Keepers Korner

kindfolk

i was on a message board back in the day where we collected and traded elite cuts like I'm suggesting

^I do trade cultures around the world with a similar group.

I'm very interested in the work you are doing with cultures 

I used to have a buddy on another message board who was involved in something like that

he was from down under most likely still involved

wish I could remember his name

so being that you have found what you are looking for would you be willing to contribute one of your keepers to the project?

a couple of the cats y'all might know of...

katsu, ghost, rezdog, etc

so when you hear of the  pre'98 Bubba Kush the Katsu cut, or Ghost Haze

those are the folks who were involved in the project and well anyone who knows him knows is a darn serious seedmaker and has put out some great beans...but what an donkey rectum...hey Rez ;P

I'd likely be willing to share cuttings/seeds with a club member. I'm very leery when it comes to accepting cuttings, clones and even growing out pocket seeds, never personal, just me. On the other hand how often can one sit and enjoy the strain he is about to plant for the first time, before planting it. I'd be tempted to change my ways in a group of stand up cultivators.

keep in mind, while sampling much of the tudes offerings I came to the conclusion that every seed I planted was successfully grown to full expression, had medical value, and was favored by patients, some more than others, but all were remarkable. That left me with the 30 or so that are perfect for me. I all but stopped strain chasing, but maintain a genetic record of most every strain sampled. They are all good-for someone. two pizzed me off-ak48 and super lemon haze-yet even those two were favored by patients, just not me, at the bottom of the barrel imo.

If there was a member here that has been searching for a special bean/cut/art seed I'd be hard pressed not to xpdite, and indeed have,  if I like them and all.... :cold:

I would like to start out by offering a cut of a cross I made

I had friends in the South Bend area who had been running a special 

White Widow cut that was their pride and joy

all of a sudden they started having trouble getting them to root and he gave me 2 of his last 4 cuttings to work with

I put one in the flower room and one in the veg room

the one in flowering was dusted with some Sagamartha Bubbleberry pollen that I had been saving in the freezer

unfortunately I was unable to get the cut to root but the beans were good and I shared them and one of my friends found this pheno among them

it's a keeper in a few gardens back home in Ohio 

its an 8 weeker that starts out with a sativa growth pattern but switches to the Bubblegum look when it starts flowering and puts out dense frosty nugs in 8 to 9 weeks depending on preference

done right it has a remarkable flavor that is more pronounced than any Bubblegum or Blueberry strains I've worked with

it has a strong euphoric stimulating high that enhances social events and is a go to when it comes to sharing with friends

it's not overpowering but plenty strong enough and the Widow seems to have added a longer duration to the effect to smooth out the crash/comedown effect I find with the Blueberry

it's a nice combination of the 3 strains

Widowberry or (Bubbleberry Widow as some call it) is my first offering to the project

KF

Mine are Blue Dream

Doc's chemdawg #4 x g13  (cut at 71 days and dipped into vanilla flavoring so the capillaries suck up the juice, and thanks for that suck-up suggestion grassmatch).

My all-time best ever and i lost it. black gangi at day 64.

ok now dont get mad at me!  I wouldnt dip my mm in anything to make it taiste different, I truly think that is a big no no and always has been to the crowd I have hung with most of my life!  People have had indoor grows in michigan before I was born so thats a long time, we always looked down on some one that couldnt grow something taisty with out cheating aka add fake flavoring!

the best I have had since the law was voted on has to be purple erckle or how ever the hell you spell it, all I know Is I was getting it for free and the despense in pinconning was getting 38 bucks a gram!  

Back in my day we had 2 names for it, sativa and indica lol and maybe a few more like cali sensi, hawiian, tigh stick, jamacian, columbian gold, red, and rainbow lol! and of course northern lights because I had canadian connections.

Peace

and for the record I was reporting the results as a preliminary study to specific purposeful composting in the attempts to supply precursors necessary for an exaggerated expression. It is not what I "do" but my ends depend on the findings. For instance it's now known that some people find incredible relief from their breathing issues. We also know why. The plants' terpenes providing the pleasurable relief can be selectively bred only so far. after that I intend to  be able to induce an expression selectively for medical purposes. not mine, not my patients, only for my pages. By setting up those precursors within the living soil plants are somehow being influenced to produce more pronounced, selected terpenoid profiles. I'm fuggin amazed.  There's more to exotic strains tasting exotic because of the sun. could be tropical fruit frass even.

composted pineapples supporting C99 tells all here.

same goes with Cherry Pie, in composted black cherries

lemons, limes, coconuts, and more.

The closest I got to a direct RTM is with fermented grapes. I have no idea why , but these GrapeStompers grown in that compost was over the top sour wine

tasting. The shift for me is to discover if downline genetics can be affected in these cultivars after generations of precursor set up. so much to do, so little plant count!

I personally view the effects of cannabis as the side effects of the flavors. I love the natural flavors and their differences.

I think dipping personal bud  stems in natural flavorings for a different experience is cool. I don't do it, but have like I said. it works. it wasn't invented here. is it abused? of course it is. whatever. seems innocent enough to me to add a pinch of lemon to your bud or oil. Actually Pure Gold adds lemon terpenes back to their oil before packaging it for sale, a whopping 5% by weight. its all you can taste, still good though, with medically proven advantages(blood/brain blahh blah)

I personally view the effects of cannabis as the side effects of the flavors.

Not just flavors, 'it's' flavors. Cannabis flavors from cannabis, which only hint at what is going on. It's not the 'flavor' doing it, but a flavor can be a trademark of a good strain and it's effects. How do I know? Because I get effects without tasting anything.... Riddle me how that can be if effects are only side effects of flavor? I think you have the cart before the horse. It might be that flavors give you a hint about effects, not cause them, unless you have a super high 'power of suggestion' tendancy. 

terpenoids and flavonoids and cannabinoids  are responsible for the medicinal effects of cannabis. thc is a terpenoid for thought.  When I remove all of those from the herb and smoke the herb I receive effects, no smell or flavor beyond burning grass. I propose its more closely related to oxygen deprivation than medical compound relief. The active medicinal compounds in cannabis are found in the waxy trichome heads of flowers and leaves. These contain a myriad of terpenes possibly, if allowed to fully express.

I've had wonderful flavors that were not so wonderful effects, a personal experience. some medicine performs differently for different people, at different times of day, at different ages, health status. etc. taste, and flavor after all are subjective, and I can report those as my personal views on the matter I hope?

Edited by grassmatch

terpenoids and flavonoids are responsible for the medicinal effects of cannabis. thc is a terpenoid for thought.  When I remove all of those from the herb and smoke the herb I receive effects, no smell or flavor beyond burning grass. I propose its more closely related to oxygen deprivation than medical compound relief. The active medicinal compounds in cannabis are found in the waxy trichome heads of flowers and leaves. These contain a myriad of terpenes possibly, if allowed to fully express.

I've had wonderful flavors that were not so wonderful effects, a personal experience. some medicine performs differently for different people, at different times of day, at different ages, health status. etc. taste, and flavor after all are subjective, and I can report those as my personal views on the matter I hope?

If you take a hash oil you have never smelled, and eat it in a gel cap so you haven't ever tasted it, it still provides effects. Therefore we know that cannabis effects are not just side effects of taste or flavor, regardless of your personal experiences. It's known from common knowledge. I don't have to refute your personal accounts to show this. 

http://steephilllab.com/resources/cannabinoid-and-terpenoid-reference-guide/

http://www.projectcbd.org/medicine/terpenses/

http://www.zamnesia.com/blog-beyond-cannabinoids-flavonoids-terpenes-terpenoids-of-cannabis-n301

http://www.triqsystems.com/products/triqoptiq.html

god reading on the subject.

also know that thc can exist without smell. it has an effect, albeit not so pleasant to most cannabis smokers. crystallization was popular for a minute decades ago.

If you take a hash oil you have never smelled, and eat it in a gel cap so you haven't ever tasted it, it still provides effects. Therefore we know that cannabis effects are not just side effects of taste or flavor, regardless of your personal experiences. It's known from common knowledge. I don't have to refute your personal accounts to show this.

wow, so if you don't taste it, does it really have a taste eh? like a tree falling in the forest with nobody hearing it, did it make a sound?

it aint all that technical man, consider the flavors of cannabis as the mixture of compounds mostly responsible for making the experience of thc/cbd consumption more pleasurable than if taken by them selves...

My "personal view" on the matter was not based in scientific knowledge of course, or else it would have been presented as possible fact, as opposed to the disclaimer of "my personal views", opined and understood as "imo" by most internet posters I thought.

wow, so if you don't taste it, does it really have a taste eh? like a tree falling in the forest with nobody hearing it, did it make a sound?

it aint all that technical man, consider the flavors of cannabis as the mixture of compounds mostly responsible for making the experience of thc/cbd consumption more pleasurable than if taken by them selves...

My "personal view" on the matter was not based in scientific knowledge of course, or else it would have been presented as possible fact, as opposed to the disclaimer of "my personal views", opined and understood as "imo" by most internet posters I thought.

I did not taste it or smell it but it has wonderful effects. So taste and smell where not part of it. 

eating a mango while smoking cannabis has measurable effects, but may be considered cheating by other users who do not understand why one might do such a thing.

we're not talking about sprinkling kool aid on buds here as you may believe. pic is dipping his stems in flavors to watch the action of uptake and influence the taste of his buds. This was common place when I was a kid. we did it with roses, colors, flavors etc. Mom had a rose garden outdoors and collected the petals every year. she cooked or creamed them or something. He's experimenting with science. awesome for him! he's not selling reefer labeled lemon, only for personal use, or to turn a friend on.

I don't add any flavors to anything. I specifically have explained the process here for composting items like pine needles, fruit, vegetables. This new composted soil can be used in conjunction with normal ferts and soil to supply the precursors to terpenoids and flavonoids. kool aid wont do that, sorry. there is no "cheating" or worm tea would be on that list too!!! and different spectrum lighting to produce hash tips, or culturing to control nodal counts and spacing, or to exploit an anomaly. its all good bro, don't fear the knowledge. This has been happening for half a century in big agri, the guys who have laws concerning what can and cant be done to our foods.

I did not taste it or smell it but it has wonderful effects. So taste and smell where not part of it.

OMG!

do you believe "taste" and "flavor" to be some mystical quantum particle that has no point except to be detected by your

aging tongue? if so I am finished smashing once again a fine thread with you.

OMG!

do you believe "taste" and "flavor" to be some mystical quantum particle that has no point except to be detected by your

aging tongue? if so I am finished smashing once again a fine thread with you.

Take it easy. No sense in getting hysterical. All I'm saying is adding a smell like pine to your cannabis probably isn't going to be the same as your cannabis that produces the smell on it's own. Same with lemon and skunk. The smells are indicators if they were 'grew there' which cannot be said if they were 'added'.