Is Using Marijuana A Sin?

trichcycler

honestly, I was only addressing Christians and some of their views of cannabis by re posting this article and vid. carry on though, the more I learn, the dumber I feel. this is educational.

I agree.  I love learning new things like this.

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Cannabis seed best food known for man

I don't know bro.  Gotta love a nice bbq cow.  Unless you're vegan of course.

I fully support the right to die, the right of dignity in death, assisted suicide, or what ever one chooses to call it.

I follow a woman who sells a suicide kit and ends up in court all year. these people are my hero's. I've seen so many people ready to die,

dying of a death they did not choose, and only staying alive because of some fear of afterlife punishment, extreme painful death or just

cannot do it themselves.

Every prisoner in our country should be first offered a really good meal, and a chance to die with dignity within the next hour. the only people on earth

that cannot grasp a sane, humane, painless, peaceful imposed death are the executioners on death row. Nembutal is peaceful. one pill, no convulsions, no

seizures, no eye popping, chemical burns, or electricity. We should all be embarrassed for allowing the tragedy that is our current death row results.

Yes, if you're a Muslim cannabis is a sin/harem, so is immodesty, homosexuality, abortion, and most basic human rights. All you have to to is look the answer from any Imam ever to get your answer.

It is blatantly obvious that you have either not read or not understood my post.

The opinions of a single Imam are not an authority on Islam as a whole any more than the Westboro Baptist Church is an authority on Christianity.  So your statement that one just has to look at what any Imam says if at best misguided.  You are clearly ignorant of what most Imams say.  Anyone can find an Imam who's a dick, just like anyone can find a pastor who's a dick.  There are 1,400,000,000 of us after all. 

"most basic human rights?"

That's a hoot.  Muslims run the human rights orgs in the Middle East, and are doing a lot more good than their American counterparts who are content to sit at home and moan about how human rights are being violated.

*edited to remove unfair criticism [on my part]*

Edited by Wulf Nesthead

I know khat is a stimulant. But it changes how you feel and sorta gets you high.

Don't get so defensive.  I didn't ask the question because I thought khat use is a sin.  I asked because there are very large segments of Muslims that use khat and I therefore feel they don't think it is a sin.  Was just wondering how they justify it.  If you'd rather not talk about it that's fine.  With your in depth posts I thought you would be open to such a question.  My bad!

No, that's cool.  I apologize if my tone was brusque; you were probably getting some blowback from when I was addressing the troll's posts.  I'm sorry.

I'll be happy to answer more in depth, but it won't take long inshallah.

Last I checked most scholars were of the opinion that khat is haram.  There are probably some Yemeni scholars who think otherwise, after all it's a big part of Yemeni culture.  It's definitely a regional thing though. 

It may be instructive to reflect that even if all the men, women, and children of Yemen--including babies at the breast--chewed khat, it's still less than 2% of Muslims worldwide (about 1.7%).  For comparison, the percentage of sociopaths in a population is supposed to be between 2% and 4%.  Not saying they are sociopaths, mind, just that it's a (comparatively) small number.

Having studied ethnobotany for fifteen years (as a dilettante), I've always been curious about khat.  It loses its efficacy after forty eight hours or so, so black market khat obtained elsewhere is expensive as--well, something very expensive.

Those who chew it probably consider either that it's not a sin or that it's a minor one, or believe it's a sin but don't particularly care.

Shouldn't that be how it is though? Should Americans be meddling in the Mid East?

No, of course that's how it should be.  It's just that people think Muslims are somehow against human rights, and my point was no, Muslims work their bums off for human rights in their countries.  A lot of these groups are mad as hell at certain $h1+ disturbers in the United States who make specious claims about what goes on--or doesn't go on--in the Middle East.

I forgot to mention that the postings were from a Muslim scholar researching pagan ideology in the church. I am an atheist, and the last post was all me. I had paraphrased what he wrote, but since my phone sucks and freezes anytime I post anything over 100 words, I copied and pasted.

Nevertheless, Muslim scholars often make mistakes.  I don't have to take what they say as authoritative, and when it comes to the history of religions I often take what they say with a block of salt, since they have an ideological axe to grind.

I am aware that you are an atheist, I said that explicitly on the first page.

Edited by Wulf Nesthead

The full research by Abdullah Kareem can be found here: http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/cross_pagan_origins.htmbe forwarned that he does site an atheist (scary). I've read all this seperately in the past, but it's nice to have everything sourced in one location.

I think you mean cite.

And...

that website is mostly silly.

We have our share of idiots, like any group.

There is some truth in there, but it's so thoroughly mixed with falsehood and lack of thought that it's useless, perhaps even harmful.

Edited by Wulf Nesthead

I didn't research "imams that are dicks" my search terms were marijuana/Islam. I simply veered the conversation back to the topic of how religions regard camnabis use, by using videos, of Muslim "holy" leaders. I don't see how joining in a conversation and posting those videos was trollish, in any way. The death sentences handed out for hash possession are rampant accross all middle eastern countries. What your doing is a sin to people of your faith, and your trying to justify it.

Edited by slipstar059

If you really believe in god you should follow what he says all the time, not just when it fits in with your own ideologies. Just because you don't think its a sin, doesn't mean it isn't one. I don't worry about things like that, but if you believe in a judging god, you probobally should.

Edited by slipstar059

Well I definitely know there's a difference between Islam and radical Islamists. Just like Catholics and Protestants and their violent counterparts in the IRA.

Or the Catholics killing the Muslims in the crusades. So many horrible things have been done in the name of God, it's insane.

I love everyone, and I wish the whole world felt the same way.