Happy Veteran's Day !

trichcycler

Thanks grass!

It was my pleasure and honor to have been able to serve.

Because having seen how they live abroad, I like this country. 

A lot. 

It may tinkle me off sometimes, and I see and experience some really disturbing trends in politics; but as Mark Twain observed, patriotism is supporting your country all the time and supporting the government when they deserve it. 

I don't drink alcohol, but I raise my can of LaCroix in a toast to all my fellow vets, living and dead.

Bi salamati!  And God (swt) bless us all.

kthxAllahhafez.

Dad was 22yrs in, grew up on base for a chunk myself. Always held great respect for the service, despite all the crap that goes hand & hand w it. Though my father was dead set against my having anything to do w it.

He'd have rather ditched the holiday & ceremony for better health care & surviving spousal benefits any day of the week. Hated politicians w a vengeance, and all the lip service. Put the money where the mouth is... better pay, health care, benefits & support. That will honor the sacrifices much more than any ceremony on tv or parade outside or sale at the mall.

Tend to look vd w a bit of spite myself... can not divorce it from the politics in my mind. They should put up or shut up. Soldiers tend to get the bunny muffin end of everything... the words of our leaders r just too insincere. Hope that one day we actually support them in as much as we speak of it.

With respect to all Veterans, thanks for your service. Was wondering if anyone watched the Concert for Veterans in DC. Anyways it was a great tribute to Veterans for their service to the Nation.  One of the best ones I've ever seen.

Here's a little story about the show  and all the performers. Their  was a controversial performance by B.Sprinsteen that some may have misinterpreted.  Couldn't get a copy yet though theirs snippetts in the article, for the rest of us I thought I'd celebrate his performance here...