Towns Don't Need Tanks

Wild Bill

https://www.aclu.org/secure/communities-warzones?ms=web_140814_warzones_militarization_BOR

blog-tdnt-500x280-act-v01.png

Our communities are not war zones

Update: On October 6th, the grand jury in Habersham County, Georgia, did not charge the police officers responsible for severely wounding two-year-old Baby Bou Bou in a SWAT raid. The federal government has helped Habersham County law enforcement militarize by providing assault rifles, an armored personnel carrier, and other equipment meant for war. Help us keep up the pressure before more kids are hurt: tell the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Justice to stop funding the militarization of local police.

Update: On August 23rd, President Obama called for a review of federal programs that fund and incentivize wartime arsenals for local police forces.

Local police, armed to the teeth with wartime weaponry, treat us like the enemy, especially if we're black, young, poor or homeless. Tanks are rolling through our towns. What will it take for police to start protecting communities of color, not waging war on them?

The Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Justice are funneling billions of dollars to state and local law enforcement agencies every year to help them purchase military weaponry and equipment. What business do DOD, DHS, and DOJ have funding a war here at home?

With our country’s long history of aggressive policing in communities of color, it shouldn’t surprise us that these wartime tools and tactics are hitting poor and black neighborhoods hardest. To start undoing the damage, the feds need to stop funding this war.

Good policing is about trust, which has been severely eroded through the use of excessive force and police brutality. If police forces across America continue to militarize and treat communities of color as the enemy, they will increasingly be seen as an occupying army.

Stopping the funding and incentivizing of police militarization is a crucial first step to ending this war.

Tell the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Justice: Stop funding the siege on communities of color.

Get Involved

Support this petition

This really is a freakin joke. Arming local po po like an army makes it a de facto military in my opinion. It's illegal to deploy the military domestically except in certain instances like martial law but yet we arm these pricks like a military and let them use military force domestically. We ain't fightin isis here we're going after people for nonviolent crimes by using heavy military force. Then the po po are surprised and "saddened" when kids become victims of collateral damage????????

This makes me sick. The po po, many who aren't even trained well enough, go in with overwhelming force to use a shock and awe tactic. Then, OH NO, a child got in the way!!!!!!  Sorry kid, your death or injury wasn't foreseeable. And what's one kid out of 1000 raids anyway?  It's acceptable collateral damage. Seems fair to me. We have to accept that there will be death and injury to innocents. It's the only way to insure that we are safe as a country bro.  So send in the clowns.  Roll the tanks. Arm them cops to the teeth.

Seems like there is a better way. A stray bullet could even kill someone down the block. Let's not risk that!!! Instead let's only risk the lives of the people in the target house. Pour gasoline all around the perimeter of the house and light it up. Watch it burn. Then at least only the people in that house perish.

Is this America now?

Heil Amerika!

This really is a freakin joke. Arming local po po like an army makes it a de facto military in my opinion. It's illegal to deploy the military domestically except in certain instances like martial law but yet we arm these pricks like a military and let them use military force domestically. We ain't fightin isis here we're going after people for nonviolent crimes by using heavy military force. Then the po po are surprised and "saddened" when kids become victims of collateral damage????????

This makes me sick. The po po, many who aren't even trained well enough, go in with overwhelming force to use a shock and awe tactic. Then, OH NO, a child got in the way!!!!!!  Sorry kid, your death or injury wasn't foreseeable. And what's one kid out of 1000 raids anyway?  It's acceptable collateral damage. Seems fair to me. We have to accept that there will be death and injury to innocents. It's the only way to insure that we are safe as a country bro.  So send in the clowns.  Roll the tanks. Arm them cops to the teeth.

Seems like there is a better way. A stray bullet could even kill someone down the block. Let's not risk that!!! Instead let's only risk the lives of the people in the target house. Pour gasoline all around the perimeter of the house and light it up. Watch it burn. Then at least only the people in that house perish.

Is this America now?

Heil Amerika!

Yes Yes it is, remember ruby ridge, burned the house down around them didnt they, of course they werent at fault for that either.. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kptv.com%2Fstory%2F25080990%2Fshooting-reported-at-home-in-north-plains&ei=cnxGVM32O5DbsASm2IKYDA&usg=AFQjCNF2B4r9aLgHOt3b4OyBBW7NCJbXhw&bvm=bv.77880786,d.cWc

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.policestateusa.com%2F2013%2Fmisidentified-man-killed-when-swat-team-started-his-house-on-fire%2F&ei=cnxGVM32O5DbsASm2IKYDA&usg=AFQjCNHMxTFx5T3NT7qGS4Oct3KM6YRM6Q&bvm=bv.77880786,d.cWc

google it, there are so many its sickening.. gestapo at there best...

Edited by Willy

police killings have become way too easy.they always come back with "the shooting was justified" based on the lie's leo makes-up ,.all they have to say is...i thought i saw a gun,,,he made a threating move...he failed to comply with my orders,,i was scared for my safety... he tried to get my gun...... ......bp

Edited by budpuffer

sorry folks for the above post,i gave it a heavy edit,,i just get upset when i think of how many good folks are going to die wrongfully at the hands of over zealous police...i just don't know what those guys are thinking...for my county,they bought seven pages of military equipment..just who do they plan on using all this stuff on? are we expecting Martians????......bp

• 2 weeks later...

FOI request for berrien county michigan includes:

Mine resistant ambush vehicle

Night vision

Large quantities of sniper rifles and select fire assualt rifles

Flight helmets

Bayonets

MILITARIZATION OF POLICE FORCE! 

VIOLATION of POSSE COMITATUS!

What is your county stockpiling?  What are they preparing for? 

They will use these weapons of war on non violent citizens like YOU!

Edited by luminate