Pre-Employment Drug Test

outsideinxpert

Can my factory i work at still fire me for dropping dirty even tho i have my mmp card?

If they fire you ONLY for dropping dirty the courts have just ruled you can get unemployment if you had a MM card.

The court decided that 'dropping dirty' does not constitute being impaired at work. It just proves you used some time in the past, which is not grounds for dismissal.

Edited by Restorium2

On August 30th, 2012, at approximately 0530, my immediate supervisor advised me of an impending urinalysis. I handed her the keys and said you can tell Jim...you get picture.

I left work and relocated to MI and was settled in by 0800 the same day.

Today I am a CG and have / in the works 2 pts'

Life is good!!

Here is what i  Say,, No Way,,,,,,,  Ain't Gonna Whiz in a bottle for the Boss Man, NO WAY !  

Those Were They Days My Friend 

I may have to send this to his email!

alrighty, enough info fellas lol! who the hell sells their soul to work for a place that discriminates against sick people using natural medicine, sanctioned by the state and a physician to heal their lives? shave their scrotum? fukkem.I wont hire anyone who doesn't use cannabis medically. Imagine That, me, Working for You!

Someone desperate like me that needs to eat and pay their bills and take care of their parents and ..... Is who does that I suppose. I've done it myself. Believe me, it's not the first thought in our heads when we are looking for a job. "I need a good job... I'll shave my donkey!" Not the case, even though it would be funny. It's really a response to the lack of small businesses and jobs and having to put up with it. I myself am a college grad from a Business School, have a Project Mgt cert, have wide spanning experience in creative project coordination, systems analysis, team leadership and management, worked with Chrysler Marketing groups, blah blah blah... I can't even get a job as a secretary. I'm getting very desperate and am starting to run out of resources for making money. Now I help friends as a carpenter, having worked with Dad since I was little, do contract graphic design work when I can find it and help my CG trim when they need the help. This is what I'm doing with my experience and education. Yes, I'm lucky enough to be healthy and work, but this isn't what I basically took a mortgage out to get an education for. And I can't begin to tell you what it does to your self worth, pride and sense of personal strength as a man to basically hear people say, "you're not good enough". You get broken down after a few years.

Ideally, I want to work with someone like you and a lot of other people here I'm sure. People that respect each other and have a chance to help one another. People that think it's ridiculous to treat people that way and like you said, "I won't hire someone without a med card." Thank you for saying what you did. Employers like you give me some hope. It is moo poo and it's wrong to do this to good people that can't wait to help your company grow. I would love to be in the position to say that I'd never drop for some friggin job. "What do they need to know about my free time?" "They don't own my life". It's true. But when your staring down the barrel of a McDonalds application, you sadly start to adjust your level of tolerance pretty radically.

P.S. This really would be a wonderful resource for a personal help wanted among members. Like if you needed an Accountant or a Project Manager for your business, you could post it and get responses from people specifically through MMMA. Or I could post my skills and a link to my portfolio so if anyone in the community could use my help, we could connect. I'm sure someone has approached this and more than likely it's here already and I missed it, but would be an amazing resource for people to help each other.

Thank you again for that post. Every little bit of hope helps!!

P.S. This really would be a wonderful resource for a personal help wanted among members. Like if you needed an Accountant or a Project Manager for your business, you could post it and get responses from people specifically through MMMA. Or I could post my skills and a link to my portfolio so if anyone in the community could use my help, we could connect. I'm sure someone has approached this and more than likely it's here already and I missed it, but would be an amazing resource for people to help each other.

Thank you again for that post. Every little bit of hope helps!!

I fire all the guns at once. I think your idea is a viable one for sure. Just imagine a local Marijuana Friendly classifieds for people ! I cringe at the privacy issue, but smarty admins can overcome that part I think.

here's some links I found, maybe not local though.

for the record, I'd shave my scrotum, or even just one side(lol), to avoid working in the drive through.

private message me with the biggest city closest to you....never know man. networking is key right.

Thank you for the links Grassmatch! You rock man! I really think that would be an amazing resource for people. Like a private newsgroup, knowing you're speaking with like-minded people. Networking is key for sure!

Thanks for the reply Indigo. I feel your buddy's pain. Insane how many ridiculously qualified people are forced to basically eat dirt and like it. Don't forget to smile!!! I really hope the ammendment gets passed! So many people will be able to work and actually do something they enjoy. On the insurance angle, I'd laugh myself into a coma if that happened! Funny story, I had worked for a really big marketing firm for a little bit and they never tested me. I couldn't believe it since they are way more corporate than many others. I asked a close friend and fellow "partaker" in my group about that and they laughed, saying "If they tested people, we woudn't have a creative department." Big hopes for the future!

Peace guys!

• 1 month later...

I'm weighing in on this conversation a little late....sorry.

I worked for 25 years in the silicon valley.  Good people are always in short supply there,

so much of the BS surrounding job seeking and employment is tossed out the window.

I never wrote a cover letter.  I was never drug tested.  I interviewed for jobs wearing jeans.

Skill talks, bulls**t walks.  I loved it there. [AWESOME]

My last job in the valley was for a startup that had just been acquired by Dell Computer.

For the first time in my career, I was asked to undergo a drug test.  Policy of our

new corporate masters in Texas. [ASSHOL**S]

Fortunately, because I use MMJ for muscle spasms in my back, my doctor

was willing to give me a prescription for Dronabinol (generic of Marinol) the only

federally approved form of THC.  The argument was that I am unable to smoke or

ingest at night and the back spasms were interfering with my sleep. [LUCKY]

marinol-capsule.jpg

In CA, as in most places (?), they use federal standards, not state, so

Medical Marijuana recommendations are not accepted for drug testing

purposes.  As expected, the drug test was positive and, per procedure,

the testing company approaches you first to determine if there is a legitimate

reason for the positive result.  I argued for State MMJ, but was rejected.

At this point I produced my federally legal prescription. [HA, TAKE THAT!]

After looking it over, they called me back and told me that this prescription is

unacceptable for a testing exception because the prescription indicates that

I should be taking one pill nightly and my refill records show it has not been

refilled enough for me to do that.  Therefore I was not taking the medication

"exactly as prescribed", so it was not allowed to be considered. [sH*T!]

I informed them that my doctor instructed me to take one at night when

needed and it was never his intent to force me to take one every night

regardless of my need for it.  Because the most popular prescribed

use of Marinol is for cancer patient appetite issues, the standard usage

instruction is to take it continuously. My doctor just did not bother with

special instructions, so the default instructions were used.  [sERIOUSLY?]

[This is actually pretty important, because without insurance the

cost of Marinol is something like $24 per pill.  It's ridiculous.]

They did not care about my explanation.  [AS EXPECTED]

In the end, I had to contact my doctor and have him re-issue my

prescription with new dosage instructions "take one pill at night

AS NEEDED".  Even this was not enough, so I also had to have

the doctor write a letter to the testing lab stating that my usage

of the *previous* prescription was in accordance with his instructions

and that the prior dosage instructions were incorrect.  Now, every

time I take the script to a pharmacy, I have to make sure they

incorporate my doctor specific instructions "AS NEEDED" otherwise

they usually get it wrong. [CLUSTER F**K]

Finally, with the correct instructions, the testing group gave

me a CONDITIONAL PASS, which means that controlled

substances were detected but determined to be legally

prescribed.  I think it would be similar if I had an Opiate

prescription, for example.  [sAVED]

Now, I take pains to make sure this prescription is valid, correct, and

up to date at all times.  [THANK YOU BUDDHA, JESUS, and VISHNU]

Authorities presume that Marinol prescriptions are used to mask illegal drug

use. Prescribing for this purpose is a violation of federal law.  Because of this,

Doctors (especially small time MMJ doctors) are hesitant to touch this.  

Luckily, I had a 10yr plus relationship with my Primary Care Doctor in CA,

and he was willing to give me the prescription.  After moving to Michigan

and getting a new Primary Care Doctor this was no longer an option.  

As we all know, doctors in MI do not understand MMJ.  Fortunately, I

also have a 10yr plus relationship with a serious (testified before congress)

MMJ doctor who *was* willing to author the script and renew it every

6 months with another physical paper script (the latest new regulation).

Take Away:

- Marinol is a joke as real medicine, but better than nothing and it can protect your livelihood.

- "Muscle Spasm" seems to be one of the few justifiable applications for "as required" administration.

- Prescribing of Marinol for purposes of evading drug testing is a federal crime.

- Never mention drug testing when talking to a doctor about Marinol.

- Authorities are suspicious of Marinol prescriptions and will require that all i's are dotted and t's crossed.

- Thank god I have back spasms.

Edited by iwombat