How Many Lights Can One Patient Grow With?

Thedude33

I have been wanting to add a big bay window on the back/side of house and have it as a green house, but also use it for thermo heating, you have your plants in the green house/bay window and of course some back up lighting for the days and nites when you need it, and you also have a vent cut into the base of the bay window and have it feed the heat down to a large room with a bunch of milk jugs filled with water, water jugs filled also, and you put a squirl cage fan in it to get the heat flow going to the room below, it will help to heat your home and the bay window will be a good grow room,  the squirl vent can be operated by the sun alone, you only need a little solar battery to run that, I use one to charge my battery while camping just for the fun of it.

I have a friend who built a cottage up here and he made a grow room 2 story's high, and he filled his whole crawl space with any kinda jug he could find filled with water, he also took and made a burm around his whole house so the crawl space floor was 6 ft under ground, he has never shut his water off, he dont go there all winter and his pipes havent froze in over 10 yrs! solar mass!

now his grow room is not for what we would use it for but ive been thinking of a way I could make that work yr round, im sure they have some type of black screening that the sun comes thru but you cant see the lights from the outside when you use them. I see them black panels on folks houses that catch the sun and charge battery's to save on electric bills and heating cost, so im sure some one could think of a way to incorporate that into a legal grow room and get alot of savings from heat and electric bills, my friend only has a wood burner for a heater and he has a small electric hot water heater, ive been down in his crawl space in the middle of winter and I have not seen it colder than 60 f down there!  so if he comes up in the winter it dont take no time to heat the place up.

Peace

ok i finally figured out where this type of misinformation is coming from.

its because some cities are trying to use the draft ordinances about home occupations and square footage. even after ter beek v wyoming.

heres farmington hills city meeting minutes from 4/28/14:

http://www.fhgov.com/egov/documents/1398779065_38933.pdf

Councilmember Lerner questioned if the City should be further regulating medical marijuana when there is already State law and the City has existing ordinances to regulate home occupations through zoning and building and electrical codes.

Attorney Joppich explained that if someone wanted toinstall equipment with excessive lighting, etc., this would fall under a different use category other than a home occupation and other regulations might apply; but without any type of ordinance to regulate this use, the City may never know about the operations or those unusual circumstances.

Discussion was held on the provision to allow for only one caregiver per zoning lot. Attorney

Joppich stated that the court ruling in the Ter Beekcase does not attempt to tell communities how to regulate the use of medical marijuana and only indicates that the City can’t prohibit it. He stated that the City has the right to reasonably regulate the use.

Mr. Lerner stated that he did not particularly agree with passing an ordinance that was contrary to State Law.

• 4 weeks later...

as many as your wallet can afford..

.it would NOT be reasonable to attempt to limit "lights" for MM card carrying people --of course, unless they limited everyone else's lights too (that would go over well I bet) --

equal protection under the law = got to treat people equal (protection under the law).....soo, they  cannot, generally, (attempt to) enact laws targeting one group ....

for educational purposes only....

M

Edited by Murph