Mark Totten Wants To Clarify Medical Marijuana Law, Not Be An Obstacle To It

t-pain

Some think there has been language added to HB 5104 that will allow HB 4271 to override the MMMA. In conjunction with the removal of this line, it paints a clearer picture of this intent; these modifications were made by Richardville's Senate committee, FYI.

blurgh. thanks everyone who pays attention to that.

these legislators are sneaky and or idiots, or playing dumb but smart as hell.

the bill (4271) will not allow the provisioning centers to sell clones or grow mj... gives that area to caregivers and patients...

In the face of, "A vote for provisioning centers is a vote against home grows," spewn by the Bill Sponsor Calton. 

How do you wrap your mind around a 180 like that and believe it? The meat and potatoes is who gets to grow what provisioning centers sell. Are we supposed to believe the dispensary lobby just gave up their prime rib to caregivers/patients for chicken wings? I have to believe they have found another way around the roadblock and will have their prime rib served to them at a different venue and we will still have to follow rules they don't have to. 

Calton said that to get the Bill to pass he has to show that it would kill home grows. I can't see that anything changed to make this statement false.

Under the current administration of Michigan government, these actions will never change. Michigan fell off when its citizens decided voting doesn't change anything, and these kinds of stalling techniques are what's happened as a result. If 2014's primaries are any indication, than we're getting more of the same.

http://bridgemi.com/2012/08/2012-primary-draws-typically-low-voter-response/

This is from 2011, but it shows how easy it is to pass a bill when the big R wants it pushed through. It's also a startling look into Michigan politics.

I've noticed a trend of candidates that I've talked to and asked about medical cannabis, who won't be forthright in their dissent; they will make kitschy comments like "I went to U of M, what do you think." I just want honesty, and transparency, but pot is a tool to get the weeds out, and anyone that doesn't go along with the status quo, better watch out for the wacker.

In the face of, "A vote for provisioning centers is a vote against home grows," spewn by the Bill Sponsor Calton. 

How do you wrap your mind around a 180 like that and believe it? The meat and potatoes is who gets to grow what provisioning centers sell. Are we supposed to believe the dispensary lobby just gave up their prime rib to caregivers/patients for chicken wings? I have to believe they have found another way around the roadblock and will have their prime rib served to them at a different venue and we will still have to follow rules they don't have to. 

Calton said that to get the Bill to pass he has to show that it would kill home grows. I can't see that anything changed to make this statement false.

not everything in life is black and white, and this is one of those times.  I have not worked a whole lot with Rep Callton.  I have worked and continue to work with his staff.  I personally think that it is somewhat out of Callton's direct hands.  Presently the parties looking to be satisfied include the Governors staff and lawyers, LARA management, MSP and Sen Richardville (who has been pretty darn good on this)...  sometimes way too much is read into regarding a press story.  The one you are referring to was with Jake Neher and Michigan Public Radio.  He got Rep Callton to say more than the good Rep should of (at least in mine and several others opinion)....