Just Thank You

oldirongut

When I got legal I thought there was an army of Government and Law Enforcement people that were behind me and just waiting to help me out. You regulars here taught me different. The Michigan MM Law is an awful piece of legislation. After spending time here I was amazed the thing passed it's so messed up. You folks straitened me out quick......... (1) Smarten Up (2) Lock Up (3) and Shut Up. Thank You

Edited by oldirongut

welcome to the boards....

and the situational awareness being afflicted upon civilian personal....

many people are "shocked" when they learn of the disparities facing many "legal" cannabis patients.

great to Emeet you...

thank you for your contribution.

Be Safe

Be Silent

Be Legit

welcome to MMMA.

Edited by mibrains

Most peeps entering nowadays have little appreciation for those persecuted over the last several decades... kept the jails full, salaries & budgets a flowing, positions of power in place, plus paid for a few private estates & retirement arrangements. Aint no thang... the prices we pay/get today are subsidized by people rotting in jail, right?

LEO is offered seminars teaching attendees about the best items to confiscate for resale value.

It's really out of hand the way this is abused on the common citizen. Meant for kingpins not caregivers.

Prisoners early release today. not very many actually. we're told they are harmless to society. I wonder why jail them in the first place then? We're told mostly all offenders are repeat offenders, even the ones that were released, early or not.

I can only imagine rotting in prison for a simple possession charge while may family is growing the same medicine in their homes for personal use, permitted by the state I rot in. What a ridiculous notion, offering a sad view of societal responsibility.

Why not release all at once, every prisoner convicted of possession of marijuana? I'm not a mathematician but I bet the numbers of prisoner housing alone converted to instant state savings would be staggering by week's end, Enough to awaken America, maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

When I got legal I thought there was an army of Government and Law Enforcement people that were behind me and just waiting to help me out. You regulars here taught me different. The Michigan MM Law is an awful piece of legislation. After spending time here I was amazed the thing passed it's so messed up. You folks straitened me out quick......... (1) Smarten Up (2) Lock Up (3) and Shut Up. Thank You

if you, or anyone, does not like how things are --- get to work changing it -- volunteering, working with others half-hour a day  with like minded people to implement new things that would work (we have a const. one must be aware of) between now and next election - then electing like minded people will help (and getting rid of those that won't) and it can change everything ,

not easy and not fool proof but one person can change everything .....determination and making sure all your friends vote...

also, no armies or much pro bono anything is out there (can you pro bono anything) so get that out of your heads, its a 1 in 10,000 odds.....it takes hard work and money....main problem is 20-30-40 year olds do NOT vote is the masses the 60-70-80 year olds do and many of them are brainwashed....

furthermore, the MM Law is a prime example that IF the powers that be do not like a law the people pass, they will do everything they can to slow, obstruct, and just cause chaos of that law (reason enough to never support such a person again)...the MIch MM LAW is not poorly written as it is pretty good looking at some other states (like Hawaii, 3 plants.....) but is not perfect either.....

THE most important local elections one can work on is your local prosecutor, and Judges -- as they seem to get re-elcted no matter how good, OR BAD, job they do, because no one puts out the facts on them unless it is someone running against them -- how nice would it be if your local MM people kept track of each local judge's rulings and published it a month before the elections ---

finally, lets hope Michigan's newest Sup. Crt. Justice Bernstein will shake things up not only for MM, but for many things -- as they have made falling down on crappy sidewalks covered with ice, a non-suing issue in MI (nt to mention a dozen other injuries anyone could get and no one in Mich can even go to court about -- they need changed along with most of the crt. of appls...it takes US to do this by educating others in the months leading up to elections (and the rest of the time paying attention to what they do and recording it for use 3 yrs. 7 months later .....

It takes all of us doing a little each and every day - many hands make light work on massive projects....

FYI 

M

Sad,ain't it? I won't ever vote again.

Please vote - even if only for the obvious third-party loser.  I have to believe that rebubs and dems look at voter turnout and results.  If they see a growing number of people voting third-party, maybe they will start to respect you/us more as votes against "them" rise.

By not voting, you tell the power-people that they can continue to do what they want, as "the people" don't even care enough to vote.

By not voting, you send a very clear message that you're not going to try to affect the status quo.  Voter apathy greases the skids of dictatorship.

Well, maybe I should start...

The U.S. is NOT a democracy. :-)

The United States is a Republic.  Some States have allowed some democracy in the forms of ballot initiatives.

Democracy doesn't equal voting for representatives.

Democracy means everyone voting on issues of government. The Founding Fathers and the Constitution were against democracies.  They thought a representative government in the form of a Republic was the best route as stated in the constitution and explained extensively in the Federalist papers.

Well, maybe I should start...

The U.S. is NOT a democracy. :-)

The United States is a Republic.  Some States have allowed some democracy in the forms of ballot initiatives.

Democracy doesn't equal voting for representatives.

Democracy means everyone voting on issues of government. The Founding Fathers and the Constitution were against democracies.  They thought a representative government in the form of a Republic was the best route as stated in the constitution and explained extensively in the Federalist papers.

Well said, but as a democratic republic, we expect our representatives to represent us.  North Korea calls themselves "The Peoples Democratic Republic of North Korea."  (PDNK)  What a joke.  We don't want this same joke to apply to us in the USA.

So we kinda have to believe that we can vote in a democratic way (not the political party but the original philosophy) and end up with results that represent our majority opinion, as represented by our representatives.

I have never understood the "Democrats and Republicans are the same" argument. They do things differently on a wide range of important subjects. Certainly Democrats are more favorable on our common issue for this site.

I believe they are the same in that they both have an end goal of maintaining the status quo. Things never change because neither wants them to.

The difference lies in how they plan to do so. Democrats foster dependency on government and Republicans seek to punish those who disagree with them.

I've always found Democrats as largely ineffectual and Republicans as just plain malicious.

Do you not believe they also have a goal of enriching and improving the lives of their supporters, or at least making sure they don't bite the hands that feed them?

Exactly why they don't want to upset the apple cart. They are both beholden to the corporate teat.

I think the main cause of voter disillusionment is the fact that they vote to change things yet everything stays exactly the same after the elections. Doesn't matter which party is in power the common people lose.

The people have the illusion that they have a choice by picking one or the other but there is precious little difference between the two. Two sides of the same coin.

For the first time in my life I voted Democrat instead of Libertarian hoping to keep Bill Shitte out of office. It didn't help and for the first time in my life I feel like I wasted my vote because I voted for the lesser of two evils instead of what I believed to be right.

Edited by Wild Bill