Nearing Harvest Causes Mood Swings

Restorium2

is it similar to what soon-to-be parents do when expecting a child?

nesting? i think they call it?

they scurry around the house, childproofing everything.

so instead of childproofing, its more like locking every door and window and cursing yourself for not flushing one more day earlier?

"where are my darn clippers?!?"

"why is it so humid in here?! do you want me to get mold?"

"no its not a good time for your friends to come over. does it smell like a good time to you?"

bawahahahahahaha!  that is funny as hell!   I get that way when making my special oil, when I think to much it makes me swett, I never worry about plant smell, I most def am noise blind lol, I guess thats why some woman love me (ooo grose lol)  every one that walks in my door says it smells good in here! most time the ole lady is cooking something, I say yea she is making so and so, and they say oh I didnt smell that!

for me its the 5;30 pm getting dark thing that drives me nuts every yr, I hate this time of yr, only when its dark and not sunny though!  I totaly get seasonal disorder every yr aka cabin fever!  I have to do things this yr to make it more bearable, the cold gets to me now, I dont even want to go out, my car batterys go dead every winter because I dont drive them enough, I either have to hook up a trickle charger or jump them, I have 2 vehicles I use, a lil ford for doing dump runs, and my explorer for running to town and picking up my boy from his sport practices and such, I cant wait till he gets his liscense,, oh shoot I have to call around for drivers training he is 15 and gonna be driving himself to school and back, in the old ranger of course lol!

good thread!

Peace

Real or not?

Sort of like a full moon, as a grower nears harvest the nervous energy builds and they have to blurt stuff out on the internet.  :lol:

It's called "Anticipation". You can smell it , it smells so good & pungent you can actually taste it . . .

Edited by knucklehead bob

Yea I get nerious near crop time, ,mostly becuase im getting old and blind and want to pick them at the exact time and color of the trics, I cant hold my hands steady enough for the scope lol, I need a tric watcher not a smeller lmao!

Hey rest your a pretty fart smeller,,,,,,er,,,,I mean pretty smart feller!

Peace

In my perpetual system there is always plants to be harvested. At least one weekly 3x3 tray full is always slated for "harvest at earliest convenience status". Plant count, weight on hand, cloning needs play heavily each week when timing the harvest here. Regardless of veg time/size plants will be moved to the flower room when plants are harvested from there, filling the gap, rooted clones are bumped up to bigger cups in the veg tray. eight trays in the flower room represent the eight/nine week flowering schedule they keep.
There's always clones that are late rooting, or flowers that I feel need another week or so, and even ones I cut earlier than 8 weeks. sometimes a veg is slow to start and early to flower, resulting in a smaller harvest of that one. I keep enough buffers in various stages to make up for these issues. The whole machine relies heavily on projected patient needs, making their reliability and consistency paramount to my great service :P

the stress comes only when patients don't/can't do as they say.

I am in a perpetual with only about a week or two a month that isn't a harvest window. I also move a lot of homebrew around the garden intakes for some cheap co2. There is always something to harvest, but at least I don't sit my bum in front of the TV too often! I have some occasional odd behavioral things go on near a good harvest. it's mostly just ignoring people and hiding out for a few too many days with some occasional stress.

Repression. Cannabis repression causes Gump Grow Syndrome. :lolu:  Think about Forest Gump when he went for a run and apply that to growing ......

Forrest Gump: That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run(grow). So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.

You know you been workin' too hard when your fiskars wear out ..... and your knuckles swell up. 

One of my relatives gave me a Christmas gift in 2009 - the Fiskar "herb scissors"  as an inside joke.  This is a scissor where you can easily separate it and clean the blades once they get gummed-up with sticky niceness.  I kinda wonder if Fiskar knows that their products are being used widely in the MMJ circles and so they made a product just for us?

they know. as fast as users submit their improvements on the product, for specific uses even, the groups gather signatures to keep the company from acknowledging the cannabis connection I bet.

Scott's fertilizer in in a similar boat now. bean counters prolly getting anxious at the hold out.

Heh - yeah, you can even see Sears and Home Depot with grow tents, etc. in their on-line offerings.