Sulphur Burner

trichcycler

I bought one ten years ago and hung it in my greenhouse outside. It looked really cool, all yellow and shiny. I really wanted someone to see it but they never did. I once plugged it in to see how hot it got, and yes, I plopped a pinch of a full jar of sulpher pellets to dig the smell. It was overwhelming of course, so I dumped it out, unplugged it, and anxiously awaited 2008.

I quickly carried it unused  to my new indoor grow room. It looks just as cool in there. still all yellow and shiny, and I still have the full jar of pellets for it. I now know I'll never need it. it looks just like this one, and I see a review there too. not mine though, it would say "really cool looking" if it was.
http://www.greners.com/i/pest-control/evaporators/sulphur-evaporator.html

I don't want it anymore.
I've got cool tube lights, a liquid cooled propane c02 burner,(make offer) and one thousand pre mixed clonal storage large size test tubes. pre filled, sterile, and ready to store clones indefinitely in animated suspension. they will not root, and will not grow. they will need a light source like a cfl 24/7 in a box. a sterilized cutting goes in and its capped under sterile conditions. like Lysol, alcohol, ....see tissue culture thread.
tubes were mixed in bulk and these were unused. brand new, sealed, shippable. cuttings count as a plant.
some tubes are plastic ones like the pic, others a glass. I use both with pleasure. I think they're about 6-8 inches tall and about 1/2 inch in diameter.

I have a pretty, yellow, shiny sulfur burner too! Only needed it once. It solved the problem 100% (powdery mildew). Luckily nothing was flowering at the time. I had a bad infestation of it too. A couple treatments in one day and it took care of it. I was surprised. I didn't use the pellets like you mention. I ordered what the site recommend. I received a large tub of sulfur powder that said "Fireworks" on it, interesting I thought. I was a bit confused, but went with it. I used less than the recommended amount and I did not burn it for the amount of time other people described on other forums. Just heated it enough to melt the powder and produce a strong vapor in the room. When I was done, and it cooled, all I did was pull the cup out, turned it upside down and out dropped a solid puck of sulfur. I didn't even have to scrape and clean it. I heard others complain that it is a pain to clean it out. Maybe they over heated or it was the pellets?

Out in the woods during the cool rainy season powdery mildew can develop easily. I won't be caught without one. I recommend all growers to have one, just in case. I hope I never need it again, but it is nice knowing I have it.

For me, I have to say that it is a great product and worth the investment. It saved me a lot in the long run considering I could have lost an entire harvest. One use and it more than paid for itself.

Edit: With my luck, if I sold or gave mine away, the following season I would probably get powdery mildew again! Just my luck, right?

Mine was put to use in 2009, then never needed it again.

Edited by GrowGoddess

• 1 month later...

I have a pretty, yellow, shiny sulfur burner too! Only needed it once. It solved the problem 100% (powdery mildew). Luckily nothing was flowering at the time. I had a bad infestation of it too. A couple treatments in one day and it took care of it. I was surprised. I didn't use the pellets like you mention. I ordered what the site recommend. I received a large tub of sulfur powder that said "Fireworks" on it, interesting I thought. I was a bit confused, but went with it. I used less than the recommended amount and I did not burn it for the amount of time other people described on other forums. Just heated it enough to melt the powder and produce a strong vapor in the room. When I was done, and it cooled, all I did was pull the cup out, turned it upside down and out dropped a solid puck of sulfur. I didn't even have to scrape and clean it. I heard others complain that it is a pain to clean it out. Maybe they over heated or it was the pellets?

Out in the woods during the cool rainy season powdery mildew can develop easily. I won't be caught without one. I recommend all growers to have one, just in case. I hope I never need it again, but it is nice knowing I have it.

For me, I have to say that it is a great product and worth the investment. It saved me a lot in the long run considering I could have lost an entire harvest. One use and it more than paid for itself.

Edit: With my luck, if I sold or gave mine away, the following season I would probably get powdery mildew again! Just my luck, right?

Mine was put to use in 2009, then never needed it again.

So did the mildew just go away, or did you have to wash the leaves after you used the burner?

So did the mildew just go away, or did you have to wash the leaves after you used the burner?

It stopped the spread of it and for the most part it went away. I did not wash any leaves.

My veg plants and those that just began to flower were all effected. One treatment solved the problem after which I adjusted my ventilation and airflow.

I never had the problem come back, but if I do, the sulfur burner will be utilized to tackle the problem. I consider it a quality tool for every grower to have. Even if you only need to use it once, or even never at all.

• 1 month later...

I bought one ten years ago and hung it in my greenhouse outside. It looked really cool, all yellow and shiny. I really wanted someone to see it but they never did. I once plugged it in to see how hot it got, and yes, I plopped a pinch of a full jar of sulpher pellets to dig the smell. It was overwhelming of course, so I dumped it out, unplugged it, and anxiously awaited 2008.

I don't want it anymore.

Only needed it once, too? 

Why not just put it up for free rental to any Forum supporter CG's? Seeing as how everyone only needs it apparently once in ten years, one unit could potentially make a huge impact on a small community!  :lol: