Decriminalization, Who Needs A Caregiver?

trichcycler

It's still nice to see 60% of the folks that went to the poll in Saginaw are not haters of cannabis. That's what I take away from this. These people live in a area that is famous for high crime and law enforcement pointing fingers every which way as to what the problem is. The people who live in Saginaw obviously don't believe that cannabis is part of the problem. Keep in mind the Sheriff took a car from a marijuana patient and drove it around with a decal saying, "Taken from a drug dealer".  They took a brain tumour patient's car and lawn mower too.

This vote was a huge statement for Saginaw. 

State cops and regional drug task forces could both get you.

Local cops are sworn to protect and the oath also includes upholding state law. Ever get stopped by a cop in your own city and have them feel bad for you because you live there? No. They're adrenaline junkies looking to up their arrest count to chase that next promotion.

cops take tests to get a better posisition, but yes they do have a certain amount of tickets that their bosses want them to write, they will all tell you they dont have a certain amount of tickets to write but they do,

as far as promotions go they have tests that officers can take to get the sgt or Lt or cap jobs, my old man was a cop he retired in 1985 he was the president of his local union for 19 yrs and president of the p.o.a.m for over 8 yrs, when they started poam he was the first secratary, you have a pres, vice pres, treasure and secratary, so he was one of the founding members of the original poam, most people have no clue about the union part of cops,  but any how it is all politics as far as the union goes,,,

my old man took all of the sgt tests and when he got the best scores he would pass on the promotion, he loved being involved in the union, he was their top negiator and he drew two salaries, one from his cop job and one from his union job, he was also a vice pres of a national union, and they had their meetings a few times a yr in cool places like fl, or ca, and me and my brother only had to pay for our plane fair and trust me it was an awsome vaca for us, laying on the beach in both cali and fl and getting drinks brought to us on the beach yee haww,,,,all we had to do was sign pops name lol and them heinies were expensive on the beach lol!

but pops now wishes he would have taken them promotions because of the retirement plans, but to little to late!

Peace

When your old man was a cop police forces were different. There's a definite change in the attitude among cops these days. I think cops used to be more easy going.  Maybe it's just my opinion.

Cops take tests? I thought they were illiterate. How can they take tests? Oh I know what you mean.....say your ABC's backwards and bench press 300 and you're promoted?  :D

It was symbolic, just a way to show the representatives that the people are leaning towards legalization. Then again Grand Rapids prosecuting attorney has been fighting awful hard to get this publicly voted ordinance off the books. I still see tons of possession comvictions in GR. Then again maybe those are plea agreements, dropped to a lesser charge.

When your old man was a cop police forces were different. There's a definite change in the attitude among cops these days. I think cops used to be more easy going. Maybe it's just my opinion.

A lot of people think it's because of the soldiers with PTSD coming back from Afghanistan, and re-enacting the events they, witnessed or were part of, in their new job as peace officers.