What Else Are You Growing In Your Garden?

I wood

sorry pic

the emoticons i presented tell a story of the way i feel about this particular subject...

first... "sick" :sick:  - i posted it to say...that statement makes me sick

second "money"  :money:  - posted this icon to say it is all about the money.

sorry pic if i offended you in some way.

i sincerely do apologize.. even tho i truly feel like i don't necessarily owe the apology.

in my humble opinion these products are dangerous.. and dealing with these are all about money and that makes me sick.

kratom is a natural form of hydrocodone.  how is that sad, or dangerous?     

It's not the governments place to make any plant/substance illegal.  When they do it only creates more violence and ubiquity of said substance.  They should make money illegal and everyone would have it. :)

It should be treated as a health problem with appropriate treatment. Illegality makes problems worse as the info isn't out there and people tend to keep the problem to themselves till it's too late.  I think making it legal and putting the information out there is the best/most humane and cheapest thing that anyone could do about it.  When the gov't makes something illegal it's more like advertisement than anything else.

Edited by Norby

Mitragyna speciosa (ketum,[2] kratom or kratum,[3] Thai: กระท่อม) is a tropical deciduous and evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malesia floristic regions. Its leaves are used for medicinal properties. It is psychoactive, and leaves are chewed to uplift mood and to treat health problems.[4] M. speciosa is indigenous to Thailand and, despite growing naturally in the country, has been outlawed for 70 years and was originally banned because it was reducing the Thai government's tax revenue from opium distribution.[4]

Kratom behaves as a μ-opioid receptor agonist like morphine[5] and is used in the management of chronic pain, as well as recreationally.[6] Kratom use is not detected by typical drug screening tests, but its metabolites can be detected by more specialized testing.[7][8] The pharmacological effects of kratom on humans, including its efficacy and safety, are not well-studied.[5] Most side effects of kratom are thought to be mild, although isolated serious adverse effects such as psychosis, convulsions, hallucinations, and confusion have been reported rarely.[4] There has been a reported case in which chronic use of M. speciosa was associated with bowel obstruction, as well as anecdotal reports stating that the plant carries the potential for addiction and can lead to withdrawal symptoms.[4] There have been case reports that document deaths involving individuals who have combined kratom with other drugs or substances, but kratom itself has not been identified to be cause of death in any of these cases

Sure,that approach has worked so well with all the other drugs.

But, back on topic.

Has anybody tried growing tomatoes or eggplant inside?

I haven't tried it personally, but I have seen tomatoes in a room. From what I recall, there was nice vegetative growth but the fruits were between a golf ball and tennis ball when ripening(not a cherry tomato or roma plant). My impression was that it would not be worth it without dedicated lights or a primo garden space. I might have to give it another thought as I am recalling a bag of Cherokee seeds stashed away. Edited by suneday11

the only troublesome veggie so far here has been pineapple, cabbage and broccoli. I believe its the light schedule that causes issues. I am partial to the flower room vegetable varieties rather than veg room veggies. My tomatoes rock year round, but mostly grow them in the winter, of course, indoors. small varieties of lemon, lime trees do well in that room too. These veggies can harbor way different bugs than cannabis plants do, so that can be with issue too.

Sure,that approach has worked so well with all the other drugs.

But, back on topic.

Has anybody tried growing tomatoes or eggplant inside?

I had one tomato plant that had a few fruit to finish last fall so... I dragged it into my veg area.

The fruit did not redden but it did mature enough to pick and finish on the counter.

I left the plant in there as an experiment and found that it re-vegged and would bloom.  No

pollen was produced on these flowers.  I had a nice bushy plant come spring to place outside.

It produced tomatoes for me this year.  Had I remembered to cover it b4 leaving for a couple of

days when frost hit, I would have pruned it (something I just learned of) and brought it back

in to veg again this year.  I container grow and am barely a beginner :)

Which do you recommend for the veg room and which for flower?

if the intention is to transplant outside in the spring definitely all do very well under extended periods of light.

I have great fortune with tomatoes. I prefer roma and those black hybrid ones. cherries are a given.

definitely leafy herbs do better for me from seed even. I grow tomatoes this way from collected seeds. You have to hand pollinate flowers in the room usually for best results. Basil is such a winner I grew so much for years I extracted the oil and a chef bought all of it every month. I joked how that could soon pay more grow bills than cannabis, a crazy thought for me. ginseng has proven difficult for me I think temps are responsible. Most flowers, orchids, and roses do well in flower cycle. some prefer a coller less light area like mints/lavender/citronella/lemon balm. Others love full sun in there and the heat is no matter. I keep it @ a strict 84 for 12 and a strict 69 @ night. I do have issue with physically supporting larger fruiting varieties, like tomatoes. I 've no tolerance for cumbersome supports beyond fiberglass driveway markers and hemp string. I bonai most everything I grow so its natural to do the same to vines in there. Composted basil(I make a lot) makes great growing soil. crumbled into your growing soil will keep those gnats away and wont affect your bene's.

Composted basil(I make a lot) makes great growing soil. crumbled into your growing soil will keep those gnats away and wont affect your bene's.

Funny you should mention that. I've always grown in DWC and I'm just starting to experiment with coco. I've never had gnats before but I'm starting to see them now.

I've been putting potato slices on top and spraying with rosemary oil. It keeps them in check but there's still enough to be a nuisance.

Radishes lettuce spinach spring onions are easy to grow indoors in small shallow containers and they will do well in the spillover light. If you want to grow in a little deeper soil carrots and radishes together works well. You can also grow tomatoes peppers and cukes [trellised] in a grow room

fungus gnats are easy to deal with, throw Diatomacceos earth (food grade edible silica) or 1 inch of sand on top of any coco/soil. no more gnats.

what zap says is good advice too.

also i think you can do neem oil drench.

I'll try the diatomaceous earth. I always have a big bag that I use to keep parasites off the animals. I dust the dog and cats and layer some in the chickens straw. Great stuff.

Pic it took FAR less than 5+years of use.   I watched my former friends tear themselves apart in months. Pointing the blame elsewhere does not move the point as to how this particular plant, in my opinion, is the one that should be under review.  There is JUST as much literature against Kratom as there is for it.

I understand your point Grass, however I have to remain adamant that Kratom is a definitive "bad seed" 

i am calling you out for twisting the literature.  Kratom, in combination, can be deadly.   But in combo.

Edited by pic book

sprouts do well in both light schedules. I keep mine growing year round on the kitchen counter though.

YOu can buy normal seeds in bulk, but you'll fare better if you "bleach" them before use, otherwise  a gallon can

of organic mixed seeds is pretty reasonable on amazon.

My winner is the billion basil seeds produced by the basil crops in the flowering room. Those are free and organic.

my whole yard is full of basil now too.

• 2 months later...

The stuff is as bad as that damnable "potpourri"  and "incense" that these ridiculous folk get ahold of and decide that it's a good idea to inhale the fumes of.

sounds like the haters without facts of the 30's who got marijuana scheduled in the us, and caused 80 years of negative hype.  makes black men want white women, and vice versa.  kratom=potpourri=incense=fear mongering.  potpourri and incense are dangerous synthetic chemicals, synthesized by one molecule being changed from what's illegal to make them legal.  they are dangerous, even lethal, on the order of methamphetamines.  and like meth are responsible for hundreds of thousands of er visits, with permanent negative physical and neurological effects.  and the more you use and the longer you take the worse the effects that can result, including death.   the 'friends' cited earlier were abusing something else, or something else with kratom. what strain (white vein or red vein) were the 'friends' taking?  what dosage?  for how long?  powder or capsules?  so frustrating, due to misinformation passed as fact, almost half of folks believe mj is evil.  don't demonize kratom...versus opiates, kratom has none of the harmful side effects.  in 30 years kratom will have replaced opiates in pain clinics.  it is much better at pain relief than any mj.  the strain you take; bali, sumatra, ma deing, thai all have varying effects, from energizer bunny to euphoria to sedation to pain relief to jitters to calming to total removal of anxiety, to in females, a huge increase in desire (just as with opiates) and no menstrual cramps.  and the effects vary directly with dosage.  but all strains, whenever abused, produce shakes--take more--nausea--take more--vomiting.  so if, if addiction even exists, it is self-limiting...and shakes, nausea and vomiting run a 2-4 hour course and leaving no permanent effects.   same in 'kratom withdrawal', which can happen in some peeps who take huge daily doses without 'vacations'. withdrawal=shakes, nausea, vomiting, lasting 2-4 hours, the same as whenever too large of a single dose is ingested. kratom's side-effects are self-limiting...and temporary...and don't increase in seriousness or damage if usage continues.  one reason kratom is so superior to opiates.

Edited by pic book

Is anyone doing sprouts or anything like that? I am wondering what room would be more suitable....veg room humidity might cause an issue for broccoli sprouts and the like. Why are a handful of sprouts $3.99. That's enough for like 1.5 sandwiches.

they say doing it in the kitchen works. i have no room there, maybe on top of the fridge? :D

i have alfalfa seeds and just bought some mung beans to sprout. i've been using the jar method, but its a lot of work, i should probably just spring for the cheap plastic seed sprouter or try again to sprout in coco / dirt like this video:

also bought a bag of sunflower seeds for the birds, but want to use those as sprouts, last time i did it i used the wrong dirt and too many seeds.

Edited by t-pain

Pic it's done, what you're growing is revolting, dangerous substance that I refuse to even communicate on the subject there-of again. (and have refused multiple times now even via pm's, you obviously don't seem to get that point though).

You will never convince me that it is anything but a drug

No fear mongering here, just straight facts as I stated them. You don't want to believe them, that's great, but don't go confusing your thoughts on whats a good time with what others should believe about a subject. As far as I'm concerned, peddling Kratom puts one into the category of drug dealer.

Kratom is garbage and superior to nothing, short of having the consideration of being possibly used to treat METH addicts in Thailand, through and through. Combined with something else or not. My friends only used the nasty little drug you're trying to put on a pedestal, nothing else.

You can make every squirming attempt you can muster to snake through claiming Kratom is a good thing. It isn't. It never will be. This conversation is done now. Though I know that by now I'm to be prepared for a childish last act attempt at a last word, which I'll gleefully ignore again and again as I did the PM's for attempting to "convince me" otherwise on this subject.

It's cases like this where I actually hope that in a way dispensaries are made legal, that way when people have to get their meds they aren't harangued by a pusher until they feel pressured to buy baby-meth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

they say doing it in the kitchen works. i have no room there, maybe on top of the fridge? :D

i have alfalfa seeds and just bought some mung beans to sprout. i've been using the jar method, but its a lot of work, i should probably just spring for the cheap plastic seed sprouter or try again to sprout in coco / dirt like this video:

also bought a bag of sunflower seeds for the birds, but want to use those as sprouts, last time i did it i used the wrong dirt and too many seeds.

dirt? yuck! We've had fresh sprouts daily since 1999. Never used dirt for sprouts