Smart Meter Dte Extorion

I remember my folks getting ready for Y2K, and I made fun of them til we were past the point of it happening, than I made more jokes. We're still working off them canned goods. That's what I don't want to be doing now, but really who wants to get stuck with a first gen smart meter. The first rollout of any new electronic product is filled with problems, and that's why so many are being replaced right now. We don't have the choice of picking what meter we get put on, based on that companies reputation. We get whatever meter the contractor that's installing it decides to put on. Btw if anyone is a caregiver and legitimately worried about RF, look into Solistek Digital Ballasts, they shield the RF so it doesn't interfere with other digital signals.

Edited by slipstar059

what device do you use to test for radio waves, resto?

i just picked up a kill-o-watt and have been testing things to see how much energy my microwave uses to display a clock (.2 watts)

I bought a device that transforms IR to RW so I can operate remotely operated things when they are out of 'line of sight' and at a great distance. It has a RW indicator that shows when it encounters radio waves. 

Edited by Restorium2

Our house generator,we only bought it from DTE. They do not service it,or install it, in fact they don't even know we have it.We bought it from them and they don't even know we have it? Brainiacs must work there. All the dumbazz sees are two meter boxes,one that is empty. Since I put up the beware of dog sign,I notice they are using that little meter....sissies. The dogs can't get to them anyways. And who is scared of 2 insanely barking,jumping up and down,and biting the fence Jack Russells? They are just little dogs!  HEE HEE.

Our house generator,we only bought it from DTE. They do not service it,or install it, in fact they don't even know we have it.We bought it from them and they don't even know we have it? Brainiacs must work there. All the dumbazz sees are two meter boxes,one that is empty. Since I put up the beware of dog sign,I notice they are using that little meter....sissies. The dogs can't get to them anyways. And who is scared of 2 insanely barking,jumping up and down,and biting the fence Jack Russells? They are just little dogs!  HEE HEE.

Jointedone, tried to send you a message that Paulie is doing great.

• 2 weeks later...

OK for the original poster, dude just sign up for the opt out.. yes they do charge you , but its a one time fee of 69.39. .. and  then an additional 9.72 per month for the manual reader fee...

How many years will you be willing to pay $120 for the dumb meter. I considered the opt-out until I did the math. Then I decided to move.

How many years will you be willing to pay $120 for the dumb meter. I considered the opt-out until I did the math. Then I decided to move.

As long as it takes, meaning i never will.. just saw on tv that there is a concern of health to the homeowners now... go figure.. 

• 2 months later...

News

Sports

Autos

Business

Life

Entertainment

Opinion

USA TODAY

Media

social

search

Firefly

Wladyslaw (Wally) Kowalski, 60, of Bloomingdale is fighting to keep his home in rural Van Buren County after police raided it in September and confiscated his marijuana plants.

The Frederick Douglass Branch for Specialized Services is in the Woodbridge neighborhood of Detroit. On Thursday, it will become the Douglass Technology Center, still part of the Detroit Public Library system.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig talks about the police department’s relationship with the community. “Detroit’s not a Ferguson, absolutely not a Ferguson,” Craig said.

How Detroit was reborn

Avoid the pitfalls; here's what you need to know about financial aid.

Pro-Russian rebels leave the eastern Ukrainian city of Debaltseve after an operation on Friday Feb. 20, 2015.

Charlie Bothuell IV and his wife, Monique Dillard-Bothuell, are shown in court last summer during a probation hearing in an unrelated matter.

John Bieniewicz, 44, right, with two boys.

Bassel Saad, 36, stands before Judge Timothy Kenny (not seen) with his attorney Cyrill Hall as he enters a plea of guilty or no contest to involuntary manslaughter during a hearing on Friday, February 20, 2015 at theFrank Murphy Hall of Justice in Detroit. Saad,, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 44-year-old John Bieniewicz last summer.

President Barack Obama speaks during the general session of the 2015 DNC Winter Meeting in Washington, D.C., on Friday Feb. 20.

Scott Wobbe of Westland, left, talks with his attorney, Raymond Cassar, before a preliminary exam in 37th District Court in Warren on Feb. 20, 2015. Wobbe is charged in the murder of his girlfriend Theresa DeKeyzer.

Jami Contreras, 30, of Oak Park changes her 4-month-old daughter, Bay Contreras. Contreras and her wife were told by a doctor in October that she wouldn’t see Bay because they were gay.

Download the Detroit Free Press app today.

Executive chef Andy Hollyday prepares a dish in the kitchen at Selden Standard in Detroit on Monday, January 19, 2015. Selden Standard is the 2015 Detroit Free Press Restaurant of the Year.

Detroit Free Press

Apartments.comCareerBuilderCars.comhomefinderMovingCompanyReviews.comFindNSaveMichigan Dot Com

Loading…

Court affirms decisions in DTE meter opt-out program

Associated Press 6:16 p.m. EST February 21, 2015

DFP_energy2_smart_ho_1_1_H08TO1H7_L505942905.JPG

(Photo: Jessica J. Trevino/Detroit Free Press)

CONNECT

TWEET

LINKEDIN

COMMENT

EMAIL

MORE

DETROIT – The Michigan appeals court has rejected challenges from people who don’t want a new digital meter from DTE Energy.

The court says state regulators did nothing illegal or unreasonable in approving an opt-out program. It allows DTE to charge customers about $10 a month to send someone to a house to record electricity usage by hand from an old meter.

So-called smart meters allow utilities to monitor electricity without sending an employee to each address. DTE says customers can go online and see how much electricity is being used on an hourly basis.

Dominic and Lillian Cusumano of Oakland County’s Addison Township say the meter is an illegal surveillance device that violates the U.S. Constitution, even if it’s turned off. The appeals court disagreed in a decision released Friday.