Suspicious Fire Caused By Medical Marijuana Cardholder 'open Blasting' For Hash Oil, Police Say

I'm sure oil is more acceptable in NY because of their sourcing for camnabis. Maybe it's changed, but at one point, the state was supplying patients with confiscated cannabis. It's a lot safer to blast, it and consume oil, than to worry about the mold and mildew that comes with the dried plant.

?  Flowers are illegal in NY whether you are a patient or not.  When was the state supplying confiscated meds to patients?  They only passed the law a little while ago, I don't know if it's even in effect, how could they be supplying confiscated pot to patients, esp. when flowers are illegal?

Am I understanding this correctly ? You use 24 cans of butane through 24 oz. of donor material to end up with 20 grams of oil ?

well lets do the math, it takes 2 cans of butane for 2 oz's of sugar leafs and scrap budds, and 1 can for 1 oz of sugar leafs and scrap budds, so, yea 3 cans to extract 3 oz's of scraps (it isnt all donations lol) I get any where from 13 grams to 20 grams from 24 cans of butane and 24 oz's of scrap!

I dont mess with any scrap that isnt full of trics!  when I extract I can see if it is coming out green or clear at that time, when it is clear I stop and use the rest of the butane in that can on the next run, I always use both of my extraction tubes, so I fill them both and run 3 cans, and than I dump them both in the garbage (to go in my fire pit) and I imediatly run both extractors again, I can fit 24 cans of butane in my glass pyrex pan it is pretty full of butane and oil when im done, I go into house and get a larger like turkey pan, a throw away pan, I put my pyrex pan in it and fill the turkey pan with hot sink water, it imediatly bubbles and starts to evape, I do this sometimes upto 4 times before it is safe to bring in the house for the last steps, which is non flamable by than!

I do mine in my camper, I turn off the gas, i unplug the battery and unplug the power and I most def dont smoke in there lol, I also lock the door and open all of the windows, so I get to do mine in a most comfortable way and not get any shtuff blowing in the air in my oil, plus I get to sit on my lazy butt and do it all, it usualy takes me around 4 hrs from start to smoke or eat!

Peace

well lets do the math, it takes 2 cans of butane for 2 oz's of sugar leafs and scrap budds, and 1 can for 1 oz of sugar leafs and scrap budds, so, yea 3 cans to extract 3 oz's of scraps (it isnt all donations lol) I get any where from 13 grams to 20 grams from 24 cans of butane and 24 oz's of scrap!

I dont mess with any scrap that isnt full of trics!  when I extract I can see if it is coming out green or clear at that time, when it is clear I stop and use the rest of the butane in that can on the next run, I always use both of my extraction tubes, so I fill them both and run 3 cans, and than I dump them both in the garbage (to go in my fire pit) and I imediatly run both extractors again, I can fit 24 cans of butane in my glass pyrex pan it is pretty full of butane and oil when im done, I go into house and get a larger like turkey pan, a throw away pan, I put my pyrex pan in it and fill the turkey pan with hot sink water, it imediatly bubbles and starts to evape, I do this sometimes upto 4 times before it is safe to bring in the house for the last steps, which is non flamable by than!

I do mine in my camper, I turn off the gas, i unplug the battery and unplug the power and I most def dont smoke in there lol, I also lock the door and open all of the windows, so I get to do mine in a most comfortable way and not get any shtuff blowing in the air in my oil, plus I get to sit on my lazy butt and do it all, it usualy takes me around 4 hrs from start to smoke or eat!

Peace

TMI Watch your step/posts.

Peace

I am not a mathemagician but it looks like you're getting less than 1 gram per oz. As previously posted , I just ran 4 oz. of close trim/popcorn and 3 cans of butane with a post purge weight of 17.2 grams . Just wondering why there is such discrepancy in our respective return ? 

3 cans , 4 oz. = 17.2 grams , 4+ to 1  :) 

24 cans , 24 oz. = 20 grams , less than 1 to 1 ?

Whatdafuc Phaque ?  :) 

Edited by knucklehead bob

I'm curious to learn more about BHO extractions.  I had a patient a few years ago who was also invested in the glass business.  He gifted me a glass tube made for BHO extractions.  I kinda laughed because it held about 4 grams total, which seemed to be a waste of time for me.

At the time, I had been doing butane extractions.  I'd take a 1-quart canning jar and punch two holes in the lid.  One hole was for the butane can.  The second hole was just a vent.  I'd discharge the butane into the jar and then let the solution sit for a few days in my barn.  I was surprised how long the butane would stay liquid.  I'd let it sit a few days, then take the lid off, remove the lid cap/liner, and use the steel ring to hold cheesecloth over the mouth of the jar, then let it drain, then evaporate.  I had great results.  I usually did two extractions per batch...as in add the butane, drain it, then run it again.  The results were marvelous, but the material used in the extraction was still loaded with trichomes when I was finished - even after soaking in butane for a few days.

Has anyone else tried a longer-term extraction using butane - letting it soak for awhile?  All I have read about butane extractions involves a quick butane run.  Is there a benefit to letting the butane soak the material for a day or two?  Or are most of the desired ingredients extracted with a quick butane wash? 

I am not a mathemagician but it looks like you're getting less than 1 gram per oz. As previously posted , I just ran 4 oz. of close trim/popcorn and 3 cans of butane with a post purge weight of 17.2 grams . Just wondering why there is such discrepancy in our respective return ? 

3 cans , 4 oz. = 17.2 grams , 4+ to 1  :) 

24 cans , 24 oz. = 20 grams , less than 1 to 1 ?

Whatdafuc Phaque ?

The amount differs, I guess it matters which strains I run and how much budds to sugar leafs, but I have to tell ya Im not complaining, im turning trash into good stash and that is good enough for me,,,I wish I had enough mm to run budds only, im pos I would get a great return, but like I said im happy with it, I wouldnt smoke the scraps any how eh?

Peace