Central Mi Compassion Club Meeting Saturday Oct 25Th

greaterclare

• 3 weeks later...

With the new law in Mt. Pleasant maybe it should be renamed Mt. Pleasant CC

People are allowed to posses and I believe exchange any amount less than an ounce. Sure opens up a lot of opportunity and would make it more fun.

It would be really fun to be able to compare meds with people from MMMA and elsewhere :D

With the new law in Mt. Pleasant maybe it should be renamed Mt. Pleasant CC

People are allowed to posses and I believe exchange any amount less than an ounce. Sure opens up a lot of opportunity and would make it more fun.

It would be really fun to be able to compare meds with people from MMMA and elsewhere :D

I appreciate your enthusiasm and wish I could say this was a great idea, but it isn't. The voter passed initiative language is listed here: Shall Article XIV of the Charter of the City of Mount Pleasant, Michigan be amended to add a new Section 7, entitled "Marihuana", to state that: "Nothing in the  Code of Ordinances shall apply to the use, possession or transfer of less than 1 ounce of marihuana, on private property, or transportation of less than 1 ounce of marihuana, by a person who has attained the age of 21 years".

Though this sounds like on private property, doing exactly what you suggest would be just fine, the police within the city of Mt. Pleasant have already pledged to use state law in these matters, which could put people in danger of arrest and prosecution. I have even been privy to a well known Mt. Pleasant officer's face book posting full of boasting how he and the department will put people in jail if "they think the new ordnance is going to protect them". It's pretty disgusting.  Here is also an article with Jeff Browne stating that how the Mt. Pleasant City Police will not change how they deal with marajuana:  http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2014/11/marijuana_initiative_passes_in.html

There are also words in the ordinance that have been defined differently by the MMMP, the MI Supreme Court, and various police agencies. One word in particular that worries me is "transfer". What exactly is this? An exchange without compensation, with compensation, or for trade of equal value? We just don't know how this is going to be dealt with. I will be consulting with attorneys regarding the ins and outs of how to keep our members safe and will be following up in here soon.