Just A Little Vicodin Rescheduling Is All

trichcycler

THURSDAY, Oct. 2, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- A new rule taking effect Oct. 6 reclassifies hydrocodone combination products as Schedule II controlled substances, which will impact prescribing practices for these products, according to a report from the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). The new rule does not allow refills for prescriptions written after Oct. 6, 2014, although prescriptions issued earlier can be refilled through April 8, 2015. Pharmacies will no longer be able to fill prescriptions delivered over the phone or via fax; electronic prescriptions can be used if state law permits, if the prescriber is certified to prescribe these substances, and if the pharmacy is certified to accept electronic prescriptions. In addition, depending on the state restrictions, non-physician health care team members will not necessarily be able to issue prescriptions for these products. Patients should be made aware of these issues and the new procedures that they will need to follow. "The American Medical Association and other groups have warned the DEA about the potential unintended consequences of reclassifying hydrocodone combination products since the agency made the proposal early last year," according to an AMA news release. "Eliminating phoned-in prescriptions and refills could make it difficult for some patients to get the pain relief they need, especially patients in nursing homes and those with persistent pain and disabilities." -

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/08/22/2014-19922/schedules-of-controlled-substances-rescheduling-of-hydrocodone-combination-products-from-schedule

Just saw this a couple days ago.  Hydrocodone was sched 3??????  Holy crap, and they wonder why there was a problem.  Why can't we get them to stand up for MJ(a non-toxic substance) the way they did hydrocodone?  Oh right, the pharma industry was against it. 

Someone remind me why we are going after the citizen's in this war on drugs.  The perps have been hiding in the open with the governments blessing the whole time. 

Schedule 2 does nothing but force people to see the doctor two to 4 times as many times a year wasting money for unneeded visits thus raising the cost of insurance. Serious huge waste of resources.

This is just more intimidation by the DEA on medical professionals to deter them from prescribing needed medication to patients who live in severe pain.

I find it all a bit disgusting myself.

this causes no end of trouble for pharmacies. you know how many people are calling in their vicodin scripts right now? ALL OF THEM.

plus the pre-planned shortage of oxy...

plus the DEA going after pharmacies in florida and elsewhere for filling scripts.

basically creating a gigantic black market over the last 5 years for narco pills.

wonder who is profiting on all this?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-29/news/os-oxycodone-shortage-dea-florida-20120929_1_oxycodone-cvs-prescriptions

http://www.kvoa.com/news/crack-down-on-pain-killers-forcing-shortage-at-pharmacies/

maybe its time to tell vicodin and oxy seekers they should switch to medical marijuana? its plentiful and grows on trees

http://www.petition2congress.com/5202/first-do-no-harm-dea-targets-physicians-who-treat-their-patients/view/

heres a comment of the day from the above site

Someone from Aurora, CO writes:

I came to this site looking for fellow pain patients who wish to commit suicide with me. Maybe if we do it all together it will make a statement.

I am 63 and on SSDI for the initial back injury 11 years ago that led to my chronic pain condition. My doctor rations my medication, at the urging of the DEA, and I am too old and debilitated to try the illegal routes, none of which I ever in my remotest imagination would have considered until the last year or so when this all came down. I worked a professional job in health care for 30 years until a federal social security judge found me disabled, only to have another federal branch tell me I cannot have treatment. Perhaps to get rid of these pesky citizens causing all the confusion (116 million per the New York Times), we could be taken to large ghettos (we've already lost all our property), observed as we begin to starve, and then transported by train to concentration camps, where we can be disposed of in an orderly manner, and, at last, find some blessed relief.

so what happens?

1. DEA makes chronic pain patients suffer due to scaring doctors and pharmacists from prescribing and filling prescriptions.

2. deaths from prescriptions fall, as the medicine is restricted further and further into CS2

3. black market increases 10 fold as legal patients now want to continue buying pills

4. suicides from chronic pain rise from patients who dont want to buy on black market?

Edited by t-pain

Pharmacies will no longer be able to fill prescriptions delivered over the phone

when i was taking these no pharmacies would ever fill it by phone  i had to call the Doctors office and ask them to have the Doctor write it and then i had to pick up the RX from the Doctors office  and sign that it was me picking the RX up  their then take it to CVS or others to have it filled

And today i feel like the people that our Disabled and can't leave the house will be punished so wants again the people that need are the ones to feel the pain 

I received a letter about this from the VA as that is my only Healthcare provider for a long time maybe 20+ years i have seen a lot of change down at the VA some good others not so much i go down their all the time most times i go talk to other Vet's and i always make sure too take enough smokes to share because they smoke a lot. 

i wonder why All the other Hospitals around you can't smoke within  one mile of jus like when the mmj Law passed the VA said it was OK for us Vets to use Cannabis and still have Helthcare with them i think both are because the VA wouldn't have anything to do because their would be no Vet to care for 

Edited by bobandtorey

maybe its time to tell vicodin and oxy seekers they should switch to medical marijuana? its plentiful and grows on trees

?

Medical Marijuana users have an opportunity to stand up and do just that. If every cannabis user stopped taking vicodin a large dent in their market share would be seen I think, making that exact statement. I wonder of the percentage of marijuana users also using narcos, supporting the pharma system as is. Their profits are staggering to the point of telling the industry that it is doing the right thing to increase profits, and continuing to do so will result in more profits. check portfolios, 401k's, annuities,etc, most are heavily invested n these drug pushing entities responsible for untold deaths every month

I wouldn't be quite so hasty.  While long term use of the vikes can mess a person up, they are certainly quite useful to a great many people, including myself at times. 

When my pain levels spike I still will take a vicodin.  Perhaps your condition doesn't ever call for them but I don't think you should be so quick to call for their extinction.

I wouldn't be quite so hasty.  While long term use of the vikes can mess a person up, they are certainly quite useful to a great many people, including myself at times. 

When my pain levels spike I still will take a vicodin.  Perhaps your condition doesn't ever call for them but I don't think you should be so quick to call for their extinction.

True that. Marijuana doesn't work as a painkiller for everyone and even if it does some don't like the side effects. People should be free to choose any pain killer they want. Just because some get addicted is no reason to pull the plug on vicodin. More people get addicted to alcohol than vicodin yet we see some reason to keep alcohol legal even thought it has no medical benefit.

Seems like maybe they (the ubiquitous "they") really do want all of us "47%ers" who are the takers to just go away and die. Now they want us to not only die but to also die a horrible, painful death.

Hey, why not. People seem to enjoy the suffering of others. They need to revive stoning as a means of capital punishment. A lot of people would probably enjoy flinging a stone at someone hard enough to kill them.

Whoever "they" are, they are sure some sick SOBs.

I saw it on NBC nightly news! Why do you have to start out my day by trying to insult me? That's really mean.

Good Morning!

don't take that personal hun, I'm not insulting you in any way at all. You said you were scared, and I suggested

a comforting alter view of the situation. Perhaps, like many things America, the press, gov, authorities are pumping up

yet one more issue,for one reason or another, that scares people. I don't know if its real or not, or if Fox is different than nbc or abc, or if someone feeds them the info. who knows, but it aint got nothing to do with you, only my view of the American news flow is all. They used to tell us hiv victims had no hope, while magic was getting healthier by the dollar. just sayin....

things are rarely as they seem

peace out.

I took a lot of pain meds, and yes it REALLY messes up the body and minds functioning system...it helped with the pain, until your body builds up a tolerance. 

After 10 years of rx meds....I stopped taking all of them (slow tapper with mj's help)...no matter how much i hurt, how much i wish for relief, i just remind myself the damage the rx's have done and the pain caused to get off them....to stop taking them is the worse pain ever....

Take a bad pain day; a really bad pain day ( for me its when you can see the pain in my eyes on my face, you can see the swollen and spasms of every muscle in my back with the shooting burn of nerve damage), ..now add the worse flu you can think of...yep that's how it feels when you don't take the rx meds...and it last a long time...

yes people need pain relief, but how many of us on these rx from our docs, were told what will happen to us as we take them?

yes we should all have a choice in our pain relief, but it must be an informed choice made by the individual, not the Dr or government.