Mmma And Hyta Felonies Help

livinglife211

I have in the past had a felony for drugs I was on probation for two weeks it cost me 7600 and then I walked away hands free after paying my "fines". This was taken under the HYTA act.  I have performed an backround check and found that I have no backround that comes up. I have had an attorney try to find a record and she can not either. I would like to become a caregiver as I have been asked to be one several times. Can anyone offer any advice? I am thinking I will just fill the form out and send it in any or advice or opinions

you have to sign the cg form saying you've never been convicted of a drug crime.

its on the caregiver form, page 2

"I have never been convicted of ANY felony offense involving illegal drugs"

wouldnt signing that document , in itself, be fraud if you were convicted?

lets check the hyta law:

(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3), if an individual pleads guilty to a criminal offense, committed on or after the individual's seventeenth birthday but before his or her twenty-first birthday, the court of record having jurisdiction of the criminal offense may, without entering a judgment of conviction and with the consent of that individual, consider and assign that individual to the status of youthful trainee.

its possible that he was never convicted but instead is a "youthful trainee". ask a lawyer.

so i guess, you were never convicted?

(this is not legal advice, i am not a lawyer.)

https://apps.michigan.gov/ICHAT/Home.aspx

is where you access ichat and look up your record.

if its clean, its clean...

Edited by t-pain

I have ran the backround check on iChat.  I chat is what employers use correct? if so then I have paid them their 10$ and found nothing.

Ichat at the link Tpain gave you. That is what LARA, the ones who run your MM forms, looks at when they decide. If you don't have any charges on there then that's what they see. I had an old charge on mine that didn't say whether it was a felony or misdemeanor and they canned me as a caregiver until I 'clarified' it with the court. 

I ran it about 3 months ago on that website and came up clean I don't feel a need to do it again ty all for your help ill post when they send my card or denial

welcome to the forums and the MMMA

hope this all works out for you.

i am very glad you will update us as your personal process continues...

i agree with everyone in this thread...

thank you T for posting the link to ichat.

awesome community we are a part of.

Great Job everyone.

AFAIK,  your charge won't show up on IChat or employers, but still exists for law enforcement/judicial purposes.  Usually once you finish a 7411, HYTA or wtvr it is in the 50 different states, Ya need to go back to court to get it removed from law enforcement databases. Most states it is typically it is around 2 years after completion of the probation etc. and you can do this.

I am not super familiar with Michigans protocol,... but that is typical of most states. Worth looking into.

Yesterday I spoke with my attorney who I used to beat the case and attempted to try to find a record of the case and he informed that there is no record of this case he is able to find and that would mean there is no record. I am filing my paperwork today. does anyone know if I actually have to fill out a change form for myself? If so which box do I check.. paitent adding new caregiver?