vape the crap out of our buds, and save it lol, and when we got a decent amount and the mooch asked he got our vaped mj lmao, it cant hurt you but it most def dont get you your desired effect!

While most of my own bho has come from scraps I see absolutly nothing wrong with it, it takes more butane it takes more scraps but I get the same quality from my bho if it is scraps or budds, If budds are used it dont take as much product to get what I get out of scraps, I totaly cant afford to run budds for my oil, but than again Im not doing this for cancer pts, im doing this for people to have a choice at how they want to medicate!

Watch out for lil weezle punks, in fact dont even allow them to be in your presence they dont deserve to be, and please tell people to go phaq them selves if they ask you for help screwing people!

Peace

I find it interesting that someone claims to smell butane in their spent mj. The gas butane completely evaporates at room temperature, I suspect they used something inferior to boot, leaving a mystery residual smell behind. my good friend runs lots of bho and the spent mj never smells of anything but hay for thought.

I find it interesting that someone claims to smell butane in their spent mj. The gas butane completely evaporates at room temperature, I suspect they used something inferior to boot, leaving a mystery residual smell behind. my good friend runs lots of bho and the spent mj never smells of anything but hay for thought.

Considering that butane is odorless, it is a pretty good guess.

smoke shop butane is often a collection of gases, more than a dozen, along with lubricating oils, odor additives etc.  The nbutane system my buddy used is totally sealed and under vacuum. One second after recapture there is NO smell remaining in the spent cannabis, except hay. poor saps sucking on chems....so sad