Need A Diesel Strain Recommendation

Now hey there folks, I'm looking for a Diesel strain with some particular qualities, and am hoping for it to fit as such, verbatim as per how it was requested of me from my patient:

"I want it to be one of those ones that even smells like truck fuel, you know? It just punches you in the face. And it should feel like...the only places you need to go are to your refrigerator, and to your couch smiling the whole way. You got somethin' like that?"

I was previously in search of a skunky Skunk strain, but am lead to believe that  R.K.S. may fit the bill I'm looking for. (Being that it was the actual skunk smell..you know, that smell that you had in a bag, in a jar, in a box, in your closet and it STILL managed to perform some variation of stupendous nasal coitus with your airways? THAT sort of skunky skunk.)

------- That being said, back to the Diesel, anyone have any recommendations?

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Pic, I'm not sure what to say to you other than that: I'll trust a seed company to tell me what a strain is sooner than I'll trust some guy who thinks the grass is more green just because it's been grown in the D. - Nuff said. Now, if you have any ACTUAL proof that what I'd be getting weren't R.K.S., that'd be welcome, but until then it's all bunk. Period. End of story. Bunk.

On another note entirely, I am EXCEPTIONALLY pleased at Roo's Holy Grail references, a Shrubbery indeed!

Most certainly will GM, I have been steered towards looking at an East Coast Sour Diesel, and despite it having a slightly more lemon smell it appears all in order, any thoughts?

even cindy99, dairyqueen, cheeses, and dozens others are just skunky phenotypes, but those are garbage truck/bitter sweet flavors of skunk.

I think I know what you mean, the skunk that would make you sneeze, burn your eyes, and make your fingertips itch when cleaning it.....??? let me know what that was called please. I've grown EVERY strain with "skunk" listed at the big vendor site, and all were great, but not what I was seeking. Otherwise Cheesedog won hands down when I got to it. I kept that one for three years here till I tired of it. RKS was stomach turning rot sweet stink, a valuable treat, but not a go to.(imdao)

I've heard that Skunk #1 has the qualities I was looking for in a skunk (in regards to the smell etc), what was your experience with that one if you've grown it thus far?

In regards to burning eyes and itchy fingers, those seem particularly close to what I'm remembering: With a heavy Pine and Skunk smell, like someone had taken a blue spruce sapling to the head of one of said stank beasts.

I've heard that Skunk #1 has the qualities I was looking for in a skunk (in regards to the smell etc), what was your experience with that one if you've grown it thus far?

In regards to burning eyes and itchy fingers, those seem particularly close to what I'm remembering: With a heavy Pine and Skunk smell, like someone had taken a blue spruce sapling to the head of one of said stank beasts.

ALL of the "Skunk's" are stellar, but not that ONE we're seeking, yet. gotta warm fuzzy feeling though, that I'm not the only connoisseur of Sam's find. now I just need to find it.

I am giving Mr Nice "Shiite" another chance. I grew and liked it a lot, in hydro some years ago. I'm hoping the rumors are correct, and its THE skunk I seek. His shark shock and Nordle is next,flying Dutchmen Pure, then I give up. I've grown these in hydro searching for the elusive old school strain, but revisiting with organics in mind.

OG#18 x Skunk has been the BEST strain I ever smoked in my life, every time I start her. Very close to what we're looking for. a keeper, you'll see. If I oculd only have one strain forever that would be it.

Word. Anyone have experience using Dr. Greenthumb genetics? I was looking at his ECSD specifically so far but am a little iffy on doing any ordering

excellent service, go for normal shipping. don't be put off by the girl answering the phone during a talk show. just proceed with your order, a few days later, you're on fire! authentic, strong, good garden habits. Iranian was the weakest strain of his I sampled, and Matanuska FunderThuck is the one I still need to sample. expensive, worth every penny.

What about "Skunk Classic" from Flying Dutchmen? Claims are that contains the original Columbian x Mexican x Afghani cross only stable. Advertises that very skunk smell I was lookin for

Edit: Dr Greenthumb no longer accepts card and I cant truely say I feel much better using any of the other methods described for ordering so I fear that option is out in regards to the ECSD. Which is a shame,both because I was looking at his Matanuska Thunderfuck and because it appears to be the only flat ECSD that doesn't have haze in there. So I am now on the hunt for another Diesel strain as described in the first post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Iranian was the weakest strain of his I sampled

yes, agreed, of his fuel strains it has the weakest fuel stench....yet among the peeps who hate greenthumb genetics, it is the one they ask for again and again (i'm speaking of iranian auto--formerly called iranian short season).  problem is, the yield is only great when run outdoors may june july, the only time period he recommends to grow it.

Edited by pic book

this is the real value of disps.  from  one that has the largest smorgasboard you buy ten 1/8s of lthe most ikelies to fit the bill and 'give' them unlabeled to your patient for him to choose his strain.  this is the value of disps; having the real deals to burn.  others descriptions just cannot accurately portray your patient's taste and effect with those samples.