Anyone Vaporized Individual Terpenes?

trichcycler

lol Yes it is.   But without the real uses of turkey bologna. It would be like if turkey bologna still made you fat because it wasn't really made of turkey, just fat, but it did smell kind of like bologna. I love analogies by the way. 

Only because you don't understand the real thing. Terpenes act WITH THC to increase effect by making the blood brain barrier more permeable , acting synergistically to multiply the effect or stopping the body from producing compounds to destroy seratonin, amongst other ways.  Using strait THC adn adding in terpenes from pine trees, geraniums, mints, pepper, etc. will do the same thing as a cannabis plant which has teh same terpene profile.  If you mixed the terpene oils made in all those plants with THC from cannabis or whether you just used oil from cannabis with the exact same profile, you would not know the difference.  It is not the same as your analogy because you WOULD get ALL the benefits.

We have an in house Dr. Frankenferter of cannabis (no reference to RHPS, but rather to the bologna comment). 

I get a lil twisted when research on cannabis as a whole hasn't been allowed but ppl (not you gm, so.. don't take it personal)

will study and research the crap out of this kind of thing.

I love science but when do we stop fooling with nature to make it "better"?

hmm... 57 million bee's dead in a GMO cornfield as a small example of what I am getting at.

We have an in house Dr. Frankenferter of cannabis (no reference to RHPS, but rather to the bologna comment). 

I get a lil twisted when research on cannabis as a whole hasn't been allowed but ppl (not you gm, so.. don't take it personal)

will study and research the crap out of this kind of thing.

I love science but when do we stop fooling with nature to make it "better"?

hmm... 57 million bee's dead in a GMO cornfield as a small example of what I am getting at.

agreed. just wait till the "Terminator Gene" finds its way into our gardens. Monsanto may already have adapted this to cannabis, actually, of course they may, that is precisely what they do in order to insure a patentable product monopoly.

I'm all for building healthy natural soils, the kind that allow for full natural expressions in finished plants, tomatoes, carrots, and cannabis. Some po dunk forum plant tweeker will not accomplish anything that has not already been done, most likely by the Plant Masters themselves, Monsanto. These corps are decades ahead of everything I can even dream of. They are already inserting genes into cannabis with gene guns. They have million dollar labs and huge sponsors, the kind that would like to see our plants patented and controlled. They already have suggested they wish to narrow the field to only a few plant strains(patented of course.

pic book dipping his buds isn't new at all, An archive look at HT magazine will show cannabis flavoring drops commercially sold for many years(repeat) He wont influence anyone with this, nor is he trying to. He might have even stumbled across the idea in arguable the foremost oldest marijuana cultivation mag on the shelf. I personally hate the thought of artificially flavoring cannabis for myself, but could care less if others buy those products and sprinkle drip away.

Picbooks technique is a science fair experiment at best, one that produces instant results too, and he enjoyed those results. I learned of root uptake and colors in grade school. Flower nurseries do it all the time. they also genetically modify plants, selectively breed mutant plants, variegated anomalies and other "scary" things. It is scary to think someone could ruin a strain for good, or spread a gmo pollen, threatening our bio security in the field. We cant stop this though, the plant biz thrives on these technologies. Modified food starch, vaccines, foods, farm animals, even hundreds of goats I saw recently that were gmo with the gene spiders are blessed with, allowing them to create their webs. The mils form these gmo goats is then somehow cooked down and spun like a cotton candy machine, and produces miles of high quality silk in a factory. that scares the heck out of me. but marinating my fish with garlic chives for 24 hours before I harvest does not at all. composting fruits and vegetables and native grasses and even pine needles is organic and natural soil building. Once composted people realize this is just pure dirt, black gold. very special black gold for me. Planting a lemon tree in the same pot as a marijuana plant will not change the world, or ruin cannabis forever. Growing under the grape vines, where rotting grapes are oozing their terpenoids, composting in the soil below is intuitive to me. Companion plants have always been a part of my indoor and outdoor gardens. I'm currently composting a whole bale of clover, and another of mint, both organic, and natural, tasty, and exciting.

I've been buying my raw honey form the same kid(not anymore a kid) for a long time. He actually keeps hives in sections of crop flowers spread out on his property. His labels read "Clover pollen fed bees" or "hops polen fed bees" or basil polen fed bees, roses, gardenias, and more. The experience is stellar, and I see no harm in the innovation. He's the biggest honey seller that I know of within 100 mile circle. he should be famous for the craft by now.

the honey does not taste "like clover" get it? the pollen is processed by the bees and the honey results. The basil pollen fed honey does taste nothing like basil, but each is very special and exotic. Is he a big fat bee honey cheater with world dominance and patented process in mind? I don't think so. yet, some will argue he is "tinkering" with nature while doing this. bees collect pollen from most flowers, providing a field of selected flowers for them to feed on is a beautiful tinker if I do say so myself. I don't think the "technology" will make it to a Batman episode, up against the likes of Mr Freeze though, no worries.

keep your eye on the GMO cannabis watch site for current real life cannabis fears.

Only because you don't understand the real thing. Terpenes act WITH THC to increase effect by making the blood brain barrier more permeable , acting synergistically to multiply the effect or stopping the body from producing compounds to destroy seratonin, amongst other ways.  Using strait THC adn adding in terpenes from pine trees, geraniums, mints, pepper, etc. will do the same thing as a cannabis plant which has teh same terpene profile.  If you mixed the terpene oils made in all those plants with THC from cannabis or whether you just used oil from cannabis with the exact same profile, you would not know the difference.  It is not the same as your analogy because you WOULD get ALL the benefits.

most people find it very difficult to see beyond their choices. thank you for eloquently explaining some of these facts.

Mixing up a cannabis oil from separate constituents is very unlikely on a stove next to the grow room and a practice in futility. I see this never happening outside of a laboratory. a well equipped one at that. I've got no interest in that really, aside from tuggin these guys chains with the articles of the very same interests of others in the cannabis industry, ones with well equipped laboratories even. The only thing I add to my dabs is a Hakko ceramic 25 watt element. Any additives, like Pure Gold limonene sucks so far for me. Others though report excellent effects. I have breathed many terpenes, essential oils too. I vaporized some too. I prefer a fine Pink Plushberry slick myself, taken from the fist size red colas at their peak of perfect finish. They prefer to grow in composted promix and some happy frog fed with insect frasse. expensive, but worth it to me. me-insect poop cheater grower for sure !

peace

I'm just interested in the science.  Why tinker with perfection?  I'd definitely never add synthetic terpenes, i'd just like to have samples to be able to smell to do my own tinkering with guessing what's hi in my strains.  i do know an exctractionist(can't remember the scientific term)? and could venture to extracting terpenes from different plants and mixing them in but probably wouldn't do it. At least not for smoking or vaping, maybe into capsules for tailoring decarbed extracts for specific needs.  I just want to know how everything works whether or not I'd ever use it. :)  Knowledge is power.

when you source the ample terpenes go for the natural ones over the synthetic for smelling/using. My experience tells me a lot of those online "terpenes" are aroma therapy tools, not chemical analysis ones. The real deals are about 30-100 dram from a chemical supply ouse(sigma?) Be careful of contact with the terpenes, at least in their pure forms.

when you source the ample terpenes go for the natural ones over the synthetic for smelling/using. My experience tells me a lot of those online "terpenes" are aroma therapy tools, not chemical analysis ones. The real deals are about 30-100 dram from a chemical supply ouse(sigma?) Be careful of contact with the terpenes, at least in their pure forms.

If other 'patients' are involved, make sure you tell them that you added some of this 'turkey bologna' to the cannabis. Or if you want to bypass the term 'bologna' then you could just say you adulterated your cannabis with smells and tastes that didn't grow there. That's a must. 

Edited by Restorium2

. You are the only grower with this ridiculous idea of tricking patients with artificial flavorings like bologna.

Perhaps you should be concerned with patients being tricked into  believing their meds are pest/mold free, and have not been sprayed with
insecticides or Eagle 20, a much more prominent issue than flavor drops advertised in HT magazine.  You could write HT magazine, or the producer of those drops for a better focus. YOu made up a scenario, and are now arguing with it. creating ones truth does not make it true, your other personality knows better. you could start your own thread, and argue on with yourself you know. This may even be considered viable therapy for your sickness.

My response and advice to norby was specifically concerning this post of his "I'm just interested in the science. Why tinker with perfection? I'd definitely never add synthetic terpenes, i'd just like to have samples to be able to smell to do my own tinkering with guessing what's hi in my strains.

Somehow twisting his remark into adding thing to unsuspecting patients meds is sick, sick of you, and shows your sickness well. drum up another personality quick, before your current one crashes- again.
I forgot to ask. How old are you anyways?

Some posters are immature, drunk, sick, or on illicit drugs, maybe even experiencing prescription medication contraindications. I feel bad for those types and hope for speedy recovery.

If anyone here can show me how to block a poster like this please share directions with me, before yet another valuable thread is vanished?

Oh boy.

gm, I get all this and since this thread is on Terpenes I will not attempt to hijack.

My question is a generality.

Just when does it become irresponsible to be tinkering with nature?

I read above that "knowledge is power".  Power corrupts.  I would rather have

knowledge lead to an understanding, enough so to know when it is responsible to tinker.

humm, did that come out right?! lol

Edited by imiubu

Oh boy.

gm, I get all this and since this thread is on Terpenes I will not attempt to hijack.

I read above the knowledge is power.  Power corrupts.  I would rather have knowledge

lead to an understanding enough so to know when it is responsible to tinker.

When other people become involved in any way, especially if they are unsuspecting vicitims. Otherwise, have at it.

I have no intentions to "have at it".  I prefer my cannabis au natural :bong2:

Right. When someone is quoted it's not always that the comment is pointed right back at them. Like this time, the highlighted words in your post were perfect to reply to with the message I wanted to pass along. It had nothing to do with you personally. If I wanted to mess with you personally I would post just like grass does above. 

Some posters are immature, drunk, sick, or on illicit drugs, maybe even experiencing prescription medication contraindications. I feel bad for those types and hope for speedy recovery.

If anyone here can show me how to block a poster like this please share directions with me, before yet another valuable thread is vanished?

Wow what a hostile post. I think resto was concerned with the idea of unsuspecting patients receiving meds that have been adulterated/laced in the manner discussed in your posts.

who is adulterating unsuspecting patients' meds anyways? I only heard of that with the mention of the commercial suppliers already doing it for years, and resto. Who else  except pic book has reported on this practice. Its not new, years ago he mentioned a Nyquil dip experience. I'm not switching blame, or judging his experience. I hate the idea of someone adding anything to  a patents buds. Reading my history of posts shows just how adamant I am of organic approach,  toxin avoidance, clean water, natural fertilizers, pesticide alternatives, and proper room controls to avoid these issues. I don't add anything to any buds. I don't put flavorings in any dirt. I don't soak stems to draw up flavors or colors, I just don't do that nor did I imply that I do. The insistent reference to me practicing this is a personal attack, right up with the same personal attacks lobbed at dozens of posters over many years, according to google. Every person that I have supplied knows all of the same things I post of. Most knew of them before they met me, go figure. The great efforts I practice to bring a pure potent natural product to the table is evident to most people, even members here. I've acquired every cannabis cup winner, and seeds form every commercial vendor I've heard of just to chase these natural terpene profiles down.

My points here are to assure our community that these practices of flavoring buds, re introducing terpenes, custom genetic modification and more are all being performed, in our past even. pretending it doesn't exist(like pesticide use on cannabis(?) doesn't make it go away. Understanding that it is happening, why, and by whom provided empowerment. If internet was around in the 1940's you few would be acting the same then when I was yelling of these practices, all the while ignoring the advancements that were happening right under your nose, literally. I lack the knowledge to GMO a plant with specific purpose like color, variegation, terpene profiles, etc. The most I can be accused of accurately is very involved selective breeding. I use  a Punnet Square on the back of my hand. This is the way growers have been "genetically modifying" plants and animals alike. Hybrid breeding programs have been in play for thousands of years perhaps, nothing evil or new there really.

If adding substances to cannabis or its preparations is with issue to anyone I highly suggest getting in touch with Pure Gold and letting them know how you feel. I don't judge what they do, anymore than I judge those modifying pine trees to illuminate the freeways. The technology scares the hell out of me actually, and I believe the ramifications will change the face of the earth one day, as it is already becoming evident in livestock, farm crops, and even human beings. We could sweep it under the rug, like we do the insecticide shelf at the grow store. Or we could educate ourselves with personal decisions and tell nobody about it, or we could bring awareness to the community and provide answers and direction for safe production.

Our very own cattle are modified to taste "better", our corn is modified to be uniform, and produce toxic insecticides in it's own nature, humans are ingesting genetically modified organisms daily under the guise of biologics, our vaccines of the sixties were indeed GMO virus'. We have GMO'd most every farm animal, food crop, fruit, and some human beings currently. Very scary subjects, ones that upset many people for lack of understanding, personal convictions, proof of havoc, and an ominous vision of the near unavoidable future of this type of modification. Yet, it continues. I suspect this is the will of the "lesser of two evils" in our recent times.

Only one person has mentioned flavoring his bud. Then some who didn't like the idea were given one reason making the practice acceptable. Publicly accepted. So we at least one incident of success and a patient able to customize their meds for their personal enhancement. I find that fascinating considering I have NEVER had that type of positive result when I have sampled adulterated smoke. I came across bagweed in my life that was most definitely pizzed on by some foreign substance. A few times it was downright scary even. I am not a proponent of this practice as some here continue to insinuate.

My posts for along time have been combatively faced by a select few. I can see those posts in real time all at once, and see the pattern. I admit I post/paste original and pre written material that is sometimes controversial, so what of it?  I like the discussions that ensue, even some of the banter, and even some of the combative nature of some few has allowed me to see view not already considered by myself. It's all good to me. until this pattern of the same avatars making up information and misquoting in derogatory ways becomes evident, I'll play. Not every personality can mingle, I get it. I lack the discipline to walk way from bullies, always have. Bullies here make up their own info, engage in argumentative retort, then make issues of the means used by others to defend and correct their misunderstandings.

I offer my apology to community members for the disruptions. I suspect that wont change much with me or anyone in social media. When asked to cease posting forward thinking, backward thinking, statistics, news, controversial and otherwise disagreeable material here , I will. I might be able to stick to things like sexing plants in veg, 12/12 seeding, UV light used in flower rooms, cutting your flowering time by 20%, using darkness to save money while still successfully growing cannabis. for thought I have noticed that the more these few rip on me, the more followers I gain, the more friends I make, and the site stats soar, so I think it's probably not as bad a thing as some might believe. Peace to all, even the Flat Earth Society http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Edited by grassmatch

....concerned with the idea of unsuspecting patients receiving meds that have been adulterated/laced in the manner discussed in your posts.

yep, resto trolls my posts too, but I like him. his concern was directly of ME informing MY unsuspecting patients before I do what someone else mentioned they have done to their bud. this is the core of the issue at hand. I am sorry you missed that point, this must seem very upsetting without that information. Reading the thread from beginning to end typically has explained much when I have similar misunderstandings. The inference of me practicing this on unsuspecting patients is disturbing to me, but I fully understood why he did that, and reacted in my own way.

I showed many instances of a few different kinds of manipulations already going on in commercial applications all over the world, not in my grow room. I compost exotic fruits and vegetables and even cannabis, then, I grow a weed in that very fine composted dirt. If that upsets one, so be it. I've heard of some nasty compounds poured in soil or sprayed on buds, I don't like that, but it don't stop the practice.

peace to you

Oh boy.

I read above that "knowledge is power".  Power corrupts.  I would rather have

knowledge lead to an understanding, enough so to know when it is responsible to tinker.

That's a very good question ! I'm not even sure I can answer it, or even if qualified. I've known people

much more enlightened than me who have asked the same question. Most moral studies provide a similar answer, and I might

be compelled to agree with the bulk of their conclusions. I don't know if its a moral, civil or personal thing though.

We've been "tinkering with genetics" from day one. Its said by some that our own missing link is a mass tinkering result. one day we're dragging our knuckles the next we have poetry complicated languages, math, and eyeglasses even. I believe he mere breeding with another is a tinkering practice, a beautiful one at that. We see it as our drive, might be more to it. Initial meetings contain all kinds of info that used to guide us to union, I suspect the magic was there. today, not so much. The contrary results of selective breeding has shown many advantages in nature, even our nature.

To simplify my supposition I'd say using any artificial means of genetic manipulation would point my compass toward south. I'm torn though. Even the simplest cloning gel contains the exact same hormones, "naturally derived" and artificial as the ones used to begin a culture in vitro. Are they part of the genetic manipulation? I dunno? without them cloning is all but unheard of, and manipulations in vitro may not occur. Except inside of an embryonic cell these types of manipulation are not generally done in nature maybe? There are anomalies and mutants, but the rarity of these locating another to breed with is high, until enter us. Dogs with smashed poorly functioning sinus' come to mind?

If we were not "supposed to be" tinkering, perhaps it would enter our minds(morals?) If destiny is a thought maybe tinkering is supposed to happen, and be part of an ending, as I believe it ultimately will-there you have it, a distinctive GM opinion on the matter. Monsanto believes we would be starving largely if not for gmo crops. Their opposition is heard saying so be it!. I all to well know personally the end game of the corp. it aint good, nor is its intentions, nor are supporters. which leads me to this;

I find it strange that most all of us believe as you do, yet we demand the technology, right out approve it daily with our hard earned money and happily consume it. Many raise chickens/cows/sheep for the organic experience, and buy gmo corn to feed/ supplement their food. When we look into the cost of organic corn we find its double. now we revert back to the fake/tinkered cost of a store chicken and use that figure to decide that raising chickens properly is not feasible... so we jam gmo soy beans and oats and grains and corn into them and just use antibiotics and manual evacuations to relieve them of their dis-eases, digestive failures.

When we hate on GMO then go home and check our investment portfolios, do we ignore the fact that many are vested in private prisons for profit, another supposed peeve of many ? We hate on commercial marijuana movements, yet we invest in them with staggering dollars. We hate gmo foods, but still shop at wallmart for the cash sell out. we hate on china products yet that dollar store remains a viable investment opportunity for the hoards of shoppers in them. I wonder who has the cheapest "beef product" available to the fast food industry, yet we just don't care, except with our avatars maybe. I'm guilty of it too. Its an Amerikan condition. We all sell out in ways likely. when we just cant stand it anymore, we might choose to pretend it doesn't even exist, and there is nothing we could do about it even if it did.

While there is no moral reason to GMO anything on this planet, I understand the rapid development and interests in the subject. I am however biased a bit, as a result of being in the tissue culture business. I don't gmo anything, unless cloning gels count. I acquired an infected plant for the sampling of its diseased parts once. but that disease can be explanted and cultured right in the backyard. I did not gmo my hybrid trees either, but did use an off the shelf medicine to accomplish. That might just send me to hell, not sure. They are all males and will not produce pollen for thought. when they die they'll be burned. I have no copies of them remaining unfortunately. I could do it again though for a sell out.....see, I can sell out too. :hair:

I was serious. Don't put these fake odors or tastes on cannabis unless everyone who partakes knows it. My comment is on topic and shouldn't have been followed by solely personal attacks. 

Your veiled insults are see thru.

Sorry, thought that was a quote of my post, it sounded like it was aimed at me.  My fault.

Edited by Norby

Hard to tell what to think when people are talking about this stuff all the time like it is good or interesting. Restorium is not the only person that shares these concerns, of course I am the one that compared it to turkey bologna in the first place.

In the beginning of the thread, it was less about spraying buds with flavorings and more about adding pure terpenes to cannabis oil, as the Pure Gold. That is actually the product that inspired the turkey bologna comment from me, not High Times bud sprays. Nobody should think that adding limonene to cannabis oil is a good idea.

Why not?  They are there in the first place and lost thru decarbing.  I don't see how adding them back in teh same amounts would be any worse than using pesticides and actually much better than.

Is that the option? Either use pesticides or add artificial terpenes? Why have these two items been intermingled by you and grassmatch?

Rather than addressing the content of his posts which others found contentious, grassmatch attempted to refocus the conversation on Eagle 20? Grassmatch: the master of subterfuge

Is that the option? Either use pesticides or add artificial terpenes? Why have these two items been intermingled by you and grassmatch?

Why can't they be compared?  2 out of 3 samples from dispensaries in Ca had "dangerous levels" of pesticides on them according to Dr. Sanjay Gupta's findings.  I'm just saying that much worse and less natural things are being done daily and are widespread throughout the industry.  Why would this raise eyebrows when terpenes are just other medicines produced by MJ AND other plants.  People spray things like neem up till the day of harvest.  Organic pesticide and it doesn't even have medicinal affects for the user.  You may take aspirin while smoking MJ how would this be all that different.  People shouldn't eat mangoes or lemons or pepper their food either?  Just a thought.

option? Not sure what that means, but those "cannabis additives" are much less dangerous than a bud flavor enhancer. The point being thre is more fluffla here now over someone adding vanilla to their stem water than there ever has been when one mentions floraminte or egle 20 being added to their cannabis to enhance/support medicinal crops is all.

This community has widely accepted flavoring of cannabis oil with little negativity. These types of flavorings are sold in smoke shops everywhere. From peppermint to bubble gum, and even sold now under the dispensary glass, = pre flavored cannabis oil".

The issue here is that I have reported yet again one more subject That Resto believes is easy fodder to post his disdain for me/my avatar. The remainder of posters are enjoying the "ginning of the crowd" perhaps, not sure?